As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E3, Featuring Knack 2 and some other games!

19596979899101»

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Origins is making a lot of the changes I was looking for in AC and it still looks boring as hell

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    "daddy" is a black culture thing that turned into a gay culture thing that became mass marketed

Can you explain the black culture part? I've never heard about that (or I'm just too ignorant to realize what you mean), but it's definitely been a gay thing since at least the 1970s

I'm pretty sure it comes from Southern culture moreso than black culture, although there is a lot of overlap between the two. It is definitely not unusual for older Southern couples to call each other "daddy" and "momma." The modern twist is just the realization of the inherent kink already existant in the traditional usage.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    All the main AC games have been open world with climbing everywhere

No they weren't. They had very strict places and handholds that you had to use to climb anything.

I mean, I guess you're right? I haven't watched the Origins trailer or played Breath of the Wild, so I don't really know how it's different (unless it's "literally climb anything"), but I wouldn't say AC had "very strict places"; you just hold down a button and a stick and the character will climb whatever around them they can. There were lots of parts in the first 3 games (I guess 5 if you include the II-spinoffs) where I didn't even realize there was something to climb but the character grabbed it anyway

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Breath of the Wild is "literally climb anything"

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    does it play Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" while doing so though

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    It's 120 degrees today in Phoenix jesus christ

Glad I work in an office

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    does it play Miley Cyrus's "The Climb" while doing so though

When my mod is finished it sure will

YaYa on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    It's 120 degrees today in Phoenix jesus christ

Glad I work in an office

The ac in my car is out, and my back window is broken.
    Life is hell

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I stand by my statement that if I was stuck in Phoenix I would actually die.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I drove through Phoenix during the winter

it was still in the 70s

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Sometimes people want the same old same old

There is a whole cohort of monster hunter fans gnashing as the teeth because now that the game is on a powerful console the map is no longer split into rooms divided by loadzones. This change to the sacred Monster Hunter formula represents a dumbing down and Westernization of the game.

Some folks hate change.

The very little I watched of that gameplay video made it look Monhun as fuck, so

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    In Breath of the Wild, you can just jump on any surface and climb to the limits of your stamina. Exceptions pretty much only include the shrines and some ancient-tech structures.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    In Breath of the Wild, you can just jump on any surface and climb to the limits of your stamina. Exceptions pretty much only include the shrines and some ancient-tech structures.

Also rain. Nothing like waiting for a storm to pass so you can continue having fun.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Phoenix is, if nothing else, the best named city of all time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What about Fuck City

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    It's 26 Celsius here right now, which is around 77 Fahrenheit, I think.

Even the idea 111 degrees sounds like certain death to me.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/fvKE9iVz-Ig?t=2791

here's 20+ minutes of MH World gameplay!

the stealth seems kind of half-assed, and the weird thunderbug cloud thing is kind of obnoxious, but I think I like the look of it overall.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    It's 26 Celsius here right now, which is around 77 Fahrenheit, I think.

Even the idea 111 degrees sounds like certain death to me.

As someone who lives in the Mojave Desert once you crack triple digits the difference stops mattering. You stay inside, hydrate, and endure.

108 is the high today and I am happy my studio is all utilities included so I can run the swamp cooler while I'm at work.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Watched a new trailer for Shadow of War.

Some very upset people in the comments because there's a black ranger in the trailer.

Doing hip hop Aikido?

This is a reference to Power Rangers

I clarified this because I thought it would look super racist if you'd never heard of Hip Hop Aikido

geth, close the thread.

Tube on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.