As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I had a dream about rolling a new character, a Svirfneblin Artificer (Alchemist) who got over his sunlight sensitivity by spamming Smoke Bombs for cover, whether or not any allies were in the radius.

I just wanted to let you all know, he is not going into the character file as a possible replacement if Tusk dies. Especially because, now that I'm awake and looking at the Svirfneblin stats, I see that they don't actually have sunlight sensitivity like Drow or Duergar do, so his whole dumb schtick would be pointless.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I had a dream about rolling a new character, a Svirfneblin Artificer (Alchemist) who got over his sunlight sensitivity by spamming Smoke Bombs for cover, whether or not any allies were in the radius.

I just wanted to let you all know, he is not going into the character file as a possible replacement if Tusk dies. Especially because, now that I'm awake and looking at the Svirfneblin stats, I see that they don't actually have sunlight sensitivity like Drow or Duergar do, so his whole dumb schtick would be pointless.

Well, sure, you know that, and (now) we know that.
    But, does the Svirfneblin know that? Maybe he grew up with insanely overprotective parents that warned him that if he ever went out into the sun he'd catch fire and the drow would drag him screaming down into Menzoberranzan, torture him for fun and then feed him to their giant spiders. So, he built his first smoke bombs and experimented with them, discovered he didn't catch fire while under their cover and decided that was science enough for him.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Well, sure, you know that, and (now) we know that.
    But, does the Svirfneblin know that? Maybe he grew up with insanely overprotective parents that warned him that if he ever went out into the sun he'd catch fire and the drow would drag him screaming down into Menzoberranzan, torture him for fun and then feed him to their giant spiders. So, he built his first smoke bombs and experimented with them, discovered he didn't catch fire while under their cover and decided that was science enough for him.

Sounds reasonable enough.

One of his Artificer magic items would be a Tinfoil Helm that grants resistance to Psionic damage and advantage on saves vs. Enchantment spells, in that case.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    kobold's got that sunlight sensitivity

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm all Jojo'd up and ready for the session, tonight.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Heck yeah! Return to Hemlock Bay for blackmail and etc?

• Options
    Seems like a good time for a Beach Episode. Tusk's gonna go school some teens at volleyball. Maybe have Angus back him up. Just the two of them standing right next to the net, looking over the top of it, with their giant hands in the air providing an impenetrable screen.

• Options
    let Auraj fight and eat jaws

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    let Auraj fight and eat jaws

I had an ongoing thing in my Planescape game where I'd schedule a combat against Giant Sharks and then promptly remember how insanely fucking murderous they are and bump them down to Hunter sharks. Happened what, 3/4 times?

Like the time I made an encounter with 4 Ropers.

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Seems like a good time for a Beach Episode. Tusk's gonna go school some teens at volleyball. Maybe have Angus back him up. Just the two of them standing right next to the net, looking over the top of it, with their giant hands in the air providing an impenetrable screen.

latest?cb=20120316050535

except one is a half orc and the other is all blue

• Options
    @godmode, you showing up today?

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hey friends, I'm really sorry but I have a big certification test at 8:00AM tomorrow...like I have to pass this test and one more before August 27th so I don't get fired. So I'm going to try real hard to rejoin you all next week but tonight I'm just a tiny bit too busy.

• Options
    Sounds good! Next Week: The party takes a trip with Captain Drake Rackstorm to run away from a demon-summoning dwarf who probably wants to super kill them!

• Options
    this only happened because Auraj wasn't around

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    there was no way to know that the ledger was protected by a demon. none.

• Options
    Melding wrote: »
    there was no way to know that the ledger was protected by a demon. none.

Secret demons

• Options
    hahaha oh shit, that's great

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I forgot if we were doing a thing today or not

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I forgot if we were doing a thing today or not

We are indeed!

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Angus is a very good pirate, thank you very much.

• Options
    Everyone good for tonight?

• Options
    Probably for just a little bit. Of course I have not packed or cleaned anything in preparation for my trip tomorrow.

• Options
    I'm good for tonight. And if we get in a scrap, maybe I'll actually help instead of hiding on the boat from the invisible man!

• Options
    what a novel thing, a barbarian that actually helps.

• Options
    What time is the start, again? 8 EST?

• Options
    godmode wrote: »
    What time is the start, again? 8 EST?

830 EST, but some of us are usually in discord beforehand.

• Options
    I'm in a pissy mood, but I'm game whether or not it goes away

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I'm in a pissy mood, but I'm game whether or not it goes away

These dark times are why I'm glad to have Rage as a class feature. So if I flip out and start biting things and foaming at the mouth, it's just good roleplaying.

• Options
    we on for this?

• Options
    Yeah, I might be a couple minutes late

• Options
    i might also be a little late, or have to duck out for a few around 9:40

• Options
    I am gonna stuff down some food

currently fried from going to the grocery store and am trying to recover ASAP

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Oh hey, it just occurred to me, I won't be available this Thursday because it is my birthday, and I will be occupied hitting up every restaurant in town that has some kind of deal for that, one after another, until I black out in a pool of my own cake-vomit in a gutter.

• Options
    can we canonically make it tusk's birthday during the next session you attend?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    can we canonically make it tusk's birthday during the next session you attend?

I don't know if I want to find out what kind of fucked up made-from-a-Hell-Lobster present Auraj is gonna make for him, but sure.

• Options
    it just occurred to me that Auraj should make you a damn greatsword out of the sharktopus fin

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Well I'm not feeling great today and with THM out, I think it's best to just postpone this session until next week.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    I was just coming in to say I've been feeling like poop

so taking a week off sounds good 2 me

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    alright, i will still be hanging around the internet if anyone wants to hang out.

even if you don't i will still be there, you just don't have to be.

• Options
    I have just eaten a whole batter fried onion by myself while the other three people the appetizer was supposed to be shared with watched in horror. And then I finished a bigass ribeye steak, a loaded baked sweet potato, my veggies, my brother's veggies, half a shrimp skewer, a brownie and ice cream, all before anyone else was done with their entree. I think I tanked the whole basket of complimentary bread myself too, but it's getting hard to focus my brain that far back.

I mention this because I feel it should count towards Tusk's EXP total. Since I'm clearly still In Character. Fuckin method roleplaying. Somebody call Tom Hanks, because I think I've got the script for "Mazes & Monsters 2: THE BEAST WITHIN (my colon)" right here.