As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chapter 1: The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe - A [13th Age] PbP

Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
edited July 2017 in Critical Failures
The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe
A 13th Age PbP Adventure

Inigo Sharpe has gone missing.

Seer. Artificer. Magician. Architect. Inigo Sharpe was a true Renaissance man and a trusted confident of many of the Icons. He worked with the Emperor to engineer vast bridges, roads, and aqueducts. He went on vision quests and talked deep into the night on philosophy with the Priestess. He taught the students of the Archmage and together crafted some of the finest magic items in the Empire. Inigo even shared ale and wine with the Dwarf King and Elf Queen, respectively.

That was, of course, till tragedy occurred...

An item of great power Inigo crafted himself went horribly wrong. Inigo was unaccustomed to failure, let alone this level of catastrophic failure, and fell on desperate times. He succumbed to drink, often showing up at public appearances inebriated and incomprehensible, rant belligerantly during classes he taught at the academy. He would stumbled around the Preistess's meditation halls singing dirges with a bottle in tow. Inigo even stopped showing up to the Emperor's meeting regarding the expansion and improvement of the Dragon Empire. It wasn't long before the Icons were forced to distance themselves from Inigo and bar him from their strongholds. Before too long the once great hero Inigo Sharpe disappeared into the darkened alleys lite only by late-night pubs, never to be seen again.

However, just because Inigo feel out of favor with the Icons does not mean they had abandoned him. From a distance the Icons keep on eye on their once friend, hoping that the great man he had once been would return. Recently, Inigo has gone missing, beyond even the eyes of the Icons. Fearful that he may have been taken or even kill by one of the more villanous Icons, who may still hold grudges against Inigo, the Icons have reached out for anyone willing to search for the lost hero.

Character Creation
While I prefer players use the arrays provided in the Appendix, if you prefer to test your lucky using the roll method that is perfectly acceptable. If you choose to roll, you must do it here in this thread. No restriction on classes, races, etc. All characters will begin at level 1. Whatever you want to play is cool with me, just remember you will have to justify whatever choices you've made during character creation in game. For example, I may call on you tell me a story about the time you used that Background in the past in a similar situation. Should we all enjoy ourselves, this one-shot could turn into a ongoing, eventually leading into the Eyes of the Stone Thief mega-dungeon.

Recruitment will continue through 6/30/17, at which point I will pick my favorite submissions.

Our Adventure's Heroes

@Elvenshae Tomas à Dunsanin - Entitled wizard heir of the House of Dunsanin

@MagicPrime Mikhail - Runaway half-elven, half-Efreeti scion of a far away nation

@Brody Bragg MacCool - Fallen halfing gladiatorial celebrity with a clockwork arm

@Reynolds Kirst Roudlea - The most charming half-orc to ever escape the dungeons of Axis

@Nullzone Kasben Rinker - A blind gnomish archer who perceives the world through illusion

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
Mikey CTS on

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Eldolan

A short distance down the coast from the mighty city of Horizon, the town of Eldolan is nestled on a sea shelf. Students of the town’s three rival wizard schools constantly feud and create trouble for the town guard, the Silver Shields, who must clean up the wizards’ messes. The Council of Mages—who truly rule the town—involve themselves with stints of political one-upmanship that keeps any true political progress from moving forward. It is the quintessential college town - thriving in areas that benefit from the continual influx of new students who bring with them new money. While the areas that do not reap those benefits decline in the shadows. But what college town doesn't need shady territory for students to go slumming it?

Points of Interest: The Diabolist's Own Sweetery, Docks, Hawker's Square, Laternwerks, Lost Hope Mission, Relic Hunter's Emporium, Tavern Row, The Three Schools

