As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PBP] Recruitment: Mutant Year Zero

124»

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Sooo this door. Could Veritas jury rig it open? Or alternatively jury rig something that would cause it to open?

E- may as well roll and see what happens!

El Skid on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Is a light source actually a thing we need to worry about here? Is there an item we could've bought or a roll we should make to scavenge something up?

Sorry for getting meta about this, but it's easy for PbPs to get ultra-focused on an irrelevant issue and lose momentum.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    A torch is an item that you can buy (about half a bullet) or jury rig yeah. There is also a Bioluminescent mutation that one of you could end up with, but since I want to encourage clever uses of Mutant powers and keep things moving along I wanted to keep things moving. If you were in an area where finding the parts were harder I probably would have made you roll.

edited June 2017
    So I missed on my 7 dice with a 1 already for a shoot die. I can choose to push it and reroll 6 dice, and I would take consequences for at least one 1. What are those consequences again? Stat dice is stat damage, but what do skill dice 1s do? @Neanden

El Skid on
    Skill dice don't have a negative effect on a 1 which is their bonus. With the custom dice this is clearer since skill dice don't have a symbol on a 1.

That's a hit with no bad stuff associated! Yay!

Is there some sort of roll to make for searching? Maybe know the zone?

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Comprehend(Wits) honestly seems like the closest skill that could be used here. Understanding what the facility is which may lead to....finding something or knowing what to look for.

The way I understand it Scout is purely to spot someone sneaking or discern whether something in the distance is a threat. While Know the Zone is ability to identify specific oddities in the zone (i.e. mutant chimeras or whatever).

edited June 2017
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    were you still alright with being my character's right hand?

Just wanted to double check since it didn't seem like relationships were fully...cemented.

Egos on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's fine.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Time for a scene change? @Neaden

Sounds good. I'm always a bit cautious in case someone has something they want to do but I'll try to be more proactive if no one has posted in a day or so.

just double checking,

the assault rifle has no "usable" ammo, right? also do I have my two gang members with me or did I have to do a command roll to order them to come along?

Egos wrote: »
    just double checking,

the assault rifle has no "usable" ammo, right? also do I have my two gang members with me or did I have to do a command roll to order them to come along?

All bullets are interchangable so you can use your existing bullets with the assault rifle, it just didn't come with any.
    You're gang can always be with you without a roll so long as nothing in the fiction prevents it (like if there wasn't enough room in the boat or something).