As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Colorless - Finale: A Full Palette

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Day 5 has ended.

All votes and actions at x:59 or earlier will count; any at x:00 or later will not. Narration up in about a half hour.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Shit, too late. FTR, I only switched from GG to premium to break what was a three-way tie without voting Gizzy.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    i think GG bears some more examination as well, that "salty mafia" comment seemed very appropriate.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Well that took a turn

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You are just all over the place.

Vote count?

You have no idea

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Day 6: The Spreading Grayness

The Colorless continued to execute their plan without deviation. 38thDoe became their latest victim in their unknown agenda. The group's influence was larger than they had dreamed. Soon, their full plans would come to fruition. Meanwhile, the city guard did their best to follow up on the leads that continued to stream through the guard boxes. Who could be trusted? What can be believed? The decision was made to question premium in the hope for some answers, though none knew if those answers would come.

Eliminated Players
    38thDoe
    premium

Day 6 closes Sunday, July 16, 10PM PDT / Monday, July 17, 1AM EDT / 5AM UTC.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I guess at least that clears up without much doubt that the faded signup color on death is a sign of being mafia.

• Options
    So gizzy is telling the truth?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I'm not following how those results proved anything about colors

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    premium's death narration is the same color he signed up in, instead of being paler. So at the very least, it disproves the idea that it's just a pervasive effect of the game going long enough. premium said he hadn't been notified of being under the effects of any powers, either, which at least reduces that possibility.

That leaves faded signup colors being either mafia, or I guess death millers?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I don't know why I just thought of this but a reason the mafia show up a pale color even though they are called "colorless" could be bc they are draining the color out of the villagers and putting it into themselves

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I don't know why I just thought of this but a reason the mafia show up a pale color even though they are called "colorless" could be bc they are draining the color out of the villagers and putting it into themselves

That's a very interesting idea.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I said that already grumble grumble

(Maybe not though :P )

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    i think GG bears some more examination as well, that "salty mafia" comment seemed very appropriate.

I'm not "salty". People asked me to share my thoughts and I did. I still think Gizzy's death gives us more informationbut that's because I know what my role is, which is Villager.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm still surprised premium was innocent!

i'm going to be out basically all day tomorrow.
    LostNinja is maybe my surest intuition, but like...
    premium didn't turn out well at all.

• Options
    if mafia don't turn up when they die, and vanillagers have no way of knowing alignments,
    what would the point of posting results even be?

i think the pale ones are mafia, or else i'm calling bullshit on this whole thing.
    or maybe there's some kind of thing going on with specials i have no idea about?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Lucedes wrote: »
    if mafia don't turn up when they die, and vanillagers have no way of knowing alignments,
    what would the point of posting results even be?

i think the pale ones are mafia, or else i'm calling bullshit on this whole thing.
    or maybe there's some kind of thing going on with specials i have no idea about?

Well yes, those are the two main options to consider lol

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I guess at least that clears up without much doubt that the faded signup color on death is a sign of being mafia.

Yeah, I don't know how you get to that conclusion when all the narrations have indicated that the Pale condition is a sickness afflicting villagers.
    So at least some Pale should be villagers.
    And I don't see how a villager dying not Pale changes that.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    That Sega mini run would have been a lot more interesting if premium came up mafia. Instead it is confusing.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

Yeah, I don't know how you get to that conclusion when all the narrations have indicated that the Pale condition is a sickness afflicting villagers.

It shows that it is not a thing happening to all villagers as the game progresses.

The pale that are villagers are clearly the white names that are mafia kills as they spread their condition.

We haven't seen anyone that wasn't voted out die of this fading condition, which makes it unlikely that it is some type of SK power.

That leaves the obvious answer being that the faded names are mafia, and they are "colorless" because they are less vibrant than the villagers that live within the city walls.

• Options

It shows that it is not a thing happening to all villagers as the game progresses.

The pale that are villagers are clearly the white names that are mafia kills as they spread their condition.

