As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Regional tomorrow. Taking either Skorp or HB and Whizz or Smoke. As usual I will probably write out all four decklists and choose ten minutes before registration.

And do I use my bye in this one or the next? Probably this one, I think.

Looking at the spoilers.
    Na'Not'K is basically at least a 2 strength Shaper Killer, which ain't nothing. 3 for 2 strength is rubbish, as a single Architect is going to be 5 to break, but another piece of ice on the server or combining it with a datasucker makes this not be a bad option.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Tithonium cannot host cards. Can it host condition counters like Rover Algorithm?

• redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    Tithonium cannot host cards. Can it host condition counters like Rover Algorithm?

i don't believe so, it says install rover algorithm as a hosted condition counter. the card is a counter, and the counter is hosted.

if there was a hosted condition counter that wasn't also a card, like say an agenda you scored that itself went to the score area and created a different thing that was condition counter, then you could cause it's not a card.

but, that's not a thing that exists

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Actually I think you can because it's a hosted condition counter, not a hosted card.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah it's already been ruled that once oversight is installed, it's no longer a card

there's no reason that shouldn't also be true of Rover Algorithm

tithonium does have the slight problem of needing to be rezzed before you play rover, which might conceivably affect that interaction, but I doubt it

I think it's because of how events interact with hosting rather than installable cards.

Stuff like Parasite or Egret or Knight are hosted directly onto something and continue to exist as cards because that's how they are installed. But OAI or Patch are events, which can't normally be installed themselves, are instead hosted as condition counters.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Actually, you know, it's interesting that Open Forum actually refers the 1.5 phase mandatory draw for the corp as... well, mandatory draw. I think that's the first time that's happened, right?
    core 2.0 confirmed?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    There are a bunch of cards that refer to "hand" rather than "grip" or "HQ", cards with inconsistent terms aren't anything new, lol.

Made top eight, so got a mat, but with only sixteen players it was a top four cut and just missed out. Could have theoretically made the cut if I'd swept the last round but my Smoke deck faced a terrible matchup with Ag Infusion and I took an ID to make sure of a mat.

HB with shipment from Tenin did ok. Lost to DLR Max but flattened Geist. Smoke faced two Syncs and beat one and got a timed draw with the other. NACH was a godsend, when it finally appeared.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Woo I won a regional!

Lanlaorn wrote: »
    There are a bunch of cards that refer to "hand" rather than "grip" or "HQ", cards with inconsistent terms aren't anything new, lol.

Actually, it sounds like this one might be intentional.

From jakodrako:
    In editing Damon and I agreed to update this in the FAQ so that mandatory draw could be referenced on cards. I just have to remind Boogies about it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Actually, you know, it's interesting that Open Forum actually refers the 1.5 phase mandatory draw for the corp as... well, mandatory draw. I think that's the first time that's happened, right?
    core 2.0 confirmed?

Don't tell anyone, but yes.

Hrm, so this is what I'm currently poking around with for the regional next week. Can't actually test it since Free Mars isn't technically out yet so it's not implemented...
    A Open Treatise on the Postal System

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations (Blood Money)

Agenda (7)
    3x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ●●●
    1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
    3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)

Asset (5)
    2x Open Forum Free Mars
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●●

Upgrade (1)
    1x Bryan Stinson (Quorum)

Operation (17)
    3x Accelerated Diagnostics (Mala Tempora) ●●●
    1x Hasty Relocation (Intervention) ●●
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    3x Mass Commercialization (Blood and Water)
    1x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
    3x Red Planet Couriers (Earth's Scion)
    3x Shipment from Kaguya (Core Set)

Barrier (6)
    1x Asteroid Belt (Order and Chaos)
    3x Fire Wall (Order and Chaos)
    2x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
    2x Hortum (Terminal Directive)
    3x Mausolus (Martial Law)

Sentry (3)
    2x Colossus (Terminal Directive)
    1x Nebula (Order and Chaos)
    11 influence spent (max 12, available 1)
    18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
    44 cards (min 40)

Basically had a bunch of free influence from when I cut two of the Hasty's, so I figured... why not grab GFI's as my 3-pointers? Not sure right now what to spend the last floating one on, or if I want to cut the third yet. Hasty's being operations helps since they're a bit more... durable, I guess? Havn't decided if the trade-off's worth it.

Also have been contemplating cutting something for a copy of Plan B. Yes, I know, it's jank... but if I can bait a run on it, making the runner think it's a GT being hard advanced... could just score a GFI from hand if I've got 5 on it. If they don't bite on it, I can just hold the asset until a Couriers combo is ready and flush counters onto it instead.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    The increasing popularity of Aginfusion makes me think it might finally be safe to play Shaper again.

Epimer on
    Aginfusion is monstrous once it gets rolling. It's like RP but worse, because the corp makes you run the server with a Chiyashi before you can get into their remote instead of you running the central server with the worst ice. And then you run the remote, which also has a Chiyashi. And a Caprice. And he has a Nisei counter.

