As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West/Prime Challenge Coin 2017 (updated August 16th, 2017 with Coin Order Form)

Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/DeveloperMontreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
edited August 2017 in PAX West
Hello everyone! Nfan10039 here yet again to spread the love of the challenge coin! This year, I have decided that I will not be attending PAX Prime/West this year. However, I will (hopefully) get one of the other challenge coin people to distribute them in person if you don't want them mailed to you.

Anyways, without further ado, I would like to present the PAX West/Prime Challenge Coin 2017 suggestion form. This is located https://goo.gl/forms/VmxQUfEwrEuXHQi02 and I welcome all responses!

UPDATED JUNE 25TH

Hello once again everyone! First off, I want to thank everyone for their suggestions for this year's coin. We are entering the home stretch now! Note: no coin options are included in this version of the voting form, and will be included in the final voting form(the one where the choices are limited to three options for both Seattle and gaming). I want to urge everyone to participate in this vote as this is the vote that narrows the selection down to three in each category. The link to the voting form is located https://goo.gl/forms/wyumcQaDZgGpCfNz2. This form will close on July 15th. Thank you once again for taking time out of your schedules to participate.

UPDATED JULY 16TH

Well it's that time once again ladies and gentlemen. Time to unveil the winners of the first round of voting. In no particular order, we have a Heart made out of video game controllers, Oregon Trail, and the Nintendo Switch taking the top 3 spots in the video game category. As for Seattle, well let's just say that it's looking to be a toss up between old ideas and new ones! We have the Pink Elephant Car Wash, a google map image of a 1-2 block radius around the Convention Centre with a pin labeled "home" in the center, and a tie between the entire state with a PAX X on the city of Seattle and Mt. Rainier, a Salmon, and the Space Needle/ferry boat. So that's it for the first round! However, we still have a few things left to decide before a coin gets made. Just like the previous year, a colour coin will be made in conjunction with a "pure" coin. The voting form should go live tomorrow(July 17th) and will include our top choices and finishes for the coin(s)! I look forward to updating this tomorrow with a link to the new voting form! Have a great rest of your weekend!

Without further delay, I proudly present the final voting form: https://goo.gl/forms/rEYmICTN2c9Oy8Pn1. This form will close on August 1st!

UPDATED AUGUST 6TH

With this update I'd like to say that it's been great having so many responses! The winners for this year are Oregon Trail for the gaming side and a one to two block radius around the convention center. I am in the process of making the coin designs and will post them once the designs are done. Thank you for being patient.

So I know I just updated it like a few hours ago, but the coin design phase is done. You can view the coins below
e8q9f7yfqr79.jpg
30oievexyutg.jpg

UPDATED AUGUST 16TH

Okay people, first off thank you for your patience. I have finally made the order form available for viewing purposes. It is located at https://goo.gl/forms/aHAZ5jzizYSd4MPt1. Prices are a dollar more expensive than last year, but I think inflation is to blame for that. :P Thank you once again for submitting your ideas and for voting this year! I look forward to doing this for all of you again next year!

ajor19ru24j1.png
Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
Nfan10039 on

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Not sure how we would but some kind of card game gaming side would be cool.
    Like MTG, Dominoin, Cards against humanity, Munchkin, etc

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Not sure how we would but some kind of card game gaming side would be cool.
    Like MTG, Dominoin, Cards against humanity, Munchkin, etc

handful of cards, each showing a minor cut of a previous west logo or LE symbol perhaps

• PookyAlertPookyAlert Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be that person, and say let's have Pokémon Go on the gaming side. :wink:

• Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    The one problem with having a handful of cards is that the detail may get lost on something the size of a coin...As for the other side, I'll suggest the Pink Elephant car wash.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • MrBigBMrBigB Registered User new member
    A little off topic, but is there anyway of getting older PAX coins? I missed out on the first one for sure, possibly the second also.

PS, you folks rock for doing these each year.

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    MrBigB wrote: »
    A little off topic, but is there anyway of getting older PAX coins? I missed out on the first one for sure, possibly the second also.

I don't think so. When they get made they are one time runs. Also we have used so many different manufacturers over the years it is probably impossible to track them all down.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    I have one from last year if anyone is interested @MrBigB . Just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted last year's coin...
    Also thank you to everyone who has submitted an idea so far. I'd also like to say that the idea post will remain open until at least after E3, so in case any ideas come off of that event, you can include it as well! :smile:

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    MrBigB wrote: »

The best ways to get one would be to post here and see if people have extras. The first few are really hard to find these days.

