As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

George Romero has died

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    He'll be back, just a little hungrier.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Met him a couple times at conventions. Loved most his work. Pretty sad. 77 does not seem that old in this day and age.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I wouldn't have my handle without him.
    RIP

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    :(

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Aw, that sucks.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I did not realize he was 77

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    This stinks. My internet foruming days started because of him and Resident Evil. RIP

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Man, 77 doesn't seem that old, but the dude accomplished a lot in the time he was given. Very few people can say that they basically completely altered the face of modern pop culture, but he sure as hell did.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Night through Day are some of my all time favorites.

George was an awesome guy. RIP :(

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i loved george romero

he spent his entire career looking like a grampa so i never really realized how old he was

can't really think of a movie of his that i didn't walk away from digging part of

knightriders, creepshow, bruiser, monkey shines

plus he co-created one of my favorite tv shows of all time: tales from the darkside

i'm gonna stop now because i really don't want to make this a post about me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    George Romero was great. It's sad to know he's gone.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aww jeez, Romero's stuff was such a part of my childhood.

Day of the Dead was the first zombie movie I ever snuck out late at night to watch as a kid.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Rip in peace Georgie.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=komxaWgJ8O4

I grew up watching a lot of horror. This sequence still sticks out to me on the shortlist of things that kinda freaked out my childhood self.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    GeorgeRomero_zpsbe826473.jpg

I was soooo glad to meet George a few years ago at my local Con. This was the man whose movies made me who I am today (shit). I saw Night of the Living Dead at 2am, when I was about 8 years old. Scared the hell out of me. Thanks George for all the great movies!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I do not like horror but the sheer spectrum of zombie games I've played would not exist without this man.

Rest in Peace, George.

Seriously.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Dude defined a genre and was regarded a legend in life before his death among his peers. I grew up with the "Of the Dead" films growing up so he was one of my early influences in horror. Sad to hear he died but his influence will be long felt and remembered. From the spin offs like Return of the Living Dead to Call of Duty basing an entire Zombie map pack off him. He influenced generations of zombie material.

And considering he hasn't risen and consumed thy flesh I can only assume two things to be true. There is still room in hell or heaven opened their gates to him.

RIP Mr. Romero

Now if you excuse me I guess I got a zombie movie marathon to watch and get explicitly drunk to.