As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Infinity] N3 out: Only in USAriadna can you find a Coke Bottling Plant in the year 2185

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Which I actually prefer these days

Definitely much less of a chain rifle game, and that's a good thing

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Being on the receiving end of Pupniks and Jaguars, and myself using Ghazi, I've come to like more open tables myself. Weapons like sniper rifles and HMGs are penalised by higher cost because they're meant to be somewhat dominating while cheap template troops are cheap because they're meant to be hard to get close.

The more you build a table up, the better cheap templates are and the worse long ranged weapons are. It's easy to brush it off as 'different types of game' but points costs are obviously done around more open tables like Europeans tend to play on.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I like urban maps with large, dominating avenues that divide the table and help justify heavy weapons and a bunch of smaller, template/shotgun friendly compounds.

• Options
    Yeah I basically don't one of my friends set up the board any more. He self admittedly just likes shotguns too much.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Since I'm new I think it'd be helpful to see some pics next time you get a chance!

• Options
    mr_mich wrote: »
    Since I'm new I think it'd be helpful to see some pics next time you get a chance!

They're not exactly perfect for seeing the layout but I actually snapped some pics of our last set up:

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    The issue is that I need more scatter terrain: cars, crates, etc. to provide cover at ground level. A good table should make choice of deployment matter and should reward positioning to leverage your individual models' strengths.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    The issue is that I need more scatter terrain: cars, crates, etc. to provide cover at ground level. A good table should make choice of deployment matter and should reward positioning to leverage your individual models' strengths.

Scatter terrain is really the kicker. It's pretty easy to get the big building blocks but all those little bits of chest high cover are much more of a pain.

• Options
    This is the board I played on last night...

whxidowtyvt9.jpg

Bit lower level than usual but we wanted a more orbital feel with mostly single story buildings.

So nice long firelanes, especially from vantage points like the bottom left corner building that can see right across the board.

• Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    I like it. I also like all of the catwalks.

What's happening at the right side of the image??

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    I like it. I also like all of the catwalks.

What's happening at the right side of the image??

If it's a concentrated attempt at giving me an aneurysm then it's working.

• Options
    Pile of terrain, tokens, dice etc, because who needs to keep stuff in boxes

• Options
    Not my gaming room, you understand

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    Not my gaming room, you understand

The person to whom the room belongs; you slapped the taste out of their mouth, yes?

• Options
    I mean he's got a shitload of great terrain he lets me play on regularly

I got no problem with some mess

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Bless this mess

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The Outrage character box is revealed! I'm guessing Beba will be a pilot profile for an Anaconda. Not overly sure what Emily Handelmann will be, probably some kind of Strategos command character. Nakadai is obviously a mercenary Oniwaban, and Domovoi is a mercenary Dogface. Uhahu is a hacker, and it's cool they did that character. I'm pretty excited for Jethro, I hope he's linkable with Druze in QK.

043096749be3e2aecfb8d97fd510d2f6.jpg

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The anime tiddy quotient had fallen behind, they must be making up for it

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Well, Beba looked like that in the manga. Kinda weird if she didn't look the same as a miniature. He whole biography was really weird with the whole 'has sexual attraction towards her TAG'.

• Options
    She's also actually one of the minis in that box that looks pretty decent, even if you dislike the taste the sculpt is good quality

Nakadai and Uhahu are alright too, Jethro as well just really think that his palette is a mess

But Handelman is not great, and Domovoi is pretty bad.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    19388342_1577996065557585_2715814118800390171_o.jpg?oh=b5d1249e1498789ae86215883f66a0f2&oe=59D9D1BF

Here is a slightly better picture, as that first one seems a bit grainy.

Emily's paintjob isn't doing her any favours (I sit here in my ivory tower), but the style of Domovoi's sculpt looks like he comes from a different game. He does match how he looks in the comic, but when you compare him to the current Dog-Faces, it is a rather jarring comparison.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Someone pointed out that aesthetic difference is that they fit more with the older N1 and N2 stuff due to taking more from the manga art style (not surprising given the source) which is reflected mostly in the faces.

N3 they use a lot of real faces as the source for models so they've got softer, more natural features.

The only one I'm not a fan of is Domovoi. Pose and overall design just isn't selling me.

• Options
    Those all look awful because of the heads.

Artwork = stupid animu garbage.
    Models = actual people.

Maintain your own internal consistency, CB.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Does everyone use 4'x4' play areas? I feel like the board looks huge, while everyone else's areas look like 3'x3' or so.

• Options
    It's definitely supposed to be played on a 4x4

I'd not play on anything less really

• Options
    The ranges of weapons are definitely designed for 4' areas and making it lower is gonna quickly result in chain gun city.

Which I mean, chain gun city is fucking sweet but not optimal for actual interesting matches once you've got it out your system.

• Options
    What up kids

You want to buy some new Nomad Heavy Infantry?

4oudlgtqdz8b.png

Yeah you do

• Options
    Oh corregidor.

I thought you said Nomads

• Options
    Tunguska!

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    The ranges of weapons are definitely designed for 4' areas and making it lower is gonna quickly result in chain gun city.

Which I mean, chain gun city is fucking sweet but not optimal for actual interesting matches once you've got it out your system.

I don't really have that kind of space to have a gaming 4x4 table (the floor isn't an option because I've got little girls plus it's a bit of a faff) but I've had a few games on our kitchen table which is just over 5 x 3.

I.e. It's not wide enough but it seems alright for the purpose of my friend and I who are both beginners really. We have do some % scaling when it comes to objectives but it still seemed like we had plenty of space.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Tunguska!

The bland back up dancers to the one true Nomad nation.

• Options
    Come on your know Tunguska is going to kick ass

Cannot wait to have my faction of high tech eastern european mercs and infowar masters kicking ass

• Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

I don't really have that kind of space to have a gaming 4x4 table (the floor isn't an option because I've got little girls plus it's a bit of a faff) but I've had a few games on our kitchen table which is just over 5 x 3.

I.e. It's not wide enough but it seems alright for the purpose of my friend and I who are both beginners really. We have do some % scaling when it comes to objectives but it still seemed like we had plenty of space.

Yeah 5x3 should be fine as long as you're deploying on the short edges. I like playing on rectangular boards because it gives your longer range weapons some room to stretch their legs and earn the extra points you pay for them. Games I've had on 6x4 have been awesome.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Corregidor has the Alguiciles, Tomcats, Wildcats, Hellcats, Intruders, Jaguars, Mobile Brigada, Morans, Bandits, Geckos, and the Iguana (11).
    Bakunin gets Moderators, Zoe & Pi-Well, Prowlers, Zeros, Sin-Eaters, Reverend Custodiers, Healers, Moiras, Riot Grrls, SWAST, Uberfall, Morlocks, and the Lizard (13)

So, Tunguska has Securiate, Grenzers, Spektrs, Interventors, and the Szalamandra. Adding in the Crisis Soldiers, that brings them up to six models. I imagine they'll add at least another three profiles? Maybe tack on some Ariadna or Haqq as mercs to flesh it out.

• Options
    We have been told they will get;

Kriza Boracs, some sort of S5 HI
    Hollow Men
    Tactical Puppets
    NauticalZonds
    And two more on top!

• Options
    Come on your know Tunguska is going to kick ass

Cannot wait to have my faction of high tech eastern european mercs and infowar masters kicking ass

I mean yes but at this point if I didn't shit talk a non Bakunin faction I fear you'd all presume I'd being taken by a body snatcher.

• Options
    We have been told they will get;

Kriza Boracs, some sort of S5 HI
    Hollow Men
    Tactical Puppets
    NauticalZonds
    And two more on top!

Securitate too. They're their LI.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I've been waiting for Kriza Boracs for what seems like forever. Super happy to see them finally coming out and Tungska getting more love in general.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
  • Options
    I really like the Haqqislam miniatures. Tarik looks great, and a nice compliment to the current Tarik. The Ragik looks cool, a big of a different pose for an AD unit. The Fiday looks badass and aggressive and everything I wanted in a new Fiday.

Unfortunately, my Tarik already has a Spitfire. I don't see much use for a Boarding Shotgun Ragik, and I seem to be the only Haqqislam player who can't make Fidays fucking work.

I'll grab the set, but I won't be pre ordering it at gencon. I can wait until I can get it at a discount online.

This discussion has been closed.