As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Paws For Effect

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Paws For Effect

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    I would watch this.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    And they combine to form a megazord.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    When are Zoids coming back?

Hell i'll even take Gobots...

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • DistantlurkerDistantlurker Registered User regular
    C Team is the absolute highlight of my fucking week. UK here so this and a bottle of Jack are my Friday night (altho I did take Thu/Fri off a few weeks back so I could at least catch one game live and throw bits at the screen).

I've been a massive fan of Acq Inc since it started and honestly, C Team is just better. Everyone on the show is a superstar, the chemistry is amazing.

Thank you *so* *so* much to everyone involved. I feel genuine love for you all.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    I love everything about this comic... Just... EVERYTHING.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    What do they normally play, D&D?

What is this I don't even.
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm going to take a look at this C Team stuff, but the assurance that this strip isn't accurate makes me feel like I'm going to have to brace for disappointment.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

D&D 5e

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I'm going to take a look at this C Team stuff, but the assurance that this strip isn't accurate makes me feel like I'm going to have to brace for disappointment.

The real thing is still pretty great. But no Voltrons.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular

The 'C' Team is a spinoff of the Acquisitions Incorporated shows that Tycho, Gabe, and others do live at the PAX shows. It stars:

Jerry Holkins as the DM and hologram of Omin Dran
    Ryan Hartman as Dragonborn Paladin (and narcissist) Donaar Blit'zen
    Amy Falcone as Elf Druid Walnut Dankgrass (the 'k' is silent)
    Kate Welch as Halfling M.O.N.K (and not your grandma's grandma) Rosie Beestinger
    Kris Straub as Drow Warlock K'thriss Drow'b (emerging from a mist shroud)

Pat Rothfus guest starred as Rosie's Half-Orc multiclass in just about everything son Driebus
    The Child's Play auction winner guest starred as Tiefling Sorceress Davine Ardor Qihiri

The game is played and streamed live on Twitch every Thursday on the HyperRPG channel from 3:30-6:00 Pacific time, with it going on Penny Arcade's YouTube usually within 48 hours. It's a D&D 5E campaign. And it's a ton of fun. I believe the 'C' Team has already had more games played than AI proper at this point.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Do we know when the Mike episode of C Team is actually going to happen?

Is it scheduled yet?

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Do we know when the Mike episode of C Team is actually going to happen?

Is it scheduled yet?

I don't think they gave a date, but my guess is that it's immanent. Probably next week's episode if I had to make a guess.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This is a great comic. Love the dad pun in the title too.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »

The real thing is still pretty great. But no Voltrons.

We don't know that, we haven't seen Mike's episode yet. Acq Inc. did, in one game session, go into a giant robot that each person controlled one part of to fight a kaiju.

H9f4bVe.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This makes me want a Power Rangers action RPG so bad

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "They were supposed to be GoLions, you heretic!"

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »

The 'C' Team is a spinoff of the Acquisitions Incorporated shows that Tycho, Gabe, and others do live at the PAX shows. It stars:

Jerry Holkins as the DM and hologram of Omin Dran
    Ryan Hartman as Dragonborn Paladin (and narcissist) Donaar Blit'zen
    Amy Falcone as Elf Druid Walnut Dankgrass (the 'k' is silent)
    Kate Welch as Halfling M.O.N.K (and not your grandma's grandma) Rosie Beestinger
    Kris Straub as Drow Warlock K'thriss Drow'b (emerging from a mist shroud)

Pat Rothfus guest starred as Rosie's Half-Orc multiclass in just about everything son Driebus
    The Child's Play auction winner guest starred as Tiefling Sorceress Davine Ardor Qihiri

The game is played and streamed live on Twitch every Thursday on the HyperRPG channel from 3:30-6:00 Pacific time, with it going on Penny Arcade's YouTube usually within 48 hours. It's a D&D 5E campaign. And it's a ton of fun. I believe the 'C' Team has already had more games played than AI proper at this point.

Their name game is on point.

steam_sig.png
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    I hope it's not next week, Chris is gonna be gone that week sadly, and I want to see everyone interacting with Mike's nuts stuff. I remember his old campaigns, with scale planets that you had to jump around and off of, lasers you had to manipulate, really amazeaballs shit.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea Mike better be showing up with some arts and crafts projects!

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Our Homebrew gaming group has three DMs, and we determined early on that every DM got his own continent. As an inexperienced DM, at first I asked if I could just use one of their settings. But it was a hard and fast rule, and a wise one. The one time we broke it, my friend's dad DM'd in his setting, and two characters got turned into vampires. (This is a low magic, low power level game. A PC vampire is essentially the end of interesting adventures for that character.) We worked around it, but it was humorous to see how quickly even DMs who mostly agreed on tone and power level could inadvertently screw up a campaign.
    Never let someone else DM your setting.

Edit: although something tells me Mike and Jerry and pretty in sync on their setting.

RatherDashing89 on
  • poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    lol But the game sounds awesome...

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    The "C" Team is awesome, and I urge anyone who's into Acq Inc or RP games in general to check it out. It's so much fun to watch, and you can tell that Jerry and the players are having a blast playing together. I absolutely love it.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    @BWANIE Geez when was the last time they had a show or video game? Maybe the gamecube?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    For my money, C Team is better than Acq Inq. I enjoy it a good bit more than the spectacle AI has turned into.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    For my money, C Team is better than Acq Inq. I enjoy it a good bit more than the spectacle AI has turned into.

Are you suggesting that a make believe game of dwarves, elves and magicians fighting fantasy monsters has become a spectacle?

For shame.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Are you suggesting that a make believe game of dwarves, elves and magicians fighting fantasy monsters has become a spectacle?

For shame.

No, it's the "and now you are a huge robot" stuff I don't care for.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    @BWANIE Geez when was the last time they had a show or video game? Maybe the gamecube?

Lol, i'm purely going by my own childhood memories, I don't think i've seen either franchise mentioned in 20 years.

Yh6tI4T.jpg