As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Colorless - Finale: A Full Palette

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Depending how you come back, I'd like to look at who followed me onto premium instead of voting you out.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Like I'm kinda legit pissed off I wasn't voted out yesterday if it's just going to happen today.
    Nothing magical happened last night to tell anyone anything ... whoopdy whoop, let's all vote premium on a flimsy reason. whoodpy whoop let's search all 2 people alive who are "hiding on the suspicious sega wagon" .. never mind the freaking huge premium wagon.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    edited July 2017
    I'm FINISHED!
    This first run is looking at the votes only (no gut feelings or anything)

chamberlain

Day 1 early vote on brody
    Day 2 late vote on the Jpants wagon, followed by H3 and discrider. Other main wagon contender that day was H3Knuckles.
    Day 3 this time voted for H3Knuckles who only had a couple of votes; vote placement was during the middle of a late day ZH push.
    Day 4 voted MrT; placement happened when MrT was winning the vote with 4 to cythraul's 3 and discrider's 3
    Day 5 first vote on Gizzy after Kime made suggestion.

corvidae

Day 1 was the second vote on GG. Disc later moved his vote leaving corvidae the only one on this wagon.
    Day 2 a couple of people had already voted for Jpants and moved off. corv was second on this wagon at the time he voted. No other wagons had really gained traction at this point.
    Day 3 vote on H3Knuckles just as ZH wagon was starting to take off
    Day 4 Good placement on MrT wagon
    Day 5 Late night move vote from Gizzy to premium wagon. At this point premium was already a clear winner.

Cythraul

Day 1 only vote on aura lynx
    Day 2 second vote on discrider, earlish so no other real wagons
    Day 3 3rd vote on discrider before ZH wagon started taking off.
    Day 4 Did not vote.
    Day 5 First vote on premium

discrider

Day 1 early vote on GG, moved to virgil late in the day after brody had voted for himself.
    Day 2 early vote on Jpants, moved to Romantic, moved to H3Knuckles at a time when the vote was close with Jpants, moved to be last vote on Jpants, at this point no other wagon was close.
    Day 3 early consecutive votes on Romantic and GG; moved to be the 5th ZH vote
    Day 4 early vote on Gizzy; moved to be second vote on MrT (also of note, MrT early voted Disc this day)
    Day 5 second vote on premium

Gizzy

Day 1 first vote on MrT before any wagons
    Day 2 first vote on corvidae; at the time small wagon of 3 on Jpants
    Day 3 4th vote on ZH pushing wagon; at the time there were 2 votes on GG and H3; and 3 votes on disc
    Day 4 only vote on Kime kinda late day; at the time there was an established wagon with 5 votes already on MrT
    Day 5 early vote on Cythraul; moved vote extremely close to vote close to segatai to be 2nd vote; at the time wagon on premium was 8

Grunt's Ghosts

Day 1 early day first vote on discrider
    Day 2 third vote on H3Knuckles; at the time other wagons were discrider and Jpants with 2 each.
    Day 3 fourth vote on discrider; at the time wagon on ZH was 3
    Day 4 second vote on discrider; at the time MrT, Cythraul, and GG had 2 votes
    Day 5 vote on himself after really early day run of 3 consecutive votes on GG; shortly after moved to Gizzy

H3Knuckles

Day 1 only vote on premium; 18th vote of the day; at the time GG, Brody, MrT, H3 all had 2 votes on them.
    Day 2 seventh vote on Jpants; at the time H3 had 5 votes on himself
    Day 3 Third vote on ZH
    Day 4 sixth vote on MrT; disrider and cythraul had 3 votes at the time
    Day 5 fourth vote on premium; 3 votes on Gizzy at the time

MagicPrime kime

Day 1 MagicPrime did not vote (noted ZH voted for him)
    Day 2 MagicPrime did not vote
    Day 3 voted romantic after discrider already moved his vote off. not really any wagons at the time
    Day 4 fourth vote on MrT; GG, discrider, cythraul had 2 votes on them
    Day 5 suggested voting for Gizzy but waiting to commit vote being 4th person at the time. 4 votes on premium wagon at this time.

