As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] Apocalypse World: Welcome to the Jungle

TheySeeMeRollinTheySeeMeRollin The MCRegistered User regular
edited July 2017 in Critical Failures
Okay!

I don't have all your usernames yet, but you know who you are.

First thing: this is my first time running Apocalypse World and my first time running a play-by-post. I’ve GM’d twice before, ever, both one-shots. I’m open to criticism but please be gentle :smile:

The forum rules are here; please at least skim them. Mostly it’s just standard “don’t be a dick” stuff, but also there is a strict 500kb limit on inline images and gifs. Any larger than that, link to it. Your avatar and signature can be no more than 100kb combined, and signatures can be no larger than 500x80 pixels.

There are two threads: this one, for OOC discussion, and the IC thread here. You can bookmark the threads (by clicking the little bookmark thingy on the right end of the thread title bar) to receive email notifications when someone posts, or you can just check in regularly.

Posting frequency: Would two posts per week work for everyone - say, by Monday and Thursday? Or should we start at one per week? What do y'all think?

Lines and Veils: If you’re not already familiar with this concept, Lines are things that you do not want to see in the game at all. Veils are things that can exist in the game world, but never “onscreen”. So, for example, if I say that harm coming to children is a Line for me, then children don’t get harmed in this game. It is never mentioned. If I say it’s a Veil, then children might sometimes get hurt, but it doesn’t happen where the characters can see it.

You can post any Lines and/or Veils you have in this thread, or you can send me a private message (click on my username, then click the orange "Message" button at the top right of my profile) if you’d rather not post them publicly.

Also, you have final say in what happens to your character. This is Apocalypse World; the characters can expect to have all kinds of fucked up stuff happen to them - but that should never make you, the player, feel uncomfortable or unsafe. If we need them, we’ll use standard color safewords: “yellow” means proceed with caution; “red” means stop and possibly rewrite the scene. Or you can just say something like, “Hey, this is making me uncomfortable; can we have something else happen instead?”

I trust you all to be adults and not abuse this.

IC vs OOC: If you just have a quick OOC comment on a post, put it at the bottom and label it like so:
This is an in-character action!

ooc: and this is an out-of-character comment.

Otherwise, post in the OOC thread. (This might evolve as we go.)

First vs third person narration: I don’t care; do whichever you like.

Forum stuff: The Vanilla forum software supports BBCode. Additionally, you can quote someone's post by clicking the Quote link at the bottom left of the post.

Spoiler tags produce text that is hidden behind a button, like so:
{spoiler}Boo!{/spoiler} (except with square brackets instead of curly braces. the code tag doesn't work with spoiler tags for some reason)
produces this:
Boo!

Putting an "@" in front of someone's username will send them a notification that they've been mentioned in your post, e.g. @TheySeeMeRollin

Dice: Our robot overlord Geth can roll dice. (Editing your post will not re-roll dice, as far as I can tell.) Some examples:

Geth, roll 2d6

Geth, roll 2d6+1

Geth, roll 2d6 -1 for Acting Under Fire

Note that the rolls will always show up at the bottom of the post.

Did I miss anything?

2d6 6 [2d6=3, 3]
2d6+1 9 [2d6=3, 5]
Acting Under Fire:
2d6 7 [2d6=5, 2]

TheySeeMeRollin on

• Options
    AladornAladorn Registered User regular
    Frequency: Let's try twice a week at first. If we need to slow down or something, I'm ok with that.
    Lines and Veils: I don't have any that come to mind as of now, but if something pops up I'll let you know.

Geth, roll 2d6+12 for Being Awesome.

Being Awesome:
    2d6+12 17 [2d6=4, 1]

Grave the Maestro D'
  • Options
    dragonslayer0429dragonslayer0429 Registered User regular
    Frequency: I am okay with posting twice a week. I know July 23rd -27th I will be out of town for an audit so will have limited response from hotel.
    Lines and Veils: I am okay with anything really. I will try to make sure I don't do or say something that will offend others on here.

Amber the Battlebabe
  • Options
    Also just a heads up, if you bookmark these, you have to change the notification settings so it does email you. By default it won't.

Grave the Maestro D'
  • Options
    TheySeeMeRollinTheySeeMeRollin The MC Registered User regular
    Good catch.

• Options
    Gnashing MawGnashing Maw The Driver Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Frequency: Does not matter to me I have plenty of time
    Lines and Veils: I'm arguably the most twisted person here. So let me know if I get to be too much. :biggrin:

Geth, roll 2d6+8 for How Long I Work Today

How Long I Work Today:
    2d6+8 13 [2d6=3, 2]

Gnashing Maw on
    Maw The Driver
  • Options
    So Maw, what CD is stuck in your truck?

My guess is
    Queen's Greatest Hits

Grave the Maestro D'
  • Options
    Lmao I was going to have a dramatic reveal, but yeah you guessed it

Maw The Driver
  • Options
    Sorry took so long. got my character added.

Amber the Battlebabe
  • Options
    Right so, I suppose i'll kick it off if that is allright
    Which of you has been with me for days on the road?
    Which one of you have I caught sometimes starring at the horizon?

Maw The Driver
  • Options
    Right so, I suppose i'll kick it off if that is allright
    Which of you has been with me for days on the road?
    Which one of you have I caught sometimes starring at the horizon?

I could see Amber being one that stares off at the horizon based on her background.

Amber the Battlebabe
  • Options
    Oh I didn't see the IC post so I will just go with been on road with you for days

Amber the Battlebabe
  • Options
    Which one of you can my character trust?

Amber the Battlebabe
  • Options
    Just a heads up, we have a fourth guy coming. He said he'd post tonight, let's hold off on Hx for now, and continue with it IC.

Grave the Maestro D'
  • Options
    PandaDadPandaDad Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I'm in! Savvyhead in progress during lunch break.

ETA: and posted!

PandaDad on
    Spanner the Savvyhead
  • Options
    I personally would appreciate it if everyone would set up their account so their posts are sighed like Delos and myself. :+1:

Maw The Driver
  • Options
    Comme ca, m'sieur?

Spanner the Savvyhead
  • Options
    Thanks all I appreciate it :biggrin:

Maw The Driver
  • Options
    Pas de sweat, man. And now for my pre-phase 12 move.

Geth, roll 2d6+2 For Bonefeel.

Bonefeel:
    2d6+2 6 [2d6=2, 2]

Spanner the Savvyhead