The Three Schools
    Halls of the Ivory Tower
    The Halls of the Ivory Towerl are the home of the Arcanists, who specialize in esoteric formulae and non-euclidian geometries. Their students tend toward more the academic type, more interested in the study and pursuit of magical academia for its own sake rather than practical application. Ironically, there are no white towers anywhere on campus, thus the origins of the name remain a mystery. They can be identified by their deep burgundy robes and golden griffon crest.
    Mithril School of Magic
    The masters of the Mithril Order are by far the wealthiest of the three schools in Eldolan. They accomplished this not by having the smartest students but by focusing on the practical applications of magic in society. The Mithril Order controls more patents on the industrial implementation of magic than the other two schools combined. Their students are easily identified by their deep forest green robes with silver dragon crest, and also by their impeccable sense of fashion keeping with current trends.
    Towers of the Eldritch Masters
    Home of the Eldritch Masters, these stark towers house their school and workshops. Their school is well-known for producing quality magic items and potions. The students spend long hours toiling in their dreary workshop and of the three schools are the most likely to express their dissatisfaction with the administration. They are recognized by their black robes emblazoned with the green ouroboros crest, as well as their morose anti-authoritative attitudes.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Hey, since this is a one shot, would you mind if I tested out my Swashbuckler Custom Class? I made it a year or so ago but I haven't been able to playtest it.

• Options
    I am a fan of buckled swashes. Go ahead and present a build for me and I'll read through it on my lunch break. If I find anything objectionable we can work it out together.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Feloria, Daughter of the Red
    Dragonic Swashbuckler Level 1
    Str 10 (0) Dex 18 (+4) Con 14 (+2) Int 14 (+2) Wis 10 (0) Cha 16 (+3)

HP: 21
    AC: 16
    PD: 14
    MD: 14

Initiative: +7
    Recoveries: 8
    Recovery Die: 1d8+2

Background:
    Failed Sorceress +3
    Dragon of the Sea +4
    Singer of the Waves +1

One Unique Thing: The unclaimed Bastard Daughter of the Red, which would be the dragon's first humanoid child, if it is true.

Icon Relationships:
    The Three: ~2
    The Archmage: ~1

Melee Attack
    At-Will
    Target: One enemy
    Attack: Dexterity + Level vs. AC
    Hit: 1d8 + Intelligence damage
    Miss: Damage equal to your level

Breath Weapon (Racial Power)
    Once per battle, make a close-quarters breath weapon attack as a quick action using your highest ability score against one nearby enemy’s Physical Defense. On a hit, the attack deals 1d6 damage per your level of an energy type that makes sense for your character.

Today Is The Day You Almost Caught Me!
    You gain a +5 towards disengage checks and +5 towards breaking free from bindings such as ropes, shackles, handcuffs, collars, ect. as long as you have the right tools to break free.

Flip Behind
    When you are engaged to a single opponent, you may make an disengage check. If you succeed, you move behind the target and gain Cha mod damage towards your next attack against the target until the end of your next turn.
    Adventurer Feat: Target is dazed (-4 attack) until the end of its next turn.

Defy Gravity
    With this Talent, you may move across areas you couldn't move before, such as along walls, or move up to higher areas without having to make a climbing check, even in battle. You must end your movement on normal ground and all engagement and movement rules for combat still count against you.

Present for an Ally
    When you are engaged with a single enemy, you may make a disengage check then push him into an nearby ally who is not engaged with anyone. That ally can make a free basic melee attack against the enemy.

Equipment: Leather Armor, Rapier, Buckler Shield

Basic Character Sheet. I'll write up a backstory in a bit.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm going with an array anyway (PBFTW), but let's see what would've happened ...

Geth, roll 6#4d6k3

EDIT: Yep. Boring array there. :D

6#4d6k3 6 # 14 [4d6k3=[5, 5, 4], 3] 14 [4d6k3=[6, 5, 3], 2] 10 [4d6k3=[4, 4, 2], 1] 13 [4d6k3=[5, 5, 3], 1] 10 [4d6k3=[6, 3, 1], 1] 11 [4d6k3=[6, 3, 2], 2]

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Geth, roll 1d6x10

E: Oops - shoulda been *10, so 30 starting gp.

1d6x10 0 [1d6x10=3]

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Tomas à Dunsanin
    Human Wizard 1

5uje0mcqgbqv.png
    Str 8 (-1) Dex 14 (+2) Con 12 (+1) Int 18 (16, +2 Wizard) (+4) Wis 10 (0) Cha 16 (14, +2 Human) (+3)

HP: 21 (6 + 1 Con x3)
    AC: 12 (10 + 1 Con + 1)
    PD: 12 (10 + 1 Con +1)
    MD: 16 (12 + 3 Cha +1)

Initiative: +3
    Recovery Die: 1d6+1

Background (8, max 5):
    Foppish High-Society Maven +4
    Student of the Halls of the Ivory Tower +3
    Occasional Skullduggerist +1

One Unique Thing I know one-third of the spell that will unmake reality.

Icon Relationships (3)
    The Archmage: +2
    The Emperor: ~1

Melee Attack: Staff
    At-Will
    Attack: +0 (-1 Str, +1 Level) vs. AC
    Hit: 1d6 -1 (-1 Str)
    Miss: 1 (+1 Level)

Ranged Attack: Thrown Dart
    At-Will
    Attack: +3 (+2 Dex, +1 Level) vs. AC
    Hit: 1d4+2 (+2 Dex)
    Miss: 1 (+1 Level)

Quick to Fight (Racial Power)
    At the start of battle, roll initiative twice and choose the result you want.

Talents (3):
    Cantrip Mastery All cantrips may be used at-will and are a quick action.
    High Arcana You can memorize daily spells twice. Gain counter-magic as a bonus spell.
    Wizard's Familiar Astór the Hawk (Agile, Flight)

Feats (A:2)
    Utility Spell (A) Each slot dedicated to Utility Spell lets you cast two spells from the available spell list.
    Cantrip Mastery (A) You can use a cantrip-style version of any memorized spell.

Spells
    Level 1: 5 + Counter-Magic
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QCHXpDDY5qDv6IIh4vSAEsfnUBV2csmhlURMCmi4Sd8/edit#gid=0

Equipment: silver-handled dagger, blackwood staff, set of stainless steel darts, traveling wizard outfit (bright blue and black-dyed leather with silver buttons), formal school robes (burgundy and gold - stylishly colored, at least, if unflatteringly cut), polished ash wand, assorted arcane paraphernalia, 30gp

Prose Background
    Tomas à Dunsanin is the third son of Marc IV, the current head of an ancient noble house. Per tradition, his oldest brother, Marc V, was sent to the army; his next oldest, Ivan, to the priesthood; and Tomas, the third, was destined for a life at court as an Imperial functionary. Tomas took to court life like a well-manicured hand to an exceptionally-tailored, calfskin demigaunt and whiled away his free time at dinners, balls, and galas of all kinds. Though he had many friends at court, some others held generational grudges - unwilling to forgive or forget the whispered scandals that, many years in the past, had seen his family banished to the Empire's hinterlands and from which they had only recently begun to extricate themselves.

In time, Tomas's mental facilities were noticed, and a recommendation was made that he remove to Eldolan and there attend one of the city's magical schools. Although at first he demurred, some minor trouble with an otherwise insignificant, forgettable, meaningless lordling showed Tomas the wisdom of making himself scarce for several months. That was approximately two years ago.

Though Tomas's father is less than happy at his son leaving his post at court, he nevertheless appreciates the potential of a full-fledged wizard in the family, and so continues to support Tomas's education at the Halls of the Ivory Tower (the only acceptable school for a young gentleman of breeding and means).

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Oh someone took the bait? Elvenshae you just instantly earn my eternal affection. I have up shorts for the schools very soon!

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Oh someone took the bait? Elvenshae you just instantly earn my eternal affection. I have up shorts for the schools very soon!

Well, you drop a big, beefy character hooky thing like that in front of me, I'm probably going to bite. :D

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I've been looking at the Necromancer class a lot recently, depending on how this week goes I'll try submitting a character.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    You've got the ivy league prestige academia, the equivalent MIT for future captains of industry, and the sort of community college level schools in Eldolan. And there is a embittered rivalry between the three. See above in the 2nd post for details.

