As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomics/Illustrations or ican'tthinkofasnappytitlejustgowithit by Alex Smith

AlexSmithAlexSmith Registered User regular
Hey Y'all! My names Alex, and I literally haven't posted here since 2014 (yikes), but I thought I'd pop in and put up some of my art if anyone is interested to see! Also, I seriously can't find any other online communities with an active, good art scene and you all seem really nice!

c51u36zbg0xy.png
e0v0sry92uo8.png
u1soma1qjwuz.png

Some The Adventure Zone art I did at the beginning of this year of Tres Horny Bois

o68vrglfawlk.png
arq1cr02rff1.png
4araznk673e1.png
5f9yd94o5s4h.png
kkkhbvafghg2.png

Some stand-alone illustrations

c2hwhk8zsazi.png

A re-draw of an old page from my webcomic, NO_SUN [link in the signature]. This is part of my patreon/going towards me releasing a published edition later this year. [link to the original page for those interested]

That's all!

C&C welcome!

WEBCOMIC

PORTFOLIO

PM FOR COMMISSIONS

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Welcome back! You have some pretty rad shit going on, really enjoy all the little details and textures. The adventure zone stuff is fun!

I like the pallet on your first one, and really enjoy your flat colors. I think the sort of soft black gradient on the magnius one are a bit weird, its placed more like you just wanted to make an object here or there pop out than actually lighting it. Its hard to skate the line between "Im not shading this" and "I'm going to light this consistently", so thats something to watch out for.

Overall you have some fun shapes, the yellow jacket guys are by far my favorites.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Great stuff! I love the TAV boys.
    The typography is a little rough, the hand drawn look of it's fine but the style and color don't seem to fit doesn't fit with the rest of the piece.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    i like the energy in these, the designs are great but some of the characters like the witch on the broom look a little stiff

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    I approve of any and all TAZ art.

• Options
    ezaraezara ezarago ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Your webcomic is tits. What happened to your Patreon???

GjGfcs5.png
  • Options
    AlexSmithAlexSmith Registered User regular
    ezara wrote: »
    Your webcomic is tits. What happened to your Patreon???

It kinda got side-lined due to lack of interest! Im popular in my local scene but it's fairly small haha

Anyway, sorry for the radio silence, here's a dump of some recent work:

qgla97xmxkxo.png
    237kt4vf4otn.png
    jvsythpa6evv.png
    b4vkcy42001b.png
    k1rhabtt50qz.png
    l0wjgo7hyfz9.png
    h4bkybzxckno.png
    22osbjyntxck.png

WEBCOMIC

PORTFOLIO

PM FOR COMMISSIONS
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Hi. I like ur styles a lot.

The orange text on the first couple is hard on my eyes. Hard to read. Something about the orange fill with orange stroke. The last things ya posted are gigantiiiic and hard to see as a whole image because I have to scroll so much to see the whole thing.

Bunbun bunny bot is so cool. IMO some of the strongest images here have some sort of limited color palette.

• Options
    LegacyGameLegacyGame Registered User regular
    Oh these are neat, nice style

• Options
    SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
    yah those rpg classes are great