We haven't seen anyone that wasn't voted out die of this fading condition, which makes it unlikely that it is some type of SK power.

That leaves the obvious answer being that the faded names are mafia, and they are "colorless" because they are less vibrant than the villagers that live within the city walls.

What white names?

• Options

What white names?

He means colorless. They show up as white on certain forum styles.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Ok, I have my phone on Desktop Mode so I see the forums like I would on the computer.

• Options
    Yeah, it's white on my phone and tablet in desktop mode.

• Options
    That Sega mini run would have been a lot more interesting if premium came up mafia. Instead it is confusing.

Right, curious if it was my vote history or reasoning that got my branded there.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Usually by Day 6 in a vanilla-like game I have some semblance of what the hell is going on. This is not the case here.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Right now, the only information we have to go on is that some show up Pale, and others show up Colorless. Since this differs from the sign-up colors we know, this means that the mafia is somehow manipulating colors. So running with the assumption that the mafia can steal color, what does this tell us? Or is just a cute gag meant to distract us?

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    if the colorless aren't mafia, we have literally no information to use, except who got killed by the mafia.
    if there was a vig, they've died without their role being announced.

i want to proceed on the assumption that the pale were mafia, because otherwise, i feel victory is difficult or very luck-based.

• Options
    desired edit: *colorless are clearly the mafia, meant the pale names on death.

• Options
    I just realized that my sign up post was in a pale pink and the only thing paler is white...

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »
    if the colorless aren't mafia, we have literally no information to use, except who got killed by the mafia.
    if there was a vig, they've died without their role being announced.

i want to proceed on the assumption that the pale were mafia, because otherwise, i feel victory is difficult or very luck-based.

I believe the narration implied that Austin was the vig. Curious if we still have a seer out there though.

Outside of that, I think that the faded names for mafia fits perfectly well within the game world we've been given, and our continued distraction at the possibility that they aren't is a waste of energy. There was literally a push to vote out someone most of us believed to be village yesterday to get to the bottom of it.

I think we need to be looking closely at the indulividuals that continue to push that narrative to the front of our discussion (beyond just the mention that it's a possibility there if a miller or something).

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »

Right, curious if it was my vote history or reasoning that got my branded there.

It was three votes in quick succession with no explanation against a bandwagon that was not going to be beaten.

Looks like a nice place to hide to me.

• Options
    Going to put an early vote on Grunt's Ghost for being on the Gizzy wagon yesterday.

• Options
    I'm having to do some working from home on a Sunday bleh.
    When I finish though .. I'll be glad to lay out all of my thoughts on people I have found suspicious - and those that I've voted on in the past but might be wavering back on forth on. (including my late vote on segatai)

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

MrBlarney wrote: »
    Day 2: Shadow of Onesself

This small show did not aid the situation, as the Paling continued to subtly worm its way among the populace. But the worst outcome yet came when Preda was discovered, drained of all life and color.
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Day 4: Tints and Shades

More and more people in the district were coming down with the Pale condition. The latest person targeted by the city guard, Zombie Hero, also showed the telltale signs of the lack of full color.

It looks like two different conditions to me.
    There's the mafia kill that drains the villager of all colour, and then there is the Paling that only drains a villager of some colour.
    So whilst it's possible that some Colourless are turning Pale by stealing colour (some Pale are mafia), I do not think we can assume that all Pale are mafia.

discrider on
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    gizzy

• Options
    Gizzy actually works for me today. If being pale isn't correlated with being mafia (which I don't believe is the case), then maybe HER colour will shed light on things.

Steam
  • Options
    This is stupid that this is happening today and not yesterday. What made you change your minds?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Vote histories all colored in:
    5ov77o82g7vr.png
    h06stgzawlzb.png
    0ybm4oxv26r6.png

Gizzy on
  • Options
    Well to be fair I thought people WERE voting you out yesterday. I threw in a vote on premium so we'd have more talk of other targets, didn't expect people to just jump on.

Steam