As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[L5R LCG] Imperial cycle has releases faster than One Punch Man fight scenes.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Aaand.. nope. Human clicking doesn't beat bots, as usual. Everything sold out instantly in the lag, despite being 78th in line.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2017

HIDA KIDADA HAS FINALLY ARRIVED AT COURT, MARCHING ALL THE WAY FROM THE SHADOWLANDS FOR ANSWERS

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Lion preview is up: Masters of War.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I have no fucking clue how I'm going to be able to counter that swarm with the tools we've seen so far.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    They seem to be a bit weaker in political conflicts, maybe try to draw them into one or switch the Conflict type on them?

I mean it's not like they have a lot of courtiers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMwNHn5G4tc

... well, shit.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Heh, I'm kind of amused that L5R *now* just got a mention in the GenCon e-mail newsletter. If stuff wasn't sold out by now...

60 days!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Dragon fiction is up: The Rising Wave.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Also there's going to be a L5RLive Lion stream this week to make up for last week, plus some possible DragonTalk.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Dragon fiction is up: The Rising Wave.

Enigmatic story... Is the Perfect Land sect new? I don't recognize it.

• Options
    It definitely feels like a sect that could be running around during this time period, but the name doesn't sound familiar. Will have to consult the history books and my Phoenix contacts to see if it truly is new.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Oh. Wait. I just realized.

This sect is promoting a faith that promises that you can get into Yomi without having to be reborn as a samurai and is promoting overturning the celestial order.

Can you say "Kolat?"

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ... Huh.

I never knew much about the Kolat, which was probably willful ignorance on my part. Reading through the wiki... Damn. How did I miss them?

• Options
    I think that's technically "working as planned" for them.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Seems pretty good? Especially since Dragon will probably go a bit attachment heavy, so there'll be one dude bustin' face all over the place.

Also could be handy too if you're winning a late-turn challenge to keep your personality unbowed so it'll be around to help keep/take the favor.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    L5R Live is starting. And they are talking about the storyline tourney. Doesn't sound like they are going to be increasing the seats more.. but they are trying to get out product.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Confirmed: You will need a province of each ring when building your deck.

Edit: If you have no defenders at the end of a conflict, or choose not to send defenders to a conflict, then you will lose 1 honor to the pool.

Character with a dash (no skill) cannot be used in a duel of that type, attacker or defender.

All values that go negative are treated as 0.

Mulligan - first provinces, then conflict hand, mulligan is setting aside, draw replacement cards, then shuffle.

My question got answered! - To fight the lion, don't use idle conflicts. Use bigger fights, more meaningful ones to beat the superiority. For instance, forcing your opponent to overcommit.

There will be different families inside a clan, and each has a specialty. For example, Lion have 4 families - Akodo, Tacticians; Matsu, rank & file and ferocious, dedicated; Akoma - bards, remember all that came before. spreading tales (keep official history); Kitsu - shugenja, mysterious history, power to reach into ancestors and talk to spirits. Cards are trying to reflect this as much as possible.

Kakita / Matsu rivalry? - yup. It's there.

End of stream spoiler ( PMAvers beat me to it)

Athenor on
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh hey, so apparently the rulebook was at a Paris games festival.

We now know Deckbuilding Requirements.

Hmm, so there's a card type we havn't heard about yet. "Role Card." "A role card is placed next to a player's stronghold during setup, and modifies that player's options when building and playing the deck."

...Sensei!

You also can't have more than 10 character cards in the conflict deck.

Also "no more than 3 copies of a single card by title can be included in any combination in a player's dynasty and conflict decks." So possibly there might be, say, a personality that could have versions in both?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    So that's the mystery card.. Interesting! I was wondering if they were going to go with an ID.

• Options
    Also missed in the influence section that you can only buy out-of-clan stuff from a single clan. So you can't have a little Crane stuff, a little Dragon, a little Scorpion, etc.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Also missed in the influence section that you can only buy out-of-clan stuff from a single clan. So you can't have a little Crane stuff, a little Dragon, a little Scorpion, etc.

I think that came up in an earlier live stream.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Ohh now that is an interesting choice. Your influence expediture also reflects an alliance you've established with another clan. I kinda dig that idea.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    role cards sound exactly like Agendas from Game of Thrones

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Something interesting in the province card restrictions was that you could only have one copy of a province card by title. One would think that having to build a deck with five different elemental icons on province cards would take care of that, but I guess not.

So that opens up either the possibility of element-shifted province cards, or that there may be strongholds/roles that change your allotment of elements that you can assign as provinces.

Say like a stronghold (or Role) that lets you have two Earth province cards in your deck but no Air.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    There's a few more rule book shots floating around, one of the back cover which has reminder text of what some keywords do. There's one that hasn't been spoiled yet.
    Covert, which is basically AGOT Stealth. When you assign it as a attacker, you pick another character that doesn't have Covert. That character cannot assign as a defender during the "assign defenders" step for that conflict.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Along with the losing honor for not engaging opens up so interesting options for Scorpion ninjas

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Something interesting in the province card restrictions was that you could only have one copy of a province card by title. One would think that having to build a deck with five different elemental icons on province cards would take care of that, but I guess not.

So that opens up either the possibility of element-shifted province cards, or that there may be strongholds/roles that change your allotment of elements that you can assign as provinces.

Say like a stronghold (or Role) that lets you have two Earth province cards in your deck but no Air.

Some of that might be in the base set, but it certainly makes sense to build the rules now in a way that can be expanded.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Strange Assembly has a new Dragon character preview: Niten Adept.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options

Interesting how they worded the (friendly) call out.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    So does that mean instead of "Marries a Barbarian" being a limited action card, it would actually be a "Barbarian Spouse" attachment?

I'm down.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »

Interesting how they worded the (friendly) call out.

there's historically been a lot of confusion around paying costs in FFG games

they have insisted on wording it in a very unintuitive way, and it looks like they've finally decided to do something about that

• Options
    Bludgeoning someone with their own Pacifism would be hilarious though.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Dragon article is up: Monks of the Mountain.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ATTACH ALL THE THINGS!

Also? Yeah. There's a multiplayer variant coming. Holy shit is this obvious now.

l5c01_secluded_temple.png

• Options
    You know, I wasn't expecting the Dragon to have access to covert, but it makes sense. Not in the "stealthy ninja" way, more in the "wait, holy shit the Dragon are DOING A THING?"

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    You know, I wasn't expecting the Dragon to have access to covert, but it makes sense. Not in the "stealthy ninja" way, more in the "wait, holy shit the Dragon are DOING A THING?"

Yeah. When I saw it, it made a ton of sense. Plus it was a good time to splash that keyword out there, given the leak earlier in the week.

Also, they are hammering home that all the starting strongholds are +7 fate, 10 influence, with variable honor. :)

I have a friend that I thought would get a kick out of the dragon clan based on his personality. This week, I've learned I was right on the money, because he's a Martell player in GoT, and loves doing shenanigans with manipulating cards and game state. Given their champion is essentially Shang Tsung, this seems very fitting.

• Options
    yeah I also used to main Martell and dragon scratches the itch

I still want to play crab clan too though (but that's mainly because it's fun to say crab clan)

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I have no contribution other than to say Dragon look really interesting, great theme, great mechanics, great art... I'm very hyped for this.

• Options
    H I D A B O Y S

From the #L5RLive stream:

persona4celestia.jpg