As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Newfangled Previews thread, beware here be spoilers.

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    JSofA is such a great book. You're doing yourself, and the rest of the world a great disservice if you're not reading it.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2007
    Sadly, I had to drop it over the summer. I actually have no reason to not get it now, so I'll probably be going back and buying the back issues with some of my Christmas money.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited December 2007
    Here's an unlettered preview of Moon Knight #14. For even more fun, insert your own crazy talk for an authentic and unique Moon Knight experience!
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=138563

wwtMask on
    edited December 2007
    Potentially awesome announcement: Fred Van Lente on a new Wolverine: First Class book in 2008! Van Lente is pretty good overall, and the idea is something I think I can get behind.

wwtMask on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2007
    Huh, Kitty's one of my favorite characters and I don't hate Wolverine the way a lot of people do.

I might check it out.

DJ Eebs on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Wolverine's great when paired up with one of his teenage girl sidekicks.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It'd be amusing to see him get stuck on a mission with all of them at once.

Scooter on
    edited December 2007
    Moreso if it ended with a slumber party and they put makeup on him while he was asleep. Kitty'd have to do it, though, because he always stabs whoever wakes him up as a reflex.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Huh, Kitty's one of my favorite characters and I don't hate Wolverine the way a lot of people do.

I might check it out.

Please tell me you've read the awesome Wolverine & Kitty Pride mini-series where they go to Japan.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Huzzah! More Messiah CompleX previews: Uncanny 494 and X-Men 206.

Also, the Marvel Holiday Special looks to be pretty damn amusing.

Crimsondude on
    edited December 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

I might check it out.

Please tell me you've read the awesome Wolverine & Kitty Pride mini-series where they go to Japan.

I'm fairly certain I have the individual issues around here somewhere.

DJ Eebs on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I know I at the very least used to have them, but they might have gotten lost in the move.

Fuck that mini was so good. It's basically the reason I love Kitty.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Man why is Doc Samson cutting his hair short now? That just makes him weaker.

DarkPrimus on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    X-Force just seems so.. '90s.

And not good '90s. Not Phil Urich Goiblin, Slingers, or PAD's X-Factor '90s. More like chromium foil and unwieldy shoulder accessories '90s.

The 90s are back! In CLAW form!

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    X-Force just seems so.. '90s.

And not good '90s. Not Phil Urich Goiblin, Slingers, or PAD's X-Factor '90s. More like chromium foil and unwieldy shoulder accessories '90s.

The 90s are back! In CLAW form!
    Their first mission also makes no sense, so we'll get that associated shit too!

Fencingsax on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Two new previews for this weeks batch o' DC Comics.

Bat-Lash #1 of 6, which I will definately be picking up and Simon Dark #3. Haven't looked at it yet but I hear plenty of good things about it.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2007
    Some preview images of the Artemis Fowl graphic novel. http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12539

That actually looks pretty good, and it'll be awesome if the entire series is done. Maybe it'll encourage other authors (take the fucking hint, JK Rowling) to do the same.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2007
    wwtMask on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Um. I don't think I like this Ultimate Iron Man II. I'm not happy about that, because I was really looking forward to it.

Just like how I was looking forward to Ultimates 3.

Delduwath on
    edited December 2007
    Brubaker talks about Young Avengers Presents #1 - Patriot: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=139259

I'm getting the series because it looks like it'll be the only Young Avengers we'll get any time in the near future.

wwtMask on
    edited December 2007
    Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been since we've had a Josiah X story until I read that. Where the fuck is he?

That being said, I'd love to know what's up with the Young Avengers these days, if only to know where their next series will pick up from when it's released like 2 years from now.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Um. I don't think I like this Ultimate Iron Man II. I'm not happy about that, because I was really looking forward to it.

It looks like a direct continuation of the last series. What's wrong with it?

Fencingsax on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Some more previews, including Wonder Woman, Salvation Run, and Green Arrow/Black Canary.

I just want to take this opportunity to say, Jesus fucking Christ, what happened to Bill Willingham's writing?

shittyrunlv9.jpg

I've read less clumsy,exposition-heavy dialogue in erotic fanfiction.

Munch on
    edited December 2007
    Is that the Ragdoll from Secret Six or did they mistakenly put another Ragdoll in that costume, because if the former then he didn't even attempt to capture the character and that's a real insult to Gail Simone.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

It looks like a direct continuation of the last series. What's wrong with it?

I'm not too keen on the art (although the real-life comic might look different enough from the preview that this might be a non-issue). Also, I thought the dialog between Whiplash and Dolores was a bit awkward. It's far from awful, but not the Second Coming that I was hoping for. Basically, what I'm saying is I'm going to have to read the issue before I buy it.

Delduwath on
    edited December 2007
    Even more previews!

This time with good shit like Booster Gold, Black Adam, and.. Nightwing. Two out of three ain't bad.

Now would also be a good time to mention that if you're not buying Booster Gold, you're a bad person and should therefore feel quite bad.

Munch on
  • hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2007
    Writing dialogue has never been Willingham's strong point.

Fables is a pretty okay book (I don't love it like a lot of people seem to), but its strength was always more in the concept than the execution.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
    edited December 2007
    Willingham, Kirkman and Slott are basically three writers that really get in their own way with dialogue.

DJ Eebs on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Brubaker talks about Young Avengers Presents #1 - Patriot: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=139259

I'm getting the series because it looks like it'll be the only Young Avengers we'll get any time in the near future.

I'm getting it because it's Patriot. Written by Brubaker. Oh God yes!
    Now would also be a good time to mention that if you're not buying Booster Gold, you're a bad person and should therefore feel quite bad.
    I'm buying it! Okay? Geez!

Desktop Hippie on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=139616

jlanfcvrrw2.jpg
    In an industry full of hyperbolic statements, saying that Darwyn Cooke’s DC: The New Frontier was one of the best superhero comic book stories of the early 21st century won’t raise many eyebrows. Likewise, it’s pretty much a truism to say that many fans of New Frontier have been waiting with bated breath for word of new New Frontier comic material coming from DC (yes, in addition to the direct to DVD film hitting in February).

We’ve finally got that word.

In March, DC will release Justice League: The New Frontier Special, a 48-page (no ads) collection of stories from Coke, J, Bone and David Bullock, including “New Frontier: The Lost Chapter” which shows the massive battle between Superman and Batman. Other characters getting the spotlight include Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Sgt. Rock and others.

We spoke with Cooke for more about the Special.

Garlic Bread on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2007
    Cool.

DMAC on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I'm really excited for this because god I want more YA. Anyway who's writing the Hawkeye one?

smokmnky on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    smokmnky wrote: »

I'm really excited for this because god I want more YA. Anyway who's writing the Hawkeye one?

I don't think we know yet.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »

I don't think we know yet.

Bummer, I don't know why but I really liked the Hawkeye character and look forward to seeing what they do with her.

smokmnky on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is anyone else getting really tired of Superman and Batman fighting? I don't want to to derail a thread or anything, but that New Frontier stuff sounds really good, except for that.

DouglasDanger on
    edited December 2007
    I am praying that the New Frontier thing will have a big Countdown Tie-In banenr at the top, to coincide with NF Wonder Woman's appearance in Arena. It'll make me smile.

Munch on
    edited December 2007
    I am praying that the New Frontier thing will have a big Countdown Tie-In banenr at the top, to coincide with NF Wonder Woman's appearance in Arena. It'll make me smile.

NF Wonder Woman is in Arena?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2007
    Is anyone else getting really tired of Superman and Batman fighting? I don't want to to derail a thread or anything, but that New Frontier stuff sounds really good, except for that.
    it is the story behind the big Batman/Superman fight hoax referred to in New Frontier. In the book we only deal with that event as a squib in a magazine article along with on shot of them brawling. This 22 page story will tell about what leads up to the two fighting, and how they choose to resolve it.

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2007
    NF Wonder Woman is in Arena?

Yeah. If you read Cooke's interview on Newsarama he doesn't even comment on New Frontier's inclusion in Countdown/the 52.

Munch on
This discussion has been closed.