You may notice continued reference to industry - that's because I hate the typical fantasy world. Always stagnant, never progressing. My Dragon Empire will not be like that, but I also won't push it as far as, say, Eberron to be an entirely new genre. It is a world on cusp on the industrial age - they've just figure out that magic can be use for large scale projects like street lanterns and plumbing. There is running water, homes can have central heating/air, and others marvels such as self-propelled wagons, magical package delivery, etc.. Society is figuring out how to use magic to better the human condition rather than as just a pursuit of power. Eldolan is sort the ground zero for this new frontier of magical application in the Dragon Empire with its three schools.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Definitely the Ivy League stand-in for me, then.

• Options
    I don't remember if it's discussed in the books, but if not, what typically happens to the souls of the dead?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm interested, but I've been having trouble finding time to read the actual book and rules to try to create a character.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Do we have a name for it?

The Ivory Academy, perhaps? :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

It's the Halls of the Hidden Veil, but we can change that to the Halls of the Ivory Tower if that suits your fancy.
    Brody wrote: »
    I don't remember if it's discussed in the books, but if not, what typically happens to the souls of the dead?

Cosmology of the universe, the soul and the gods are not really discuss in the books at length. It's left to the each group to discuss for themselves. So how about you tell me what happens to the souls of the dead? Or if you don't want to play that game I can make something up for you.

• Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

It's the Halls of the Hidden Veil, but we can change that to the Halls of the Ivory Tower if that suits your fancy.

I was going for the ivory tower academics, IVorY double play-on-words thing. But that might just be too precious by half. Up to you - I'm happy either way!

• Options
    edited June 2017
    I say we split the difference and go with the Halls of the Ivory Tower.

Editting the second post with the update now!

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I am going to be tossing in a character for this. His name will be Mikhail and he is a half-elven sorcerer.

I am not very familiar with the 13th Age geography, and whatnot (i know its a loose setting). But he needs to be from some kind of arabian/desert styled area.

His O.U.T. is that he is the Runway Legit Heir to an Efreeti Lord and High Elven Noble. And I think his backgrounds will be: Elven Court Raised, Abusive Childhood, and Street Rat.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    The map is basically wide open so if we want to add such a place, then it exists wherever we want it.

• Options
    That's what I figured.

Basically Mikhail (Genie word for Ash) was born to the mentioned above. And was mostly a bargaining chip and pawn for the machinations of both his father and mother. They 'loved' him to the point that they didn't want him dead, and wanted him to be the future of their family name (he has abandoned his real name). But the emotional and mental abuse was pretty horrific. His Father felt that the best way for him to come into the power of his blood was for it to be beaten out of him, typically through fighting his father or his retainers.

Spent most of his life bouncing around the courts in the Elven and Desert cities. During a prolonged stay at the Elven Capital he managed to escape into the streets and has been on the run since.

• Options
    The elf captial would be the Court of Stars, where the Elf Queen holds court.

• Options
    I'll probably write up a halfling fighter then, because a frontline would be helpful, and small sized plate wearers are hilarious.

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I am going to be tossing in a character for this. His name will be Mikhail and he is a half-elven sorcerer.

I am not very familiar with the 13th Age geography, and whatnot (i know its a loose setting). But he needs to be from some kind of arabian/desert styled area.

His O.U.T. is that he is the Runway Legit Heir to an Efreeti Lord and High Elven Noble. And I think his backgrounds will be: Elven Court Raised, Abusive Childhood, and Street Rat.

... I don't buy that.
    ;)

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »

... I don't buy that.
    ;)

Let's not be too hasty.

• Options
    Okay, that turned out a little longer than expected.

Tomas à Dunsanin is the third son of Marc IV, the current head of an ancient noble house. Per tradition, his oldest brother, Marc V, was sent to the army; his next oldest, Ivan, to the priesthood; and Tomas, the third, was destined for a life at court as an Imperial functionary. Tomas took to court life like a well-manicured hand to an exceptionally-tailored, calfskin demigaunt and whiled away his free time at dinners, balls, and galas of all kinds. Though he had many friends at court, some others held generational grudges - unwilling to forgive or forget the whispered scandals that, many years in the past, had seen his family banished to the Empire's hinterlands and from which they had only recently begun to extricate themselves.

