As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    self care is important.

but while i'm here i'm going to keep floating the idea of a bank robbery.

There IS a bank in Hemlock Bay if you really want to rob it.

it's a city that worships an evil god and half their guards are dead. it's like it's begging to be robbed.

It's also named after a poisonous plant!

At that point, it'd be evil not to rob it.

You? I like you.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    h-hi

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    We should be good to go tonight assuming I don't crash after work, but I'm feeling lively right now!

• Options
    i had a nap, and i am ready to go when it is time. naps are weird.

• Options
    Elidana as Tusk and the orcs play Axe ball "Man, now i miss Jamie again. Been too long since I saw ax- oh shit Auraj shot one of them."

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I have no idea if lizardfolk play sports in their culture. Closest thing is hunting, but that's for finding tasty food.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Lizardfolk draws back his bow spring, his partner shakes her head.

"no, that's a tame horse, takes like garbage. You know our tradition."
    "Tasy fo-"
    "TASTY FOOD ONLY!"

• Options
    maybe they have culinary matches

where creativity is favored over taste

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    The plan was to start two hours later than usual tonight, right?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    As I mentioned last week, I've got a doc appointment tonight so no game tonight unless that goes quickly and smoothly but even then we'll start st1 least an hour late

• Options
    Ok, right. I'll just keep an eye on this thread. Good luck, hope everything goes quickly and excellently!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight forgot

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    i am in the thing anyway if people want to hang out. or even if they don't. I'll still here.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I will be available on July 6th!

Then I leave the country again on July 27th!

• Options
    Are there any magic items that the team is interested in acquiring? Doesn't have to be something from the DMG, just an effect or idea that you'd like.

I gotta figure out loot for this dungeon and stuff y'all will use is good to know.

• Options
    It's hard to picture magic equipment that would work for Tusk, because all my drawing of him are wearing nothing but bermuda shorts and his boarskin cloak. The big thing I'm in the market for is some bracers of defense.

• Options
    i would also like bracers of defense, but tank gets first roll.

also an orb of dragonkind, you know, down the line.

I am also a big of of magic boots and tattoos. Elidana already has a magical tattoo, but boots.

Maybe a magical scroll that can become a forgery of something. Iunno, Elid is still a bit stuck on being able to go home even if she doesn't, so finding something she can use to bluff her way back in would be something she'd go out of her way for.

Also Doggles for General Sparks.

• Options
    crab tank

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    We on for tonight?

• Options
    Yup! Time to investigate Kulsha's mine and fight WULFBLAYDE the Orc.

• Options
    fuck yeah

• Options
    edited June 2017
    (80s rocker voice) wulfblaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayde

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I was in a hulks and horrors game where one of the guys made a character named Lazer Hawk.

and was unaware of the band, but somehow accurately recreated their vibe with his character.

He was, the best player.

• Options
    Real concern: if WULFBLAYDE rocks as much as his name implies, Tusk may defect to be his drummer.

It's cool though, I have at least a dozen other concepts in my character file who can be main tank.

• Options
    he'll probably be a huge weab that's into electro.

• Options
    so i was right about being huge.

or, large i guess.

also, an unguided wish is a heck of a thing. I got too many ideas. One thought is something that would let Elidana go home. Or, more charisma (devils can do that, right?) Or a get out of jail free card which could be useful but i'm not sure how good an incubus would be at doing that.

or, show Tusk a Good Time. leave his soul alone though.

• Options
    Note that Chadrizzoth did say a wish within his power, there's a handful of things he can't do(he's no Demon lord)

• Options
    yeah, i imagine a Chad can only do so much stuff, but like what can't he do?

could he get an document from a long gone nation?

• Options

If the document exists, yes. If the document doesn't exist anymore he can't time travel, but he could create a forgery assuming it doesn't contain unknowable knowledge.

• Options

If the document exists, yes. If the document doesn't exist anymore he can't time travel, but he could create a forgery assuming it doesn't contain unknowable knowledge.

I don't imagine it would, I'm sure people knew how the first tower wrote their treaties and shit. Just need it to say they want to open talks with Nahar'yul and Elidana can go back with it all "Hey i did your dumb thing, heap praise on me."

• Options
    Though I may joke about it, I don't think Tusk will ever actually hook up with an NPC. Mainly because I know I get creeped the hell out when my own players try to do that, but the in character justification is that he's unsure what might happen if his control slips and the GMBS assumes control.

Unless he travels to Sigil and meets the Lady of Pain. It's been on my bucket list since Planescape was introduced to have a character die trying to seduce her.

• Options
    good job leaving me alone with the sex demon by the way.

if you didn't want it released you all fucked up.

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    As far as me and the Big Guy Upstairs With A Really Gnarly Cudgel go, I choose to believe that you banished him back to whatever pit he slimed his way out of.

• Options
    good job leaving me alone with the sex demon by the way.

if you didn't want it released you all fucked up.

Chaotic Good means you don't get in the way while somebody's gettin their game on. It's a sign of Tusk's respect for Elidana that he thought "if she wants to bang Boy Band Satan, she can probably take care of herself."

Chaotic Good also means that when you horribly misjudge what your friends can actually handle, you pay for the first round of drinks.

• Options
    I have a long history of my players making the worst decisions about hooking up with NPCs and each other. But that's okay, because terrible decisions make for fun games.

Chadrizzoth is a fairly chill demon, though. It's unlikely that any negative consequences will fall on the party for freeing him. Kulsha might have a few bad days.

I don't imagine it would, I'm sure people knew how the first tower wrote their treaties and shit. Just need it to say they want to open talks with Nahar'yul and Elidana can go back with it all "Hey i did your dumb thing, heap praise on me."

Yeah, he'd be able to provide you with an accurate and authentic-looking forgery, if that's what you want to use your wish for. He might even get original signatures from Hell!

• Options
    I have a long history of my players making the worst decisions about hooking up with NPCs and each other. But that's okay, because terrible decisions make for fun games.

Chadrizzoth is a fairly chill demon, though. It's unlikely that any negative consequences will fall on the party for freeing him. Kulsha might have a few bad days.

Yeah, he'd be able to provide you with an accurate and authentic-looking forgery, if that's what you want to use your wish for. He might even get original signatures from Hell!

yeah, that will probably be the wish. It also either gives us a reason to kick around elf lands, or a reason to swap out Elidana for a while (i was bored and made her sister as a LG Eldritch double knight)

Also other thoughts:

Elidana and draconic appearance stuff, since she is supposed to have tell tale scales i'm thinking visually they become apparent when spell casting, basically the level of spell dictating how visible and long they last. like a level 1 spell they are sorta there but then a round later nothing, where as level 9 spells for like two minutes she looks like a half dragon. mechanically it has no implication, i just like to think of visual quirks.

Also: how bad do we want to fuck over Kulsha? quiet blackmail or like, town square accusation? Cause, we have proof of a demon being summoned, a demonic orc, that letter she wrote that kinda ties her to the demon directly, and we did have testimony of an orc saying she hired them. We got options.

• Options
    Maybe Phillipe's obsession with assholes has something to do with all that Incubus blood.

Also, how stupid of an idea is a pump crossbow? And what kind of stupid is it?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    hey nerds

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Ugh sorry I forgot to mention that today was appointment day so I'm working late as usual!

But no appointments for a month or more thanks to everyone taking vacations so we'll be proper weekly again!

• Options
    so, no game tonight?

which is fine! I just want to know if I should make other plans

Miss me? Find me on: