As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Advertising [Chat]

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    There is nothing worse than getting Janet Jackson'd on the job.

What when you have a nip slip in front of everyone?

Ironically it wasn't even a nip slip. lol

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    One female entrepreneur recounted how she had been propositioned by a Silicon Valley venture capitalist while seeking a job with him, which she did not land after rebuffing him. Another showed the increasingly suggestive messages she had received from a start-up investor. And one chief executive described how she had faced numerous sexist comments from an investor while raising money for her online community website.

What happened afterward was often just as disturbing, the women told The New York Times. Many times, the investors’ firms and colleagues ignored or played down what had happened when the situations were brought to their attention. Saying anything, the women were warned, might lead to ostracism.

Now some of these female entrepreneurs have decided to take that risk. More than two dozen women in the technology start-up industry spoke to The Times in recent days about being sexually harassed. Ten of them named the investors involved

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/technology/women-entrepreneurs-speak-out-sexual-harassment.html

I'm working up to reading that article, I know it's going to make me so mad
    It will make you a medium amount of mad. But only because it is well written.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    (His dick was whipped out)

VRXwDW7.png
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    (His dick was whipped out)
    Moose knuckle? Just the tip? a little neck? Cock and balls?

How much dick was whipped out?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Does 'Janet Jackson'd' refer to 'shamed and blackballed due to circumstances beyond your control leading to a situation that nobody should have given a shit about in the first place'?

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I said I would clean my husband's apartment while he was at work today as a birthday present

instead I've gone to have a coffee and a brioche and then to H&M to buy a shirt with skulls and fronds on it

I don't think I can put this off any longer ;_;

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Non-N64 90s cartoony 3D platformers frighten and confuse me

You just can't handle 90s subversive attitude and all the renegade mascots.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Non-N64 90s cartoony 3D platformers frighten and confuse me

You just can't handle 90s subversive attitude and all the renegade mascots.

What could paws-ibly go wrong?

credeiki wrote: »
    I said I would clean my husband's apartment while he was at work today as a birthday present

instead I've gone to have a coffee and a brioche and then to H&M to buy a shirt with skulls and fronds on it

I don't think I can put this off any longer ;_;
    For 200 bucks you can get an Amigo to do it for you.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    One female entrepreneur recounted how she had been propositioned by a Silicon Valley venture capitalist while seeking a job with him, which she did not land after rebuffing him. Another showed the increasingly suggestive messages she had received from a start-up investor. And one chief executive described how she had faced numerous sexist comments from an investor while raising money for her online community website.

What happened afterward was often just as disturbing, the women told The New York Times. Many times, the investors’ firms and colleagues ignored or played down what had happened when the situations were brought to their attention. Saying anything, the women were warned, might lead to ostracism.

Now some of these female entrepreneurs have decided to take that risk. More than two dozen women in the technology start-up industry spoke to The Times in recent days about being sexually harassed. Ten of them named the investors involved

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/technology/women-entrepreneurs-speak-out-sexual-harassment.html

Is this about the Binary Capital jackoff? (haven't clicked link yet..)

I just got a fedex box for.

<first name> 'Stargate' <last name>

How did he know I liked Stargate?

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Who doesn't like Stargate?

Fair enough Stargate SG1 was my favorite show for a long time.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Recently an interesting similarity between EOQ of Melon picking and fuel injection in Gasoline Direction Injection has been proposed.[10]

I'm like 98% sure somebody just shoved their thesis paper into a wikipedia article just to show off. That single line is given its own chapter heading.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

kinda

it names some names and demonstrates that this kind of predatory behavior seems to be fairly widespread in s.v.

there's no reason why there should be such a disparity in tech entrepreneurship along gender lines, and hopefully exposing these behaviors to light helps unravel the boys club a bit

What did you think of Atlantis and Universe? No one sees to like Universe. It had a rocky start, but I eventually came around - then it got cancelled.

Apparently the whole industry is a dumpster fire.

• porpporp Registered User regular
    @Element Brian I assume you devoted your whole weekend to finding out the rest of that Morman Mystery! Don't let me down (again).

What did you think of Atlantis and Universe? No one sees to like Universe. It had a rocky start, but I eventually came around - then it got cancelled.
    Atlantis was decent, but just didn't quite have the magic. I saw a couple episodes of Universe and wasn't drawn in.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    why does this man own something like 11+ pairs of work pants

what the hell where do all these clothes even come from

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Hmm, I'm getting tired and bored in this cafe

Second breakfast??