In time, Tomas's mental facilities were noticed, and a recommendation was made that he remove to Eldolan and there attend one of the city's magical schools. Although at first he demurred, some minor trouble with an otherwise insignificant, forgettable, meaningless lordling showed Tomas the wisdom of making himself scarce for several months. That was approximately two years ago.

Though Tomas's father is less than happy at his son leaving his post at court, he nevertheless appreciates the potential of a full-fledged wizard in the family, and so continues to support Tomas's education at the Halls of the Ivory Tower (the only acceptable school for a young gentleman of breeding and means).

• Options
    edited June 2017
    ngdfjgylls8r.png
    'Mikhail'
    1st Level Half-Elf Sorcerer
    STR • 8 (-1)
    DEX • 14 (+2)
    CON • 16 (+3)
    INT • 12 (+1)
    WIS • 12 (+1)
    CHA • 18 (+4)

HP • 27
    AC • 13
    PD • 13
    MD • 12

Initiative: +3
    Recovery Die: 1d6+3

Backgrounds (8, max 5):
    Efreetian Raised +5
    Child of the Elven Court +3
    Street Rat +2

One Unique Thing:
    Runaway Legit heir to an Efreeti Lord & High Elven Noble.

Icon Relationships:
    The Elven Queen • +2
    The Archmage • ~1

Melee Attack: Spear
    At-Will
    Target: One Enemy
    Attack: 0 (-1 Str + 1 Lvl ) v AC
    Hit: 1d8-1
    Miss: 1

Ranged Attack: Hand Crossbow
    At-Will
    Attack: +3 (+2 Dex + 1 Lvl) v AC
    Hit: 1d4+2
    Miss: --

Features:
    • Racial: -1 to a d20 Roll
    • Access to Wizardy
    • Dancing Lights
    • Gather Power

Talents (3):
    • Arcane Heritage - +2 Efreetian Childhood, Charm Person
    • Infernal Heritage - Spell Frenzy
    • Sorcerer's Familiar - (Puck - Talkative*, Flight, Scout)

'Puck' is an ever shifting mass of yellowish-green energy. Due to its chaotic nature, it doesn't keep the same shape, form or abilities. But it retains its highly talkative nature.

Feats (1A):
    • Infernal Heritage - Resist Energy +12 (Fire, Lightning)

Spells:
    Level 1 : Charm Person*, Chaos Bolt, Scorching Ray, Burning Hands

The Road So Far:
    Calling himself 'Mikhail' the Genai word for 'Ash', this young vagabond is currently on the run from his abusive father and mother. Raised in the way of the Efreeti, he was taught to embrace his power through rigorous and forced combat with his father, retainers and vassals. His High Elven mother abusive in her own way, constantly scheming to leverage him both domestically with his Father, and politically with other members of the Elven and Genai courts. While in attendance at the Court of Stars, the Archmage took notice of the boy out of pure curiosity, but this piqued interest caught the attention of The Queen, who immediately sensed the situation the boy found himself in. During a masquerade celebration The Queen sent one of her trusted agents to 'kidnap' the boy from the festivities and smuggle him to the borders of the forest. There he was given sparse, but adequate supplies to make his own way. It has been a few years now since leaving his family, and Mikhail always keeps moving, lest he be caught by the prying eyes of his parents' agents, and drug back to his previous life.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    kolvir_comm_by_yamao-d6uy0t8-320.png

Meet Bragg MacCool, Halfling Fighter.
    STR • 18 (+4)
    CON • 18 (+4)
    DEX • 12 (+1)
    INT • 8 (-1)
    WIS • 8 (-1)
    CHA • 12 (+1)

HP • 36
    AC • 18 (Heavy armor + Shield)
    PD • 15
    MD • 10

Initiative: +2
    Recoveries: 9
    Recovery Die: 1d10+4

Backgrounds (8, max 5):
    Merchant Family Scion 2,
    Tavern Explorer 2,
    Gladiator 4

One Unique Thing:
    Renowned gladiator with a mechanika arm.