LostNinja

Day 1 early vote on chamberlain, moved to be third vote on Brody
    Day 2 third vote on JPants; H3Knuckles had 3 votes at this time
    Day 3 second vote on discrider. After disc hit 3 votes, moved to be second vote GG; ZH had 3 votes at the time
    Day 4 second vote on cythraul; at the time GG and MrT had 2 votes
    Day 5 early vote 2nd on GG; moved vote to premium; moved again late night switch near vote close to be third on Segatai. At the time there were 8 votes on premium and Lost's move brought that count down to 7.

Lucedes

Day 1 first vote on romantic, 16th vote of the day; at the time GG, MrT, Brody, H3 had 2 votes
    Day 2 early vote on GG, 2nd vote of the day
    Day 3 third vote on GG; last vote of the day - ZH wagon was already established
    Day 4 only vote on premium; at the time 2 on GG and MrT
    Day 5 third vote on premium; at the time 2 on Gizzy

MikeyCTS

Day 1 first vote on H3, no wagons had formed at this time
    Day 2 fifth vote on H3; competing wagon was JPants with also 5 at that time.
    Day 3 early vote on Kime, no wagons had formed at this time
    Day 4 third vote on cythraul; 4 votes on MrT at this time
    Day 5 first vote on Kime; at the time there were 4 votes on premium; and 4 votes on Gizzy

SeGaTai

Day 1 early vote on 38thdoe, 3rd vote of the day, no wagons formed
    Day 2 third vote on discrider, at the time 3 on H3Knuckles, 3 on Jpants
    Day 3 sixth vote on ZH; at the time 3 on discrider, 3 on H3Knuckles
    Day 4 third on discrider; at the time 4 on MrT
    Day 5 eighth vote on premium late in the day; closest wagon was 3 on Gizzy

Virgil_Leads_You

Day 1 second vote on Egos; at the time 2 votes on premium, H3, and MrT
    Day 2 fourth vote on Jpants; at the time 3 on H3, 4 on discrider
    Day 3 second vote on GG; at the time 6 on ZH
    Day 4 early vote on GG; no wagons formed yet
    Day 5 fifth vote on premium; at the time 4 on Gizzy,

Gizzy on
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    we've been flying blind, in the dark, with a sunscreen over the windshield until now.
    and that's how the colorless like it.

all previous seer results came back as "Underneath their saturated exterior, is a citizen loyal to Ciela"

until we hit one that came back as "Underneath their pale exterior, is a citizen loyal to Ciela"

so that proves paleness DOES NOT EQUAL alignment.

the colorless has been making sure to pale the vote winners, misleading us. where did this start? with Gizzy pulling the most mafia-est move ever, killing her unsuspecting husband.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Drama!

Gizzy

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited July 2017
    People who played with me should know better that I wouldn't invent some weird real world scenario. Lying is super super stressful.

I play this game to be village. When I'm mafia I lay low.
    That's all I'll say about that .. believe me or don't believe me .. whatever.

I'm going to at least pour all my thoughts out with vote analysis and my gut feelings on people so that when I'm voted out village the mafia will wish they had killed me sooner.

Gizzy on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    But, I mean, at the risk of sounding like 'the Sicilian' in the Princess-Bride; if you have an established history of providing insightful commentary and vote records when village, and feigning being busy or generally keeping low activity when mafia, then maintaining a low profile would eventually require you to appear active.

And that's setting aside that you telling us how to interpret your activity is never really going to be a convincing argument. "Your honor, if I was guilty, I wouldn't be acting like everything was fine, would I? If I'm not obviously trying to hide something then clearly I'm innocent."

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Like i said believe it or not ... that's up to you guys now.
    For all I know I should be lime green tonight .. I haven't gotten any PMs about being pale.
    After the seer information the right thing to do is vote me out, so I can't be mad now.

(but I'm still standing by my need to defend my personal character - it's tough to be called a liar, when I'm not a liar!)

