As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Final Fantasy] V Four Job Fiesta starts Monday! Play for charity! Play for fun!

1939495969799»

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ED! wrote: »
    I think 50 bucks for a mode that hasn't been available in the West easily and updated features isn't so bad.

And some updated visuals and a new orchestral soundtrack and a 4x speed increase.

edit:

And my steelbook just arrived...popping it in now. I think I'm more excited to play this version than I was the original back in the day.

edit 2:

The new soundtrack is SO good. And that localization and voice acting. Nolan North as Vossler is so good.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    So, Four Job Fiesta. I rolled Mystic Knight and Ranger, so I feel like I should probably give Omega a try this year. Where's the best place to grind character levels for the endgame?

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Well one negative against the new game. . .crippling indecision. I've spent 30 minutes looking at these reworked boards and trying to remember who you get in your party
    Vaan, Penelo, Basch, Fran, Gambit, Ashe. . .
    I have to be missing someone. Are there boards you're just not meant to use? Also anyone have a link to the stat growths of individual characters. I can't imagine making Fran a Knight would be a good idea.

Also restarting this for a third time (original release and HD emulation) and I'm reminded of how SQUARE used to RPG.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Well one negative against the new game. . .crippling indecision. I've spent 30 minutes looking at these reworked boards and trying to remember who you get in your party
    I have to be missing someone. Are there boards you're just not meant to use? Also anyone have a link to the stat growths of individual characters. I can't imagine making Fran a Knight would be a good idea.

Also restarting this for a third time (original release and HD emulation) and I'm reminded of how SQUARE used to RPG.

6 characters, 12 jobs, each character can have 2 jobs (after a certain point).

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Grove wrote: »

6 characters, 12 jobs, each character can have 2 jobs (after a certain point).

That makes so much sense I don't know why I didn't figure it out. 30 more minutes then of indecision.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh no that sounds terrifying to me. I'm guessing that you can't have two of the same class and they cannot change classes?

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh no that sounds terrifying to me. I'm guessing that you can't have two of the same class and they cannot change classes?

Not sure about the first, but you are correct about the second.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    urahonky wrote: »

You can not. I honestly think it's a better system than the original where you'd just try and cooker cutter OP-build everyone. Not a whole lot of variety in them other than where they started on the LB honestly.

I also forgot how well done this localization was.

ED! on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Actually it was pretty easy to screw yourself on the original IZJ release and picking say no healing jobs.

On one hand I want to play FF12 again. On the other hand, all this Omega Raiding in FF15 makes me want to finish my FF5 PC play through.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    So, Four Job Fiesta. I rolled Mystic Knight and Ranger, so I feel like I should probably give Omega a try this year. Where's the best place to grind character levels for the endgame?

Bal Castle Basement is great if you have Blue Mage (difficult-but-lucrative enemies who are vulnerable to LV5 Death). Otherwise... not sure. The last room is great, because of Movers. You might still try Bal Basement, as you can still insta-kill the enemies with Soft potions/Gold Needles.

• Options
    Is Vaan a good choice for White Mage in ZA?

On the one hand, he's the only character who is never out of the party.

On the other hand, he's the one character who occasionally has to fight alone.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Is Vaan a good choice for White Mage in ZA?

On the one hand, he's the only character who is never out of the party.

On the other hand, he's the one character who occasionally has to fight alone.

There is no fixed character. . .unless that has changed on this release. As for making him a White Mage. . .I dunno, there are far stronger Magic Stat'd characters if I remember correctly.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    No need. Sure you have a couple solo fights at the beginning but you can get by with potions.

Edit: WM isn't the only class that can heal. IIRC Archer, Knight and Monk can heal too.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Zodiac Age is a remake of the International Zoidac Job System version of FFXII. Put simply, each character gets a (pair of, in this version) license board(s) that have a limited selection of licenses to unlock, which are all fully visible from the start. Instead of the unrestricted-but-hidden license board of the original release.

You choose which boards each character gets, and they're all based on Final Fantasy jobs, like White Mage, Ninja, or Hunter.

Enlong on
  • Options
    No need. Sure you have a couple solo fights at the beginning but you can get by with potions.

Edit: WM isn't the only class that can heal. IIRC Archer, Knight and Monk can heal too.

Indeed. Between the potions and liberal save points, gimping your WM on Vaan doesn't seem like the best bet.

• Options
    It was less a question of Vaan being able to heal himself in solo content, and more a question of keeping my WHM on be team at all times.

I guess it's fine as long as I don't make Penelo my WHM.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    @a steak! I have a new thread ready to go; should I post it since discussion will probably pick up?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yeah, go ahead.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    It was less a question of Vaan being able to heal himself in solo content, and more a question of keeping my WHM on be team at all times.

I guess it's fine as long as I don't make Penelo my WHM.

Yea I thought I responded to that: it's been a long while, but I don't remember many times when Vaan is by himself. He certainly isn't locked into being in the team the entire time.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    New thread: here.

Thanks @A steak!

This discussion has been closed.