As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    that I don't know

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Ahem ahh...
    We'll use the Penny Arcade ingame chat channel to organise things.
    I just realized I've never used the SC2 chat features at all. How does this work? :lol:

@Gabriel_Pitt it's been too long since I joined a channel to talk you through it without being ingame, so I'll figure it out closer to the time.

/join heroes of the wang

??

is that still our channel?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d7

1d7 4 [1d7=4]

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Roll geth roll!

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d7

1d7 7 [1d7=7]

Geth roll 1d7

1d7 6 [1d7=6]

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d7 for map selection

map selection:
    1d7 4 [1d7=4]

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 1d7 for Dhal/SorC

Dhal/SorC:
    1d7 5 [1d7=5]

map selection:
    1d7 2 [1d7=2]

map selection:
    1d7 2 [1d7=2]

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d7 for MMM/Gabe!

MMM/Gabe!:
    1d7 5 [1d7=5]

Geth roll me a good one

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Geth roll 1d7 for me and sorc

me and sorc:
    1d7 5 [1d7=5]

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    Geth, roll 1d7 for me and SorC.

me and SorC:
    1d7 4 [1d7=4]

Geth, roll 1d7 for mig's stupid proxy hatch map

mig's stupid proxy hatch map:
    1d7 7 [1d7=7]

map selection:
    1d7 5 [1d7=5]

Geth roll 1d7 for me and dhal

me and dhal:
    1d7 1 [1d7=1]

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    Never thought I'd play another CSL; this was fun

GGs!

And the first PA SC2 tournament in years comes to a close!

http://challonge.com/iov0u38i

Congrats to Vari for an undefeated run, and congrats to @Gabriel_Pitt for being a worthy opponent, even knowing they were outclassed going into it, put up a fight in every game.

edited June 2017
    Aw yiss, I got Maybe Next Time

All according to keikaku

kedinik on
  • SorCSorC Registered User regular
    Good games all.

11776-1.png
    edited June 2017
    Ya that was fun! Congrats to @Variable !!

I also got to sneak in an AI game while I waited for the next match.
    uv0kox82s5b1.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
    ggs everybody

or should I say (heart)(gg)(heart)

definitely gonna be playing more this week because of this and I'm looking forward to watching those finals next week. yay starcraft! tonight was really nice, thanks Dhal for putting it together and everyone for coming out to play!

Lessons I learned - don't forget to close the front door when fighting protoss, because that's how you get DTs all up in.

IF you do forget to close the front door, and you have turrets up to discourage oracles, and you 'meh' that you have time to get marines out because you have scans... make sure you DID'T forget to upgrade to orbital command. :lol:

I've been laddering most days since the CSL, and now I've won almost as many games as I've lost :')

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Anybody watching GSL / King of the Hill tomorrow morning?

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
    I'm only watching gsl live if I can stay up. We'll see. Def will watch the vods asap otherwise, likely tomorrow afternoon.

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I've been watching the Shoutcraft tourny rerun and messing around vs the AI. The LotV units make me feel like sc2 is more "open" in terms of cool strategies than when I last played. Lots of cool unit combinations.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    edited June 2017
    Considering who just won gsl I think you make a good point

Variable on
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Ya? Curious as to why you agree. My opinion is just based on "hey this seems like there is alot of possibilities" but not any thing else.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    Probably the biggest tactical change in LotV is that now each race has several common AoE dangers they might need to worry about in each match-up, so you tend to see offensive and defensive micro that is more interesting and impactful

Aside from PvT I guess, where Terrans still mainly try to get effective use out of single-target units? Plus ghosts still being strong if it goes that long

edited June 2017
    I somehow muted my PC as the SC2 client opened and did not notice until the matchmaker had sealed my fate

But like Scarlett-chan, I focused and built a lot of banelings and prevailed even without sound

kedinik on
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i yolod into my placement matches even though ive havent played sc in forever. i went 1-4 and it put me in gold?! Are there just so few people playing that getting one win puts you in gold? It blows my mind. I figured i should be down in bronze/silver since i barely even know what im doing.

my one win was very satisfying though. My opponent scouted that i was starting to mass mutalisks and he built a bunch of vikings and some turrets. so i quickly switched to hydras/roaches and he just didnt have the right units to stop it.

Enigmedic wrote: »
    i yolod into my placement matches even though ive havent played sc in forever. i went 1-4 and it put me in gold?! Are there just so few people playing that getting one win puts you in gold? It blows my mind. I figured i should be down in bronze/silver since i barely even know what im doing.

my one win was very satisfying though. My opponent scouted that i was starting to mass mutalisks and he built a bunch of vikings and some turrets. so i quickly switched to hydras/roaches and he just didnt have the right units to stop it.

The system decays your MMR a set amount if you've been inactive for a while, but then it is reluctant to place you much lower than that, even if you lose pretty much every placement

Also, sometimes your one win is where the system says, "Ah ok, this is probably approximately where they belong"

I suspect that the average skill level is a bit higher these days, because you're mostly playing people who have kept at it for a while now

But that is quite likely a convenient, arrogant suspicion :3

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i just havent played a single game against another person since like the launch of the zerg campaign and i dont think i even finished my placement matches. before that i was platinum in WoL after grinding it a bit. but im nowhere near as good now. my apm was like 50.

edited June 2017
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    i just havent played a single game against another person since like the launch of the zerg campaign and i dont think i even finished my placement matches. before that i was platinum in WoL after grinding it a bit. but im nowhere near as good now. my apm was like 50.

That sounds about right to me

I think the system decays your MMR down by approximately 1 league for inactivity, no matter how long you were inactive

And then placements don't usually move you around too much if you've already got an MMR

kedinik on
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

Ya? Curious as to why you agree. My opinion is just based on "hey this seems like there is alot of possibilities" but not any thing else.

I don't want to spoil GSL but the winner is someone who has always been known for having a unique style and making things work that other people haven't even tried. that seems to tie into your feeling on things. that's all I meant, I think you're right based on what I've seen but also based on that 'evidence'

Does anyone know when the Brood War remake is coming out?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited June 2017
    Welp, got my answer just 2 days afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkgMKoZBC7I

8-14!
    Pre-purchase available now.
    https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft-remastered

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra