As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Pro Wrestling World] The king of wrestling games is back! (7/10 Steam, 2018 PS4)

redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
Fire Pro is the underdog from the underground of pro wrestling video games.

A history of Fire Pro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4kVZpF35w&t=186s

And now the latest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjfkQlql2g

What consoles?
Early Access PC (7/10/2017) and PS4 (2018)

How many wrestlers can you make?
On PC, as many as you can fit on your HD.

I don't like making wrestlers. Should I get this?
Yea! You can download them from the Steam Workshop. Super easy! I believe you can download wrestlers, refs, rings, and title belts.

bYf6vNQ.png
Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Edit head list with pictures.
    PA Community Steam Workshop

[Below are links to pages of created wrestlers/refs from our very own PA community members. If you have a workshop page, send me the link and I will post in here!]

Redfield85
    Sonork
    David_T

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Gonna be PS4 version for me

Looks like I'm in for a wait

edited July 2017
    I'm hoping that you guys can pull from the Steam Workshop somehow for created wrestlers. And at least you won't have to go through the growing pains like we will with making guys. They will still be adding more and more during early access, so it seems like we won't even have all the stuff available to us.

I plan to stream tomorrow somewhere around 7-10 or so if anyone wants to stop by. I'll probably just be fiddling with making guys and maybe people I've made in Returns. I need me Nemesis, Tyrant, and Man-Spider (Spider-Man).

edit: So, the game won't be out tomorrow until 10am Japan time soooo like 8 or 9pm for me. GRRRR.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There's workshop support for created wrestlers and limitless amount of edit slots, so... I'm very excited.

euj90n71sojo.png
    9pm tonight I'm gonna attempt a stream for a few hours. I think we have to play tutorial and missions to unlock more stuff? I might try to trick through half of that and then work on an edit or two.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Steam is saying one hour until unlock.

Come on.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • BigDaddyDowd BigDaddyDowd Registered User regular
    I've been waiting all day for this. Steam is a dirty dirty tease.

steam_sig.png
    Apparently Spike twitter is saying 6 PM pacific, so another hour and a half, even if Steam is saying "less than an hour".

euj90n71sojo.png
    David, you have been a bearer of bad news.

steam_sig.png
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    The game is out, just finished installing!

Looks and feels just like the old Fire Pros. Cant Wait for people to start getting the created wrestlers out. Right now the roster is really small.

steam_sig.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    They didn't fix the biggest problem I had with the previous games: women look like shit.

It's basically impossible to make any female wrestler that's not a stocky beefy type. No way to make a good, say, Alexa Bliss or Sasha Banks or Becky Lynch. The small amount of woman faces are not good, either.

Sigh. Hopefully we get some mods that help it.

• AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    The created wrestler workshop is already is on it's 4th page, and the most important wrestler is already on it soooooo....

s5pxkja97b07.jpg

Plus I suppose this guy is in it too...

08nqfosgkas2.jpg

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
    Ok. Soooo I didn't stream last night. I wound up having Returns on one screen, World on another, and the nL stream on my iPad as I attempted to copy over an edit or two from my PS2 save. Partial results:

cy9g1pszubwh.jpg

sw470qwa2luo.jpg

oz7575ul22rt.jpg

Nemesis (Resident Evil), Man-Spider (Spider-man), and Smoke (Mortal Kombat 3).

The ability to use 9 layers for individual parts is working out real well. The more I use this, the more creative I can get with edits now.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    This is the best time of my life
    kzfhiii8c378.jpg

I don't even know if that is a real wrestler or not but now I want wrestlers in underwear.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I don't even know if that is a real wrestler or not but now I want wrestlers in underwear.

As I main Arthur from Ghouls and Ghosts in Marvel vs Capcom 3, I tried my best rendition of "strawberry boxers, but still here for business".

So here's the four first wrestlers I made (I downloaded AJ, Owens, Nakamura and Seth Rollins):

The Undertaker
    Road Warrior Hawk
    Road Warrior Animal
    Neville

I'm not even a Road Warriors fan, really. I have no idea why I decided to go with them. Also there's no good Hawk face paint, very disappointing.

euj90n71sojo.png
    I feel that Owens is the main one that was out yesterday, I was not impressed with it.

