As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2017 Forum Badge

• BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Option #1!!!!!!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Hmm, I feel #2 could use a bit of text tweaking to seem even more plausible card game text. #1 actually is pretty nice aside from the trademarks. (Would PAXtendo work?). I'll go with #1 for now.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    #1.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    as always your work is amazing ... I would be happy to wear either one of them , but my personal choice is for # 1 , gaming consoles were a part of my life before the CCG craze and I met.

• draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    I prefer the first option though honestly they both look good. Fantastic work as always Kropotkin.

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Vote for 1. Great job as always :)

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Even though I won't be attending this year, I adore #1! As anyone that knows me irl knows, and as my username suggests I am a big time Nintendo fanboy! I hope it wins, but both look really great tbh

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Sigh. RIP Photobucket.

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Sigh. RIP Photobucket.

Oh poopy, I'll put the images some place else. Thanks for the heads up; I thought I was good until the end of the year.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    This is a tough one! I'm really into both options, and I kind of hope that #2 comes back next year, but I'm going to have to vote for #1 this time.

55ymlH2.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Definitely into #1!

NSw0gum.png
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Have to go with #1, love the NES style.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'd have to go with #1 also. Thanks again for doing this, @kropotkin !

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular

• Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    #1 looks great, love it!

• BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    Must've drunk too much water ... #1

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Votin for #1

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    Throwing in my vote for #1

Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • NyanNhanNyanNhan Registered User regular
    Definitely 1!

• KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Both are incredible works, I vote #1 personally :).

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    1, love the old school feel (even if I wasn't technically part of it)

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    It's gonna be a vote for 1 from me. Has more personality, and has more "zazz"

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    I vote for number 1.

• zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Voting for #1!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• HAVOKNWHAVOKNW LANcouverRegistered User regular
    Voting #1. Looks great. Can't wait to pick one up.

• CasaiCasai Los Angeles, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I vote #1! Agree on both being awesome. Thanks for your hard work Kropotkin!

• MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    Both look as great as normal, but given I play far more TCGs than retro games, I have to vote for 2.

• DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    #1 for me, cool ideas!

Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • acydlordacydlord Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    I'm in camp #1 great recreation of the old tall game boxes

paxsignature.png

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Love number 1!

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    My vote is for number one

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• captian54captian54 Vidographer Seattle, WARegistered User regular

R3z3wlJ.png
    ZOHC4v.png
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    And the votes are in! A total of 45 people voted and the share of the votes are as follows:

OPTION 1 84%
    OPTION 2 16%

So with an overwhelming majority, OPTION 1 wins! I shall post up a revised design along with the back of the badge. My idea for the back will be a description of a NES game that is based on the PAX West experience. My initial thoughts on it are:
    • It will be a 2D platformer
    • Players will need to collect pins
    • They must avoid ticket touts outside of the WSCC
    • Enforcers will provide power ups and other assists
    • End of level bosses will be Mike and Jerry

Any other ideas will be welcomed! Thank you all for voting and supporting this endeavour.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Here are the modified versions of Option 1 of the PAX West 2017 Forum Badge:
    cctuab60sdgu.jpg

The back has also been designed and looks like this:
    men2fgytnm5r.jpg

Notice that all mention of Nintendo has been removed as requested by many. Please let me know what you think and offer suggestions on how it can be improved.

One more thing, the final deadline for making any changes to this badge is SUNDAY 20TH AUGUST The following Monday I shall be sending it off to the printers.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    OMG !! I'm in love with this badge .........can't wait to get one and wear it ...

• dragonmammadragonmamma OregonRegistered User regular
    ok...so I've been to PAX West a couple times...and I've seen the forum badge thread...but I'm not sure how to play...can someone please give me the condensed history and "how to play". THANKS

• BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    ok...so I've been to PAX West a couple times...and I've seen the forum badge thread...but I'm not sure how to play...can someone please give me the condensed history and "how to play". THANKS

You do not play, you contribute! :D Posting in this forum before the 20th (As you already have) gets you a place on the badge!!!!

You also need to pass a quiz to receive your badge, full of VERY tricky and HARD(not really) to answer questions to prove yourself worthy of holding a badge. ;)

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    This badge is fantastic, I'll be proud to wear it around the event!

I'm going to list a few design critiques based on the most recently posted version, but they're mostly just me being nit-picky, so don't take me too seriously:

wy2h01wlayjv.jpg

1. Aliasing on the bottom of the cut-in will result in some funky jaggies when printed. Give it a nice clean cut!
    2. A chunkier font for the 'Forum Badge' text will give it some character and add to that retro game box feeling.
    3. The 'racetrack' logos could stand a little bit of realignment. The 'PAX Line' on the back is very well done, but could maybe be brought inward a little bit so that the 'P' and 'e' have room to breathe. Both instances of 'PA Forums' look solid, but could use a gentle bump to the right for the sake of centering.
    4. 'PAX West 2017 Forum Badge' might feel a bit better if the font style more closely matched that of the match title on the front.
    5. It might be worth capitalizing the 'b' in PAX West 2017 Forum badge is an arcade game' to further match your design of it being the title of the game.
    6. Make sure to eliminate the black edges between the 'screenshots' and the edge of the tube TV outline!

Kropotkin, this thing is awesome, and please don't take my picky comments and opinions as a knock against your work. In the end, they're just little things and won't take away from the design you've put together. I can't wait to see these guys floating around in the sea of attendees!

55ymlH2.png
  • BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    Small detail, but could we make the barcode an easter egg of the date, e.g. 0 20170 90104 0

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
This discussion has been closed.