As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Advertising [Chat]

19495969798100»

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »
    My self-summary: Ambitious girl. Independent queen working for her thrown.

My self-summary: I'm a nice girl. So no fuckboys, please.

Another day in the OKC mines

You should respond with a one word message:

Throne*

Thrawn*

yeeah get it girl

grand-admiral-thrawn.JPG

Kid Presentable on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I'm just in search of the Thrawn who will plot his way into my heart

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    What does chat think of this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017PCICCS/

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Kid P there's an article on Waypoint that is continuing in the theme of "the Anglosphere can't handle the idea of database/grand non-narratives" and I am screaming but not really since I've got a chapter of my PhD to edit before the end of the week and there's only so much time I can spend on things that are ancillary to my thesis

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

Seems fine

are YOU on the beer list?
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    questions I have about Hollow Knight so far:
    - who is this old man grub and why are all his grub-children trapped in ornate glass jars, who did this to them and why is the old grub such a (to quote forum luminary P10) ""grubslut""
    - why is my hitbox the absolute goddamn worst, I tried to go through that hallway of slamming pillars three times before I could get the timing right, that's lame
    - I'm not a big fan of the game punishing me for dying by making it harder for me to recover my shit since I can't store as much Soul

I'm getting the feeling that this game is basically a 2D Dark Souls and I hate Souls games

The game does draw a lot of inspiration from Dark Souls

If you want to mitigate the death mechanics,
    then buy a Simple Key, head to the far right end of Dirtmouth, and unlock the locked door

There's a dude inside who will summon your current shade in exchange for a rancid egg

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    If I get next chat in honor of 4th of July it's going to be about the Kentucky longrifle.

Already got the video queued up.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    NJ: Your grandpa is a terrorist
    All I can find is Beachgate Beachgate Beachgate. Where is the story?

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That is certainly a beard trimmer.

I'm always worried clicking unmarked Amazon links though.

Never know when it's a 50 gallon barrel of lube and an economy pack of butt plugs

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    My next chat will be unironic Soviet Union appreciation chat

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Man, I need to join a gym again

There's a new one opening near me soon and I'm debating whether to wait for that in case of sweet early membership deals, or to just join another cheap one

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    hmm in Tyranny I visited a city where I used to be the governor and I was forced to kill the troops I left there. Ehhhhh....I think I'll reload and just not go there for now. Not an ideal situation.

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    if I get chat AH can take it

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    bowen wrote: »
    if I get chat AH can take it

denzelintrainingday.jpg

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    If I get chat give it to anyone but simonwolf he needs to work on his thesis

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    credeiki wrote: »
    hmm in Tyranny I visited a city where I used to be the governor and I was forced to kill the troops I left there. Ehhhhh....I think I'll reload and just not go there for now. Not an ideal situation.

bash the fash

bash the fash

This is not a good philosophy to take into Tyranny

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Crusader Kings Update

The year is 1222. For reasons I don't fully understand, a man named Ribald the Blessed sits on the Imperial Throne of Brittany, ruling over the Kingdoms of Brittany, France, England, Germany, and Frisia. It's an absolute clusterfuck, as shown in the map below:
    j6kB8e9.jpg?1

That color is not optimal

It must be cleansed

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Antifa the group is not great.

bash the fash

It's becoming increasingly unclear who precisely the fash is in this game
    well I mean it's not not me but on the other hand I'm doing some stuff that's not quite in line with what a loyal servant of the Overlord would be doing...

Burnage wrote: »

bash the fash

bashing the fash is the best philosophy

perhaps it is Tyranny which is the not good

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I have all 10 fingers intact! Fuck yeah fireworks!

Also I'm pretty sure I'm deaf now.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    okay i'm confused. what's antifa? is it a response to the Trump alt right or are they bad too?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    in tonight's D&D game (level 20 characters in a one-shot campaign) in the last round, at the final turn, the DM says "the boss is down to four hitpoints, how do you want to finish this"

and I said "well, my unicorn has been holding its turn"

and I started playing this song on my phone
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7fuPHnNyE

and I said "my bard begins singing this song, as the unicorn surges forth to make the world a safe place for everyone, and then he uses dancing lights to make a ballet of dancing people made of light in the air"

and thus ended the world destroying threat with a magical forest creature, presumably teleporting off in a surge of rainbow afterwards

override367 on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    okay i'm confused. what's antifa? is it a response to the Trump alt right or are they bad too?

They're bad, too. A different kind of bad.

bash the fash

It's becoming increasingly unclear who precisely the fash is in this game
    well I mean it's not not me but on the other hand I'm doing some stuff that's not quite in line with what a loyal servant of the Overlord would be doing...
    Or are you?
    Not joking, it's kind of left ambiguous as to what extent even a massively rebellious Fatebinder is still actually doing what Kyros wants.

Burnage wrote: »

bash the fash

bashing the fash is the best philosophy

perhaps it is Tyranny which is the not good

Tyranny is fantastic

I'm going to seize power by force

one of my companions won't tell me her backstory cause she hates me too much, which is something I've never really encountered in normal play of this sort of game

• KanaKana Registered User regular

antifa is anti-fascist, so theoretically they're against the far right

But frequently they're more just your garden variety anarchist assholes that want to start violence for violence's sake

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 2.2

@knitdan will create the new thread
    @STATE OF THE ART ROBOT is backup

This discussion has been closed.