The original manufacturer we used went out of business so there is no hope of getting more from them. I think I have a few extras of 12' through 15' (the ones I organized) and I usually hand one or two out at Pax to someone who tracks me down looking for them.

IhtGIyi.png
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Here is my quick and dirty 5 min sketch of Pikachu wearing a Pax scarf.

http://i.imgur.com/P7ab1swl.jpg

IhtGIyi.png
  • Travman93Travman93 Billings, MTRegistered User regular
    My (small) suggestion for the landmark would be CenturyLink Field for the reason that it's home to the Seattle Sounders, who won the first major sports championship for Seattle in a long time. Went from last in the league to winning it all.

As for its ties to gaming, they're sponsored by Xbox and actually had a big presence last year on the con floor. They filmed a ton of promos and even wore GoW 4 jerseys during matches to help promote the game. A ton of the players are big gamers and really talked up the convention on social media.

Maybe not the best suggestion, but one that I thought I might as well throw out there!

• captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So this is new to me, how would one go about getting one of these coins once they are done? They sound quite cool.

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    There's usually a form or site to make the order that's linked to in the thread.

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Awesome!! Challenge coin creation time! :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Does anyone have an extra of last year's coin? Money was super tight for me, so I wasn't able to get one, but it's probably the one I'd like to have the most.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
    Is there a place I can look at pictures of previous years coins?

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Please use the form to make suggestions so the thread doesn't get muddied up? :D

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
    How about Alki Beach?

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    As Bluemeane has stated above, please use the form to input your suggestions.
    Also, the suggestion poll will close on June 24th. Please make sure you get your suggestions in now, as we only have 22 days left until it closes!

Nfan10039 on
    ajor19ru24j1.png
    Care to share what the front runners are? :)

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

Bluemeane wrote: »
    Care to share what the front runners are? :)

Voting hasn't started yet. I'm hoping to start the voting process possibly on Monday.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Voting form is now live! Let me know if any of you have any issues or concerns.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Voted :) Cant' wait to see what wins

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    My vote is in! :P

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    i too, have voted

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
    In today's update, I'd like to provide a vote count. As of this writing, we already have 32 votes! Let's keep it up people!

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Awesome! Can't wait to see who won!

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I'm not sure how one would do this since voting has already started, but it'd be great to have the "or" answers split up into individual options. Also combining the options that are essentially duplicates would be nice as well, although I suppose that's easy enough to do after the fact.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
    Malgaras wrote: »
    I'm not sure how one would do this since voting has already started, but it'd be great to have the "or" answers split up into individual options. Also combining the options that are essentially duplicates would be nice as well, although I suppose that's easy enough to do after the fact.

Thought I did this. Oh well, I can combine the options that are duplicates once voting ends. Not that it really matters right now...It seems like the winners are ahead by quite a margin.

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oooh, i wonder what's winning?

Cant wait to see the design

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    How does one go about getting these coins once it's finalized?

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• MrBigBMrBigB Registered User new member
    anettie76 wrote: »
    How does one go about getting these coins once it's finalized?

The powers that be will post an order form with an option to pay via Pay Pal. Works great

Any updates????? :D

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

• I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Voted.
    What are the Mega Man and Kirby milestones this year?

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Megaman 30-year and Kirby 25-year anniversaries.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
    Today was a bad work day. As such, the form won't be going live today. Sorry for the delay

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Can't say I'm a fan of any of the "top 3" for the gaming side :(
    Oh well.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Can't say I'm a fan of any of the "top 3" for the gaming side :(
    Oh well.

I'm sorry to disappoint you S2000Gan and SutibunRi. Unfortunately, the people have spoken, and there's very little I can do to make all of you happy. If I change the gaming side options, there will inevitably be some people that are unhappy with the choices.

I've also posted the form in the original post, so go vote on that! It will close on August 1st!

ajor19ru24j1.png
  • BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    Is there any significance or milestones behind Oregon Trail this year besides retro games becoming popular again and Washington's proximity to Oregon?

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Awesome, just voted! Looking forward to seeing what wins!