As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Advertising [Chat]

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    At a party and someone asked me what I was studying and I told them I was 30

They just think you look like a smarty graduate student.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    milski wrote: »
    Instead of cultural appropriation let's brag about things we've done that are cool, like realizing somebody who is 120 lbs is really easy to lift up.

@milski I need more details here :winky:

EDIT: NM it was as I suspected

So It Goes on
  • NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Finally paid the last month of rent at this place. Thankfully the new apartment in Texas will be over a hundred dollars cheaper a month.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I played some PUBG tonight, just 3 rounds to get familiar with the game. Came in random places between 50th and 7th, mostly due to good initial placement and hiding. Had a match where I got 3 kills and rode a motorcycle. I love that most of the game is hiding in silent houses and listening to distant bombs and gunfire. I find it has a calming effect on me.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Finally paid the last month of rent at this place. Thankfully the new apartment in Texas will be over a hundred dollars cheaper a month.

Hmmm, this doesn't add up.

edited July 2017

I'm going to grad school at Texas A&M in August. Which I'm looking forward to.

Also there's Fiesta, a combination Latin grocery, department store, flea market, and taqueria.

NSDFRand on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

o.o

O.O

*wiggles*

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

Now it Really doesn't add up. I mean... thankful to be an aggie?

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    This is kind of amusing

Classic music majors listening to kpop

they get so nerdily excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HEeom7F2IQ

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    (btw, congrats on the grad school! i'm just being a silly goose)

I wouldn't consider myself one and I don't plan on getting a ring.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Instead of cultural appropriation let's brag about things we've done that are cool, like realizing somebody who is 120 lbs is really easy to lift up.

@milski I need more details here :winky:

EDIT: NM it was as I suspected

@So It Goes

:winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky: :winky:

I ate an engineer
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I don't think I should go to the ER tonight but I'm gonna be up for a bit so ... worst case I'll grab an uber.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    I played some PUBG tonight, just 3 rounds to get familiar with the game. Came in random places between 50th and 7th, mostly due to good initial placement and hiding. Had a match where I got 3 kills and rode a motorcycle. I love that most of the game is hiding in silent houses and listening to distant bombs and gunfire. I find it has a calming effect on me.

yeah solo games gimme that feeling a bit too

it's a lot different when you queue with buds but even more fun imo

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited July 2017
    (btw, congrats on the grad school! i'm just being a silly goose)

Thanks. It's the program that I'm excited for, I don't really hold any kind of special reverence for Texas A&M over another school. My other choice was actually Denver (and then where I'm at as a backup).

NSDFRand on
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

They have a grad student wildcat and everything now tho!

I ate an engineer
    I don't think I should go to the ER tonight but I'm gonna be up for a bit so ... worst case I'll grab an uber.

What's up

They have a grad student wildcat and everything now tho!

I just looked up what that is. I'm not sure what I would have thought of it had I seen it without knowing beforehand.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I hate the prevalence of speakerphone so much. Like if they have an accent its like double impossible to understand the person I am talking with

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

I repeated bad advice to @Hahnsoo1, which got us killed; I shall diminish and go into the west

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Cass has cancer.

But it's okay. She's Canadian.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

What's up

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/37855810/#Comment_37855810

Kana wrote: »
    This is kind of amusing

Classic music majors listening to kpop

they get so nerdily excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HEeom7F2IQ

I like the impassive bearded dude who doesn't say anything for a while, and then says simply: "It's lit."

edited July 2017

What's up

Ugh sucky. Yeah you should probably go at least tomorrow AM :(

So It Goes on

What's up

Ugh sucky. Yeah you should probably go at least tomorrow AM :(

Yeah the plan is to hopefully last until the walk in opens, but if I can't wait, go to ER

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    HA currently has some top level bizarre spam nonsense in an already amusing thread

edited July 2017
    I just read the plot to Transformers The Last Knight

good god Bay even for you that's awful

bloodyroarxx on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »

I repeated bad advice to @Hahnsoo1, which got us killed; I shall diminish and go into the west

being bad can be fun too

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    HA currently has some top level bizarre spam nonsense in an already amusing thread
    Now I know to wash my hands before doing penis exercises.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    going by the title I assume the latest Transformers movie is a bodice ripper

fls9FiN.jpg

nuuuuuuuh im charging all my shit so i can go to the er

i just really don't want to, i have so much work to do at all times and its gonna mad fuck my schedule to stay up all night in the er and then sleep all day

NUHHHHH

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    this was the recurring theme of my tabletop RPG session tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

that session owned btw

the campaign we're in is one of the highlights of my week

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I just read the plot to Transformers The Last Knight

good god Bay even for you that's awful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72BRt-SbGwg

Im 5 mins into that video and I know this is exactly how I felt reading that plot summary.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    that session owned btw

the campaign we're in is one of the highlights of my week

Literally had you guys gasp audibly in shock in unison multiple times

It was delightful

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmmm these cold sesame noodles tho

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    since I pooped myself to hospitalization I TAKE THOSE THINGS SERIOUSLY
    you should too especially if you're predisposed to it

Organichu wrote: »
    Hmmm these cold sesame noodles tho

Sounds unpleasant

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I have many photos of @arch singing smash mouth on stage

This discussion has been closed.