As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - This Could Be Big

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - This Could Be Big

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    FunkyJazzMonkeyFunkyJazzMonkey Registered User new member
    HA! Serious growth potential.

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    I always wondered exactly what Gabe's plan here was. Did he just lure these people in so he could make a dick joke, or did he have an actual business idea centered around his dick?

• Options
    LeptonLepton Registered User regular
    A classic!

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    It sucks that a lot of the older comics don't have a news post tied to them due, I think, to a hard drive crash. I really would have liked to know what inspired them to make this one.

Wang. Heh.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It sucks that a lot of the older comics don't have a news post tied to them due, I think, to a hard drive crash. I really would have liked to know what inspired them to make this one.

Wang. Heh.
    A lot of the earlier news posts don't exist because Tycho just overwrote the old one with the new one whenever he posted. He mentions it in the first PA book.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular

Wang. Heh.
    A lot of the earlier news posts don't exist because Tycho just overwrote the old one with the new one whenever he posted. He mentions it in the first PA book.

In all fairness, I doubt either of them would have dreamed that PA would blow up like it did. In the second book, Tycho mentions that the very earliest strips didnt even HAVE any newsposts, they just sort of threw the comic at the reader and ran off.

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Sadgasm wrote: »

Wang. Heh.

In all fairness, I doubt either of them would have dreamed that PA would blow up like it did. In the second book, Tycho mentions that the very earliest strips didnt even HAVE any newsposts, they just sort of threw the comic at the reader and ran off.
    There was a Q&A at one of the make a strip panels, I remember Jerry saying that because he sucked at coding (java I think) he could never get the page to line up right and they would end up with this big empty spot next to the comic, so he started adding the "news post" next to the comic to fill it up.

Rottonapple on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »

Wang. Heh.

There was a Q&A at one of the make a strip panels, I remember Jerry saying that because he sucked at coding (java I think) he could never get the page to line up right and they would end up with this big empty spot next to the comic, so he started adding the "news post" next to the comic to fill it up.
    I think in one of the books, Jerry mentions a theoretical other option to fill space being "a picture of a lobster".

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    This is still one of the most quoted strips in my group of friends.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    rich36rich36 Registered User regular
    classic!!!!