As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oregan Prohibits Probationists from Renting?

Daemon_AconisDaemon_Aconis Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
For a long time, my friend has been hoodwinked by a friend of his. She finally left California (Thank God) after bilking my friend out of a great deal of money. He's stupid, what can I say.

Now she's saying she needs to move back to California, because supposedly Oregon state law doesn't allow individuals on probation to rent residential proberty. She is of course begging for money from my friend, as she supposedly spent all her money on first/last month rent, which will not be returned to her. Right.

Does anyone know where I could point my friend to show he's being jerked around. Again.

unitedstatesofcommunismvy1.gif
Daemon_Aconis on

• Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Absolute bullshit.

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/137.html -- go to 137.540. The only restrictions on residence are "you must stay in Oregon", "you must notify us before you move", and "if you're a sex offender, you can't live near your victim".

Edit: Specific landlords can and will refuse to rent to you, but they wouldn't have taken first/last month's rent in that case.

Also, the poster below me speaks truth.

Fats on
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    For a long time, my friend has been hoodwinked by a friend of his. She finally left California (Thank God) after bilking my friend out of a great deal of money. He's stupid, what can I say.

Now she's saying she needs to move back to California, because supposedly Oregon state law doesn't allow individuals on probation to rent residential proberty. She is of course begging for money from my friend, as she supposedly spent all her money on first/last month rent, which will not be returned to her. Right.

Does anyone know where I could point my friend to show he's being jerked around. Again.

Doesn't matter, there is a great thing about beggers.

You can ignore them.

This women sounds dumb, so treat her like the idiot she is by letting her suffer the consequences of her actions.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    Daemon_AconisDaemon_Aconis Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Comahawk wrote:

Doesn't matter, there is a great thing about beggers.

You can ignore them.

This women sounds dumb, so treat her like the idiot she is by letting her suffer the consequences of her actions.

Would if it was me. Unfortunately, this honestly is my friend, and he's about as naive as they come. From "I have a $50,000 bounty because i'm living in California without a California license" to "Oh, he's not a drug dealer, you see, he got arrested, and it's cheaper for them to pay him not to deal drugs than to keep him in jail." He's believed them both.

Fats:

Thank you muchly, I was looking for exactly something of that sort.

Daemon_Aconis on
    unitedstatesofcommunismvy1.gif