As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Stormblood] The solution to the MSQ block was so simple. Delete Balmung

19495969798100»

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    It's okay to take a break either from the game or msq if you're burned out. You'll catch up soon enough to whatever "current content" is. I love this game but I can only do so much questing a day before I get twitchy.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Back on the subject of Job stories, is anyone else here a Black Mage? Because I went and did the level 60 Stormblood quest for BLM, and that trial is fantastic; on par with what I'd expect of an expansion-ending trial. The 60-70 BLM story wastes no time, basically.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh god.

I spent a good 6 hours at least getting re-rolls for WT.

Got one that looked p strong. 33% for the double. I figure alright I wasted enough time already. There's 2 spots that have no way to help. Everything else is beneficial in someway. Put sticker 8... of course it's one of the two. Now there's just one good spot... I'm afraid to use the sticker. WHHYYYYYY RNGESUS, WHYYYY??

So many hours... down the drain... why did I even bother haha.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Enlong wrote: »
    Back on the subject of Job stories, is anyone else here a Black Mage? Because I went and did the level 60 Stormblood quest for BLM, and that trial is fantastic; on par with what I'd expect of an expansion-ending trial. The 60-70 BLM story wastes no time, basically.
    They've done a nice job of improving the single player instanced boss fights over time and its really showing in SB.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I was never a fan of the White Mage class story. Helping some ancient tree felt awfully druidic. But White Mages aren't druids. But they're trying really hard to make them seem that way. Also, it was super lame and boring.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I actually enjoy the different interpretations of the classes and how XIV actually makes a story out of them. Fills em out in a way most FFs don't.

Warrior was originally looked at just the straightforward soldier/well rounded hero class with a sword but here they're a badass barbarian themed berserker with an axe.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I actually enjoy the different interpretations of the classes and how XIV actually makes a story out of them. Fills em out in a way most FFs don't.

Warrior was originally looked at just the straightforward soldier/well rounded hero class with a sword but here they're a badass barbarian themed berserker with an axe.

On the flip side, many job-based FF's have had an actual Berserker job, so there's that. :)

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I was never a fan of the White Mage class story. Helping some ancient tree felt awfully druidic. But White Mages aren't druids. But they're trying really hard to make them seem that way. Also, it was super lame and boring.

I mean, it's a made up thing it can be whatever they want and that's what they are in this!

edit: especially since they have offensive magic in this too and so it makes sense to have that be included in the lore.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    AST feels like they also got abit of Time Mage DNA in there too.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    White Mages grow out of Conjurer in this game. And since Conjurer uses physical elements (earth, water, wind), a druidy feel works fine for WHM, as far as I'm concerned.

(BTW, there's a new thread; this one will likely be locked soon)

This discussion has been closed.