And they can boop you to another server after you go past the Chiyashi on the remote on your first run as well. It is v expensive.

Ideally you never let them get into that position, or you Emp Strike before you run, of course.

Yeah emp strike is the biggest thing vs Aginfusion, for sure.

edited July 2017
    Tournament regulations were updated.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/7/19/new-clone-regulations/

Didn't see any major changes unless I missed something.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Extremely minor updates, though. A couple text edits and a clarification that you can do a cut to 16 instead of just 4 or 8.

edited July 2017
    You know what would be a pretty fluffy but appropriate change if they ever re-do the core?

Biotic Labor giving you a bad pub when you use it.

EDIT: Unrelated, but that feeling when you DDM someone three times, and not hit one agenda you can steal.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    That feeling when you realize you could've totally won a game when you DDM dug but forgot to put down the Freedom Through Equality sitting in your hand beforehand. The dig got me to to six, and the corp pushed a Sleepers to get to 7 the next turn. *facepalm*

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    You know what would be a pretty fluffy but appropriate change if they ever re-do the core?

Biotic Labor giving you a bad pub when you use it.

EDIT: Unrelated, but that feeling when you DDM someone three times, and not hit one agenda you can steal.

biotic labor giving a bad pub seems pretty reasonable to me

Well, that's a surprise. Crimson Dust spoilers in the wild.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2017
    Is that Feedback Filter on a Criminal resource? :S
    Oh, and Dummy Box. Have we known about that for a long time? I remember a friend telling me about it ages ago and the idea of how screwed it could be in an all-resource Reverse Data Link deck. Good times.

ArcticLancer on
    Priority Construction is a surprisingly great Weyland card. Build your server defenses, at no cost, plus three free advancements? Easy.

Kind of surprised that we don't see the Shaper runner. This is the last pack in the cycle, right?

edited July 2017
    Yeah, there's no NBN, HB, or Shaper ID this cycle. Which is fair, since basically all the other factions have missed having one in previous cycles. One could joke it'd be okay for HB to skip it because they'd still only ever use ETF anyway.

Weyland and Anarchs didn't get one in Mumbad and Sansan. (Although Anarchs had a double-ID cycle with Omar & Null.) Crim didn't have one in Spin, but doubled-up in SanSan.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Is that Feedback Filter on a Criminal resource? :S
    Oh, and Dummy Box. Have we known about that for a long time? I remember a friend telling me about it ages ago and the idea of how screwed it could be in an all-resource Reverse Data Link deck. Good times.

yeah we've known about that crim resource for awhile

I'm not happy about it

Yeah, there's no NBN, HB, or Shaper ID this cycle. Which is fair, since basically all the other factions have missed having one in previous cycles. One could joke it'd be okay for HB to skip it because they'd still only ever use ETF anyway.

Weyland and Anarchs didn't get one in Mumbad and Sansan. (Although Anarchs had a double-ID cycle with Omar & Null.) Crim didn't have one in Spin, but doubled-up in SanSan.
    I'm just a bit surprised because they put out a Shaper console, and they usually don't put out consoles without including their associated Runner, at least lately. There are very few un-associated Consoles out there (Spinal Modem, arguably Doppleganger though it could be either Ken's or Andy's, Ekomind (might be Quetzal), Box-E (might be Leela))

Box-E is 100% not Leela's

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I always thought Spinal Modem was Whizzard's console, not that it has any mechanical connection to what he does.

Ironically, I'm pretty sure Grimoire was Wizard's console despite it also not really doing anything directly for him.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2017
    I look forward to seeing someone pull off the dream of using Metamorph to pull a Off the Grid onto HQ, and then rezzing a second OtG.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Dien Tran won Toronto regional, guys a machine! Wins so much! Also one of the nicest people in the world!
    He had excellent choice of runner deck too...

...which was...?

Way to keep us in suspense, Cerbs.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Guessing Siphon Whizzard.

Yeah, I sent him my list a week ago and he loved it. That deck has won a lot of regionals!

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to play an updated Pitchfork Hayley at a regional this weekend, because I am an idiot.

edited July 2017
    Huh.

So I'm going through my cards, storing things properly in preparation for putting a deck together for regionals... and just realized that I never actually *bought* a copy of Earth's Scion.

Which is kinda important, due to that little card called Red Planet Couriers being in it.

And of course I'm not seeing any copies of it on Amazon...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Okay, got a copy on the way. Hopefully it comes in time.

...still feel weird, since I swear I bought one.

*runs out to check the trunk of his car again*

...Well, shit.

Random stupid idea: Rover Algorhythm on a Builder. If they break it, it'll cost more the next time they go through. If they don't, it'll make the other ICE on the server cost more and advance a win condition.

persona4celestia.jpg