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    we've been flying blind, in the dark, with a sunscreen over the windshield until now.

all previous seer results came back as "Underneath their saturated exterior, is a citizen loyal to Ciela"

until we hit one that came back as "Underneath their pale exterior, is a citizen loyal to Ciela"

the colorless has been making sure to pale the vote winners, misleading us. where did this start? with Gizzy pulling the most mafia-est move ever, killing her unsuspecting husband.

In the interest of clarity, is this actually a seer call that Gizzy is colorless, or a hunch based on previous results you have gotten back?

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

I really hope this is true. Because it is awesome.

Gizzy

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    This is dumb.
    I don't think Gizzy is lying, and that's like the one thing I'm certain of.
    Cythraul for voting for Gizzy whilst thinking paleness completely correlates with mafianess. In which case he must think mafia Gizzy voted off mafia ZH which is just as silly.

Alright d, let's talk about it.

I was completely on board with believing that the pale death results didn't mean anyone was mafia. I said this days ago and had Gizzy all up in my grill for being so adamant about it because she came forward with info that ZH was in fact mafia. Remember?

Then I started acting in the belief that pale = mafia because of this info. Things looked questionable, and everyone was going to vote out Gizzy to confirm/prove this somehow, but she didn't get voted out. This is still a loose end because her info wasn't jiving with what we were seeing. Thus my vote.

Now we have seer info that says pale can be village aligned. Seems like I'm still ok voting Gizzy since this has been the entire issue/discussion so far.

Do you have info to share, insight to lend us, or maybe can tell us why ZH, who was "definitely mafia", came back looking like an ordinary villager? Because right now this is the best lead we have, no?

Steam
    Also let's all drop the idea that anyone is "lying" and that anyone's virtue is being called into question. This is a game where people lie (except maybe Rend?). I'm ok with that and don't take it personally unless someone is hammering me with personal attacks.

So please, don't feel like I'm attacking you personally. I'm just saying shit don't add up.

Steam
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm at work so quickly:
    - I think Gizzy's vote for ZH means different teams
    - Gizzy has been adamant that ZH is mafia
    - I don’t think Gizzy was forced to vote for ZH and if mafia could have voted someone else that day.
    - Gizzy voting for ZH was always going to be scrutinized, so mafia plot stupid risky.
    - Originally thought that Pale=sick villager only, but then others suggested that mafia could be pale. Makes better sense for ZH to be pale mafia than pale villager because of the above.
    - Only situation that makes sense IMO is Gizzy villager Zh mafia.

And I don't think killing villagers is going to help us win.

edited July 2017
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Also let's all drop the idea that anyone is "lying" and that anyone's virtue is being called into question. This is a game where people lie (except maybe Rend?). I'm ok with that and don't take it personally unless someone is hammering me with personal attacks.

So please, don't feel like I'm attacking you personally. I'm just saying shit don't add up.

I've had GG straight up accuse me of cheating and lying yesterday so I'm a little sensitive. I might have read into corvidae's post too strongly. Sorry for getting a little too real - I'm in check now and agree you guys should vote me out.

Gizzy on
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    The fuck? ... Seriously? Every time I come back from my shiny new game, something bonkers is happening.

Fine, Gizzy to end this discussion one way or the other.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Voted for premium yesterday because at the time it was the only other vote lead besides gizzy.

And still don't see the reason for voting out gizzy, will operate under the assumption that the paler colors are mafia, there isn't enough other mechanics going on for it to really be anything else.

Don't think are enough votes left out there to swing this to anyone else, but will stick it on cythraul as well, though LostNinja is probably actually more suspicious to me, just a hunch

PSN SeGaTai
    I just don't even know what to do with this situation otherwise.

Steam
    I'll also point out that the only person to vote for both of the pale(mafia) deaths was discrider

PSN SeGaTai
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Two hours until the vote close.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I guess Gizzy? I could be persuaded to go GG or Lost, but there doesn't seem to be much support for that.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I'll also point out that the only person to vote for both of the pale(mafia) deaths was discrider

Well, the claim now is that they are not mafia, right?

Steam profile
    edited July 2017
    SeGaTai wrote: »

I did. Also 38th. Keep in mind that 38th was also murdered by the mafia as far as we can tell.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Honestly this seer call feels a lot like a mafia ploy to me. Casting more doubt on the pale deaths, and then creating a narrative that doesn't appear to be based on someone being actually seered mafia.

edited July 2017
    I disagree .. he used some pretty exact language as a seer result example that if it were a ploy he could easily be called out.

There could be more going on with the colors than I assumed with my limited knowledge of mine and one other person's role.
    (To clarify, I still stand by ZH was mafia. But now I'm less clear on MrT's alignment)

Gizzy on
    I wonder if we'll figure out the mechanics before the end of the game? :P

Steam
    Both of the Blarney games I've been in have felt like that now.

Also, the Final Fantasy IV and Disgaea phallas run by 38th.

Maybe I'm just bad at figuring things out.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I disagree .. he used some pretty exact language as a seer result example that if it were a ploy he could easily be called out.

There could be more going on with the colors than I assumed with my limited knowledge of mine and one other person's role.
    (To clarify, I still stand by ZH was mafia. But now I'm less clear on MrT's alignment)

Only really with someone afflicted with paleness, and I'd assume they have incintive not to do so.

edited July 2017
    Ok thoughts, gut feelings, ramblings. I'll spoiler these.
    * FINISHED - there's a few people I landed on neutral feelings about. It's past my bedtime, my brain's stopped working.
    chamberlain - this is a person I can't really tell when they are mafia and I nothing is really standing out conversation wise. They did vote for MrT on day 4, but now we're not sure if MrT is mafia (O.o). Quick to jump the vote for me at Kime's suggestion yesterday, which I can't really fault. He did ping both egos and 38thdoe's suspicious meter on day 2, which I put some weight behind .. but then it was only day to.

Rating - slightly suspicious

corvidae - self revealed as networked.

cythraul - vote history difficult to glean info from because of habit of voting early before wagons. Has been active in discussions. I agreed with roman's assessment "seemed pretty sure ZH "wasn't mafia" until Gizzy came clean. Honest mistake, or colorless trying to steer the conversation when it seemed as though the village was confused? I dunno for sure, but it's pretty suspicious to me." I think I also made an assumption here that b/c Cythraul was getting some votes, dropped from the conversation, and did not vote that day was basically him being mafia and not wanted to give out more info. After re-reading the thread for that day, his conversation wasn't as suspicious as I was remembering it. I think I was feeling strongly earlier but am doubting now.

Rating - neutral

discrider - It's a pain for me to follow his vote history b/c he moves his vote around so frequently. Day 3 push on ZH looks good. Day 4 voted MrT (uncertain alignment) (sidenote to the sidenote - I was pretty suspicious of MrT though, I voiced this in PMs to other players).

Rating - leaning village

Grunt's Ghosts - Day 3 vote looks bad, like he's pushing the discrider vote over ZH. The reasons the thread gave for the early votes on him day 5 were 1. placeholder vote from corvidae 2. no reason from LostNinja 3. vote history from premium. At this point I was thinking whoa this is happening fast. Then GG self voted. I questioned him and got blown up at .. which made me think, ok he's salty mafia.

Rating - leaning suspicious

H3Knuckles - I've actually been going back and forth on whether I find him suspicious all game. Not in thread, but a bit in PMs. The first thing that stood out to me was the vote totals being a bit off, and only summaries instead of detailed. I was kind of surprised he didn't self-correct and start posting more detailed totals. Also he's been really vocal and the mafia have kept him alive. But also there's that .. very involved in discussions and has laid down some thoughts on people. I think I started leaning more village after being the 3rd vote on ZH. Egos mentioned in PMs feeling better about H3 after his thread participation. Basically pretty good voting record all game.

Rating - leaning village; if not village well played

Kime - I pretty much think he's village b/c ZH voted for him day 1, and he voted for MrT on day 4. I haven't really disagreed with any of his logic even when it countered mine. No early vote history due to MagicPrime being inactive.