Icon Relationships:
    Dragon Emperor +2,
    Dwarf King -1

Melee Attack: Longsword
    At-Will
    Attack: 5 (+4 Str + 1 Lvl ) v AC
    Hit: 1d8+4
    Miss: 1

Ranged Attack: Hand Axe
    At-Will
    Attack: +2 (+1 Dex + 1 Lvl) v AC
    Hit: 1d6+1
    Miss: --

Features:
    Evasive: Encounter; force opponent to reroll an attack that hits -2
    Extra Tough
    Threatening: -Con to opposing disengage checks

Talents (3):
    Cleave
    Skilled Intercept
    Tough as Iron

Feats (1A):
    Strong Recovery

Powers:
    Level 1; Carve an Opening, Defensive Fighting, Grim Intent

Equipment:
    10 gold, Longsword, Shield, Plate Armor, Hand Axes

Bragg, honestly, is kind of a disappointment to his parents. The great MacCool clan has changed a lot since its founding by Fionn MacCool in the beginnings of this age. From warriors to farmers, to vinters, to traders. In fact Bragg, first son of Oiris MacCool, is much closer to his great ancestor, a gladiator of great renown. After trying to maintain his schooling for a couple of years, Bragg finally gave up. Instead,
    he moved to the pastime of any failing merchants son. Professional Tavern Crawler.
    Thanks to Bragg's hereditary hardiness, he made an especially skill tavern crawler, able to outdrink just about anyone, in any tavern, regardless of how long they had been out. He even once outdrank the emissary of the Drawf King once, which led to a brawl, where he discovered an even greater passion, fighting. This grew quickly from back alley scraps and dockside prize fights to an honest Arena career. As his fame grew, the story of his drinking competition with the Dwarven emissary circulated, until the Dwarf King was forced to send a champion to challenge Bragg in the ring. It was during this fight that Bragg lost his sword arm, although he still won the fight, crushing his opponents trachea with his shield.
    Although the Arena healers were able to save his life, they were unable to reattach Bragg's arm, and he was forced to retire. He spent the next couple of years in a slow decline, drinking heavily, slowed only by his ability to hold only one beer at a time. Until one evening, a wizard from the Mithril School of Magic contacted him with an offer. Since having the mechanika arm attached, Bragg has been testing in dockside fights in the seedier areas near the school, and generally making a nuisance of himself in Eldolan.

Brody on

• Options
    I'm not sure if we are rolling for gold, or just taking the value listed, or if its something that is going to matter much.

• Options
    I rolled mine, figuring it likely won't matter too much in the end.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Since the precedent has already been established, please roll you cash on hand.

Edit: Damn you, iPhone!

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Geth roll 1d6

Edit: Post has been updated to include gold, trying to find a good picture...

1d6 1 [1d6=1]

Brody on

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Geth roll 1d6*10 - 20gp!?

1d6*10 20 [1d6=2]

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    I figured, if I rolled poorly, it was plainly due to a bad run of luck at the whist table, whereas if I rolled high, it was due to my exceptional skills at the whist table.

• Options
    Apparently the arm is still calibrating, and I have lost most of my money betting on myself.

• Options
    Geth, roll 6#4d6k3

6#4d6k3 6 # 12 [4d6k3=[6, 4, 2], 1] 16 [4d6k3=[6, 5, 5], 1] 13 [4d6k3=[5, 5, 3], 1] 11 [4d6k3=[6, 3, 2], 1] 9 [4d6k3=[4, 3, 2], 2] 10 [4d6k3=[5, 3, 2], 1]

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Geth, roll 1d6*10 for Starting Gold

Alright, hopefully I've done all of this correctly. I'm assuming we're not going to bother doing an inventory full of equipment? I just added the standard thieves' tools.

Kirst Roudlea, Half-Orc Rogue
    9l6pcngrt9p5.png
    Kirst Roudlea
    Half-Orc Rogue Level 1
    Str 9 (-1)
    Dex 18 (+4)
    Con 12 (+1)
    Int 11 (0)
    Wis 10 (0)
    Cha 17 (+3)

HP: 21
    AC: 14
    PD: 14
    MD: 11

Initiative: +5
    Recovery Die: 1d8+1

Background:
    Hellhole Orcs +2
    Dungeon Rat +2
    Life of the Party +4
    (Bright Lights Mean Dark Shadows +5)

One Unique Thing: The only person to ever escape from the Emperor's dungeons in Axis. Twice.

