As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Images not allowed in signatures?

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
Is this a new policy being put into place?

l0bau2vr5vfk.png

wVEsyIc.png

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Nope. Sounds like a bug.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Looks like it's related to something else. I've taken note.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Tinkles detected banned alias
    Reason: bred147

Man is a robot with defects.
    rockford258

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I have this same problem on my account as well. I had an image before plus text below it. I was informed that the text made the sig too tall so I edited the text out but when I saved just the image I got the exact same "images not allowed" message. That message persists as like a warning at the top of the signature editor in plain text. I can get a screenshot later if that helps.

Just thought knowing another account that has the bug would be helpful.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Perhaps it might be related, but I also cannot change my forum picture.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm having the same problem. I went to delete a bunch of the text in my sig and change one of the URLs, but I can't save the changes because it's saying my image isn't allowed.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    There's a ticket open.

• Options
    AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    Just commenting to be updated when this is resolved. I also can't update my signature because there is an image in it.

vhkbviT.png
  • Options
    You can just bookmark the thread

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Mine is fixed now, FWIW.

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    It was fixed for a bit, but it's back again :(

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    Anyone else?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I checked and it looks like they're disallowed for me, yeah.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I just came here to complain about this, but I guess this has been a probelm for a while. That sucks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'm having the same problem, I had to switch my sig over to imgur and it is giving me this error, tried it on both a PC and phone.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Same problem, switched over from photobucket to imgur and no dice, images not allowed. The only thing I can think of is I put text in my signature for a few days just as a placeholder.

• Options
    Try now?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Works now with no problems, signature returns to being super classy. Thanks!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Works for me as well.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing it isn't a bug, the error message I get that says signatures are only allowed 3 images?

I tried to update my current sig because photobucket decided to be the geesiest of geese, I have little icons next to my gamer tags; but I can't replace them with new links because of the limit, that I must have made my sig prior to being implemented?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand