As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Extra space?

bowenbowen How you doin'?Registered User regular
I'm noticing short comments are now having a ton of blank space after the fact, it's happening everywhere for me.

Not sure if it's a bug or feature/style change.

How it looks now:

WKjm7gL.png

How it looked before (photoshop magic):

TOSwRKU.png

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah I noticed this in a couple posts and actually thought it was you doing it accidentally and then there were a bunch of extra lines on my next post. Nothing shows up when you quote the post either.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    It kinda looks like post length is being expanded to the length of the avatar/location:
    8t3uldg5rbsr.png

Looking at some other examples of this, none of the content from the column to the left of posts extends beyond the horizontal bar in the main post area.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    there were people without any text it was still putting a massive amount of space for

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ok yeah just tested it and the line between the sig area and the post text area is getting justified to the bottom of the title and location text if the post body isn't long enough to push the bottom past those, and if those fields are empty it's justified to the bottom of the user badge/avatar/online light bar thing if the post body isn't long enough. Previously it was justified to the bottom of the actual post body text, I think?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    .Message has the so called "clearfix" applied to it, which has "clear: both" in it

offhand I think it would prevent floats from falling out of the message div, but it also seems to be causing this as well. I don't have any problem with it personally, but it does add a bit of whitespace. I'm also not sure if it's really necessary since we only get bbcode here, and there probably isn't a way for us to cause a float in the message body

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It's really fun when you look at your own posts on the Profile page. The top/most recent one has whitespace inserted sufficient to move the link at the bottom, and all others, below the sidebar - which happens to be most of a screen. (My screen, anyway.)

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    This issue is filed with the devs.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    looks fixed, in fact

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    looks fixed, in fact

Thank you for making this post only one line so I didn't have to look anywhere else to confirm.

• Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    It's really fun when you look at your own posts on the Profile page. The top/most recent one has whitespace inserted sufficient to move the link at the bottom, and all others, below the sidebar - which happens to be most of a screen. (My screen, anyway.)
    This persists, however.
    I think it predates the now-fixed issue though.

• Options
    This persists, however.
    I think it predates the now-fixed issue though.

Actually, on my screen, it is now fixed.
    So I guess that was a pre-existing issue for you?

• Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Hum, I might be talking about something else? And yeah, fairly sure it was pre-existing, but seems related?
    5WmiecQ.png

But if it was broken here as well, I missed it:
    A2uUn8a.png

• Options
    Yeah, what was happening for me is that there'd be the regular text of the first message, and then a big blank space between that and the blue line at the bottom. ("in Extra space? Comment by" etc)
    That blank space was exactly enough to put the blue links below the bottom edge of the About sidebar box. All posts below that displayed normally, it was just the first that got padded / stretched down to the end of the sidebar.