As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell me Laoshi, What is the Meaning of [Chat]?

1939495969799»

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    @Podly this Al Naafiysh song is pretty hot

thank, 1983!

I swear I've heard it before but I'm not sure if it was heavily sampled or in a videogame or what.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    all actions are inherently political, but your reasons for doing them may not be

This is an excellent way to put it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I did..
    double chalupa - thumbs up
    fruit loop shake - thumbs down
    naked chicken chips - thumbs down
    georgia gold chicken - thumbs up
    mac and cheetos - thumbs up
    cheeto chicken fries or whatever they were called - thumbs down
    taco bell taquitos - thumbs down
    that other taco bell thing from before the taquitos - thumbs up
    mountain Dewback.S.A. - thumbs down (and revoking licensing agreement)
    mountain dew spiked lemonade - eh. its okay

plus a million other things
    my body is falling apart now.
    ....I'm gunnu be honest. I did all of those except one. Your rating system seams solid.

in another lifetime i could have been a fast food youtube star.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the double chalupa seemed to just be a regular chalupa in a slightly larger boat

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    all actions are equally unethical under capitalism

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    There's a dude I know who is a huge fan of Laci Green and he keeps defending her despite her recent turn to The Dark Side and uhhhh at a certain point

I am beginning to suspect the only reason he likes Laci Green, and the only reason he has ever liked her, is because he thinks she's hot

Every time Laci Green stuff shows up in my social media I basically backwardsoctopusnopenopenopenope.gif out.

like i always thought she was kind of a well-meaning idiot?

i kind of ignored her previously, i didn't really think of her as harmful per se just sort of some rando dumb person who meant well that dorkuses flocked on because CUTE GIRL SAYING SEX POSITIVE THINGS :)

but now she's literally "redpilled" herself and i'm like ugh go away Laci Green but some of the dudes circling her still want to defend her and i'm like oh guys, c'mon now

c'mon

Yeah pretty much.

On top of that, the argument is muddied (in some cases, deliberately so by trolls) between

A) Is it okay to fuck an MRA?
    B) Is it okay to have sympathy with MRAs?
    C) Is it okay to espouse MRA talking points?

and on point A there's legitimate disagreement between feminists who believe that your sexual choices are political vs feminists who believe that sexual choices are none-ya-business.

and of course the "sexual choices are political" feminists are held up by antifeminists with sentiments like "so much for the tolerant left!"

I mean, at some point I feel like the question is less "is it okay to fuck MRA types when you're hyper-feminist" which is kind of a weird question, and more "why would you want to?"

Like, how did this relationship happen in the first place? I can't imagine dating someone whose beliefs are so antithetical to my own, especially when they're publicly so.
    And why would you want to have sex with anyone who is so against child support that they have active schemes and plans to get out of supporting their hypothetical child?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Not just anti to your own views, but like anti to you being a person who gets to make their own choices in life. This is like a black person dating someone who thinks we should bring back slavery.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Quesalupa.

Or, in english:

Female cheese magnifying glass

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    The Doritos locos taco was legit

Honestly they've ruined regular crunchy tacos for me. They feel so flavorless and boring.

Doritos Locos Tacos 4 lyfe

well not anymore because I have diabetes now, but...

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    all actions are equally unethical under capitalism

equally unethical? hardly

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    My jam is double decker tacos still. Supreme. 'Hot' Hot sauce. Mmmm.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    the double chalupa seemed to just be a regular chalupa in a slightly larger boat

i got the $5 box (which is a great deal. dont but the $3.50 dollar chalupa by itself)
    the thing is pretty damn big
    and now i know why its called the..
    meat boat.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    BSoB wrote: »
    I find the argument that a dicking literally brainwashes women uncompelling

I think it's more likely her opinion was probably shifting for a long time and the first time she publicly made a peep in that direction, she was already well on the dark side

It's also possible he just convinced her she'd get more views if she flipped.

Yeah I already raised that possibility, she had some deal going with MTV, I assume that expired?

If she wasn't ardent in her beliefs to begin with, right now the money to be had is in telling the alt right they're persecuted

It's really not, she's lost a third of her subscribers, which is one of the metrics YouTube uses to decide how they pay people.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Not sure about it, but I do know that the Quesalupa has the Charles Xavier seal of approval.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    did you ever notice,

did you ever notice how poppers dance like this

but lockers dance like this

I can't tell if the identical formatting is a joke about not knowing the difference or...

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I've only just today started going through all the shit I can't really eat anymore and it's a pretty depressing list.

It includes my two favorite restaurants in Chicago, for one thing.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I guess I have pent-up opinions about the Laci Green bullshit

She's a sex educator from UC Berkeley so her stuff and stuff about her stuff and stuff about the stuff about her stuff comes up on my social media a lot and the whole thing just makes me roll my eyes.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    My jam is double decker tacos still. Supreme. 'Hot' Hot sauce. Mmmm.

double decker is the only logical way to eat a crunchy taco anyway

like otherwise the shell breaks into a million pieces

you need to flour tortilla with bean glue to hold it together

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    oehbuan3dg54.png

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through space at warp 5.3

@Aioua will create the new thread
    @21stCentury is backup

This discussion has been closed.