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Brian is undercover Mormon right now, he stopped eating sugar and smoking.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

don't pants shame

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

Frequently, gifts

Like, are those including trousers part of a suit?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.

Atlantis was decent, but just didn't quite have the magic. I saw a couple episodes of Universe and wasn't drawn in.

When SG-1 was fading in the later years I actually liked Atlantis more. But yeah, SG-1 in its prime is fucking awesome.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

it is one of Roland Emmerich's better movies

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    Recently an interesting similarity between EOQ of Melon picking and fuel injection in Gasoline Direction Injection has been proposed.[10]

I'm like 98% sure somebody just shoved their thesis paper into a wikipedia article just to show off. That single line is given its own chapter heading.

This is surprisingly common in niche wikipedia articles

it is one of Roland Emmerich's better movies

They were supposed to do a reboot recently, until it fell apart. They can't seem to get that franchise going again since the shows ended.

I have like 8 pairs of work pants?

when I graduated college my parents bought me a suit and a bunch of dress shirts/slacks as a graduation gift

which was super nice and practical and yes also v bougie but w/e

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    good... mornfternoon everyone

I played D&D until like, 12:30ish yesterday?

I'm DMing and also playing in the game, the party was driven off by a beholder and I did random rolls to determine target of rays and which type of ray (cant use the same one twice per round)

my character comes up on the die twice in a row as we're fleeing, first ray I resisted (sleep)
    sorceress says "I shout back, you alright up there?", as my character is right behind on a flying broom
    I say "you hear her shout "yeah I'm", and then see a green ray lance past you, behind you a pile of magical items, a broom, and a cloud of dust falls to the ground"

It's sure a good thing my character used a wish to create an exact copy of herself to run the inn (I figured that's the kind of psychological nightmare a halfling with 8 wisdom would use a wish for). The copy insists she's the real one and the one that died was the copy - this wasn't a post death DM asspull either, this happened in last weekend's session

The party had a lot of delightful dialogue about this, including an argument as to whether the copy was entitled to the equipment of their fallen comrade, she wasn't there when this stuff was earned. She's also 2 levels lower. In the end they decided to get revenge for their friend, came up with a huge plan of attack, rolled out every magic item they've gotten and figured this out: Animate dead a small army of zombies to keep it busy while we get in position, rush it use up 2 scrolls of fireball and 2 casts, throw both lightning javelins and empty both wands of missiles

Still ended up with 2 people getting downed (nobody disintegrated), but the zombies idea was a fantastic one because zombies are immune to half of a beholder's rays, so a level 5 to 7 party killed a CR13 creature

I am pleased - the party was actually upset that my character was obliterated, they spent a bunch of time trying to figure out how to bring the real one back to life but finding out that the expense is beyond our means (laying out a potential higher level party quest). It's going great!

override367 on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    "So awesome to be mormon, you know not enjoying things in life, say fellow mormon if you were going to stop talking to your husband after he drunk drove murdered someone in africa... Why would you do that?"

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Is discovery any good?

We have the CBS all access.

porp wrote: »
    @Element Brian I assume you devoted your whole weekend to finding out the rest of that Morman Mystery! Don't let me down (again).

*pictures Brian in a Mormon Scooby Doo club* *wonders what character Brian is*

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

when I graduated college my parents bought me a suit and a bunch of dress shirts/slacks as a graduation gift

Fwiw, its an equally common gift from blue collar parents to their white collar kids

I'd take umbrage with calling that bougie versus, like, getting your kid into sailing or something

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
    Is discovery any good?

We have the CBS all access.

I don't think it's launched yet.

Are those Dockers?

Welllllll, first up against the wall with you

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hello friends

i have acquired this thanks to holiday sales

1c1775iztopw.png

USA USA USA

Allegedly a voice of reason.

Fwiw, its an equally common gift from blue collar parents to their white collar kids

I'd take umbrage with calling that bougie versus, like, getting your kid into sailing or something

I mean it was like $1000 of clothes but yeah idk

• porpporp Registered User regular

Hahahha. @Sir Landshark Sailing. You don't know anyone like that.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You know that restaurant on the first episode of Chef's Table Season 1? Thanks to @Casual Eddy 's husband, we have a reservation there.

This discussion has been closed.