I think for the most part I'll download real life wrestlers, but I'm 100% creating every cartoon, gaming, pop culture, super hero I use. For the most part.

I'm not gonna upload stuff until I'm 99% satisfied with them. Moves, AI, the works.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Yeah, I mostly downloaded just to have someone. I don't think I'll download any more until they've spent a couple of weeks in the court of public opinion. Sort the wheat from the chaff.

euj90n71sojo.png
    Yea, the Kevin Owens on the workshop leaves alot to be desired.

steam_sig.png
    First time in a long time I've delved into the logic side of Fire Pro. Updated my Undertaker. Also helped that I've gone through most of the mission mode, so a few more edit points to go around.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    So with online, how do I actually um...play?

I have it set to player player but I can't ever control my guy.

Make sure it is set to player and not CPU next to whatever character you pick? Not sure what else there is for options online.

I know it has issues right now though so growing paaaaaains. I heard people swapping and playing as their opponent or even just it being an AI taking over. Desynchs seem to be a thing with created guys right now.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Oh, apparently there's a bug with the workshop where you only download the first costume of a CAW and not all of them. That's annoying.

euj90n71sojo.png
    Yea. I'm sure that will be a quick fix though. Hopefully.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    So.

We all make AI characters. We have a tornament. We maker a champion. All live on twitch.

We drink and enjoy PPVs.

Is this the worst idea?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Live commentary on twitch. booze for days.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    So.

We all make AI characters. We have a tornament. We maker a champion. All live on twitch.

We drink and enjoy PPVs.

Is this the worst idea?

The Penny Arcade Forums annual round robin tournament.

The P1 Climax Tournament

Mwx884o.jpg
    I'm in! You can spectate matches that other people sim online, right? Or just if you are involved?

Are Gabe and Tycho (and other PA characters) the refs? I made a Gabe and Tycho in Returns. Ha.

So, we are going to the fiance's old college this weekend but she is doing stuff because she is on a board or whatever. I am gonna have a bunch of alone time at the hotel, so I am bringing my PC. All. The. Edits.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    How is it that Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi are both available in the Workshop already, but Grandmaster Sexay is not??!

How is there a Crash Bandicoot but not Crash Holly?? Or Bob or Molly Holly for that matter.

Thank goodness there's three different versions of Cody Rhodes already though.

Ketar wrote: »
    How is it that Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi are both available in the Workshop already, but Grandmaster Sexay is not??!

How is there a Crash Bandicoot but not Crash Holly?? Or Bob or Molly Holly for that matter.

i dont know about all that but its SPLENDID that BRO-KEN Matt Hardy is Available, rendering the entire steam workshop OBSOLETE.

I haven't uploaded anything yet, but I make non-wrestler edits more than real people. PREPARE FOR MORE NON-WRESTLERS.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Crash and Molly certainly need to get represented. As for Bob, maybe there isn't a way to make an FPW character racist enough and feature the Alabama Slam.

On the Cody front, is there a Stardust variant yet?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    I really want there to be more asymmetrical options. I uploaded a Sasha Banks that was loosely inspired by her WM33 outfit but all her outfits are basically left half one color, right half another color.

Though in general I want more outfit options. Especially the chest options are lacking in variety.

euj90n71sojo.png
    Yea, multi color options need to be implemented.

I've actually started my own list of things I want/need to be updated. I'll post it in like 10 spots so they hopefully catch it one day during EA.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I want this, oh yes.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    So, errrr, how do I play a match against the computer? PC with an Xbox 360 controller, I can only setup computer vs computer matches.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    edited July 2017
    Press left twice on the match setup screen. The "CPU" tag should light up, press a button and you should be able to change from CPU to 1P.

Edit: "A button" is where my memory of what button on an Xbox controller maps to the X button on a PS4 controller failed me.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Maybe his return as Brian Christopher during the Lawler/Cole feud was so horrendous, it soured people on creating him

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00