As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No NERF? So how about... LASERS?!

nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
edited December 2007 in PAX Archive
So NERF has long been abandoned at the PAX event because... well because shooting NERF weapons in crowds of people who might not want to be hit by projectiles is just kinda rude... and I think there was some concern over injury or something.

So what about Laser Tag type gear? Do they even make that stuff anymore? I used to have some back in the 80's but it was pretty junky... and I know you can go to "Fun Zone" places to play it nowadays... but do they make any quality take-home Laser Tag gear anymore?

We'd want to get some official blessing that it was ok with the organizers because there are some conerns, mainly:
1. Playing with guns... even fake guns... might result in being shot by the police.
2. People might get carried away in shootouts and become unruley and annoying to those around them (diving into people to avoid shots, etc)

But if it was decided that we had the green light. Then all we'd have to do is organize online to make sure we're all buying the same set of gear and it was compatible with multiple players then at PAX we could hunt the ultimate predator: gamers.

Thoughts?

nearlysober on

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    In the actual convention center it would be a bad idea having people running around with plastic guns and gear. Someone is gonna run into someone and smash their head with something plastic and that shit can leave a pretty bad bump. Not to mention pretty much everyone that isn't playing will probably go into a panic when they see someone raise a gun-like object and point it a group of people.

If we had an area of PAX that was built for laser tag then the only issue is the same as a mosh pit having people getting injuries. Of course if there is a laser tag center nearby we could say rent the place out to PAX attendees for a day and have our PAX badges be a free all you can play coupon. Hell Sunday after PAX closes would be a perfect time to have massive laser tag war.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    carrying anything that looks like a gun in downtown seattle probably isnt the best idea.

Also hasnt this been shot down before?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    carrying anything that looks like a gun in downtown seattle probably isnt the best idea.

Also hasnt this been shot down before?

If not, let's do so now. If it shoots, don't bring it.
    If you really want to shoot things, go to PC Freeplay.

b0wser on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    and if you want to get shot, go to whitecenter.

:P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    A buddy of mine rounded a corner at a local lasertag spot as someone else was rounding the same corner with their gun raised. He had to get a few stitches above his eye. :P

Roudyness + lots of people + hard plastic/metal objects don't mix.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, being that this is something I can assuredly say will not happen at PAX. I'm going to lock this thread now.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.