Rating - leaning village

LostNinja - I feel like he's trying to be on my side, but some of the things he's said were kind of odd and I keep seeing his name in thread on other people's suspicious lists. Has he been on the lists of people I trust? Will need to go back through thread and check. Avoided the ZH and MrT wagons. Has been active in conversation.
    -after reading ..I'm still not able to formulate a solid opinion either way.

Rating - neutral

Lucedes - I felt like day 1 she was super talkative and excited that phalla was back and everyone was like active lucedes is village lucedes, then she returned back to real life and stopped being active. Is flying under the radar popping in to vote each day. Her votes don't really tell me much.

Mikey - day 4 looked like he was pushing cythraul instead of MrT. Hasn't stood out to me too much in conversations. egos mentioned to me day 3 he found him suspicious but didn't have a solid reason why. Will need to read back through and form an opinion.
    After reading - still not able to form a solid opinion

Rating - neutral

segatai - He did vote for ZH, while it was 5-3-3 ..so it could be argued it's an alright buffer vote, but also maybe a make mafia look good placement vote? I can't say that I feel strongly either way. He was on Egos PMd suspicious list day 3. Day 4 brought the discrider vote to 3 while the MrT vote was at 4. (I'm still working under the assumption MrT was mafia, b/c he was pretty suspicious). Day 5 vote didn't tell us anything. 38thdoe was willing to swing the vote off premium onto sega, even though it was too little too late. Haven't heard much out of him conversation wise.

Virgil - I honestly have no idea .. he's role playing and having a good old time in his own world. Nothing is sticking out to me about his vote history.

Rating - neutral

Gizzy on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Gizzy yeah, I did say that you might have been cheating due to the strangest of the fact you "knew" ZH was mafia but didn't 100% come out and say it until after he died. And I still question why anyone playing would just reveal that they were mafia in a game they signed up to play. Nothing in your story makes sense to me. I wouldn't tell Buddha that I was mafia if he was playing in a game with me, nor would he tell me if he was. In fact, the only time I learned he was mafia was when he told a friend of ours who blurted it out because she can't keep a secret to save her life. Sorry if I have offended you, but I call things as I see them.

I don't have a Gizzy analysis :(

Steam profile
    After all that .. my vote goes to GG mainly for vote placement on Day 3.
    Would also like to call attention to Lucedes, who seems to be flying under the radar.

And today's count:
    Vote 5 and beyond was the mechanic seer reveal.
    38wz18pjz2u6.png

Day 6 has ended.

All votes and actions at x:59 or earlier will count; any at x:00 or later will not. Narration up in about a half hour.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited July 2017
    corv's analysis:
    corvidae- super awesome, drives a solid gold rocket car, dislikes alabamians.

everyone else:
    xzNx8TH.jpg

seriously though, if narration doesn't give alignment, and there are thralls and millers, or our seering is unreliable or paranoid, i don't see how this would be winnable for the village.

if gizzy shows up colorless, disc,lostninja and segatai deserve a look.

also, 1 hour left in my double shift. 15 songs left, time to get drunk.

corvidae on
    corv's analysis:
    corvidae- super awesome, drives a solid gold rocket car, dislikes alabamians.

everyone else:
    xzNx8TH.jpg

seriously though, if narration doesn't give alignment, and there are thralls and millers, or our seering is unreliable or paranoid, i don't see how this would be winnable for the village.

if gizzy shows up colorless, disc,lostninja and segatai deserve a look.

So anyone who didn't vote with a not seered call?

Going to be honest, totally missed there was a seer call

PSN SeGaTai
    also, people who have been "paled" are unaware of it.

Oh, awesome. Don't worry guys, I'm sure this'll be easy to figure out. :P

camo_sig2-400.png
    Day 7: Color Burst

One more day, and more of the expected outcomes. For the citizens of the Plenair District, it seemed like there were more people with Pale characteristics than not. Despite Gizzy being taken in by the guards, the pace of the Colorless advance was not affected. Grunt's Ghosts was the latest victim of the invaders, and they continued to grow in strength.

Eliminated Players
    Gizzy
    Grunt's Ghosts

Day 7 closes Monday, July 17, 10PM PDT / Tuesday, July 18, 1AM EDT / 5AM UTC.

4463rwiq7r47.png