Icon Relationships:
    The Prince of Shadows: +1
    The Crusader: ~1
    The Emperor: -1

Melee Attack:
    At-Will
    Attack: Dexterity + Level vs. AC (+5)
    Hit: 1d8 + Dexterity damage (+4)
    Miss: Damage equal to your level (1)

Ranged Attack:
    At-Will
    Hit: 1d4 or 1d6 + Dexterity damage (+4)

Racial Powers:
    Lethal: Once per battle, reroll a melee attack and use the result you prefer.

Adventurer Feats:
    Smooth Talk: Add Charisma modifier to Smooth Talk save.

Class Features:
    Sneak Attack +1d4
    Trap Sense: Even failure roll, reroll once; odd trap attack roll, reroll once.

Class Talents:
    Smooth Talk: Once per day, 11+ Save to act as if Icon relationship is +2 for that day. (+4 to Save)
    Swashbuckle: Spend momentum for free stunt once per battle.
    Thievery: Background +5.

Class Powers:
    Flying Blade:
    Ranged Attack
    At-Will
    Special: Must use a small bladed weapon
    Target: One nearby creature
    Hit: 1d4 + Dexterity damage (+4), on even roll if target is engaged, add Sneak Attack damage

Roll With It:
    At-Will (once per round)
    Interrupt action; requires momentum
    Trigger: Melee AC attack hits you
    Effect: Take half damage

Sure Cut:
    Melee Attack
    Special: Must have momentum and Sneak Attack
    Miss: Deal Sneak Attack damage + damage equal to your level (1)

Tumbling Strike:
    Melee Attack
    At-Will
    Always: Gain +5 bonus to all disengage checks. Can also move, attack then use quick action to disengage from enemy (and move again if you succeed).

Inventory: Studded leather armor, skinnin' knife, daggers, light crossbow and bolts, thieves' tools, cards, 50 gp.

Background: Kirst is the sweetest, friendliest half-orc you'll ever meet. She'll smile and show you a great time, buy you drinks, sell you a bridge, report you to the authorities for attempting to illegally purchase a bridge, clean out your room at the inn while you're in jail, then skip town. She spent her early years living with a clan of orcs dangerously close to a Hellhole, which didn't end well. They were known for their ferocity in battle and stubborn survival in such harsh conditions, not their intelligence, after all. Her clan was nearly wiped out, although a timely raid by The Crusader and his forces allowed a few to survive, scattered. Kirst wound up bouncing from town to town, city to city, until she arrived in Axis. Where she was almost immediately imprisoned. Only to somehow escape a few years later.

Unfortunately, as she's not the brightest, she was unable to flee Axis before she was locked up again. Her escape was almost immediate. Learning her lesson, she began pulling her tricks and leaving town before her reputation caught up with her, although small town cells did not hold her for long. She can't risk being captured in Axis again, as she's afraid she won't be able to pull that particular trick a third time.

With the heat on her in Horizon already, she'd most recently fled to Eldolan. Her small time antics have finally caught the attention of the Prince (she already had the ire of the Emperor), who used an intermediary to contact her and offer her the chance at a big score, mostly legit even. Just find some missing big shot...

Starting Gold:
    1d6*10 50 [1d6=5]

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I had a gnome fighter idea but seeing as there's already a fighter in the mix I dun wanna fight over it.

Could maybe make it archery fighter instead...

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Assuming I take a stab at actually fleshing this out tonight, clarification on a few things:

- Core rulebook only?
    - You mentioned using stat arrays from the appendix, how do you feel about this one? (The first question doesn't really supersede this one because all the stat arrays are just presets from the standard 28-point buying schema; this is just one more emergent configuration from the same budget.) Nevermind on this one, it's not the same budget at all haha, it's like 40 points)
    - Permission to insert Inigo into character's past in a passive (but impactful) fashion?

Nullzone on
  • Options
    By all means!