As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Gardinex

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Gardinex

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I didn't get fully get the middle panel until a minute or so after. Now I wish I still hadn't.

• Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Either the perspective is weird, or that doctor is really short

• Options
    nettleflapnettleflap Registered User new member
    This one is really good, made me laugh :)

• Options
    Jakk FrostJakk Frost Registered User regular
    I've been noticing this for quite a while now; You know you're getting older when you no longer get the gaming references...

If I had to hazard a complete guess, I'd say it has something to do with some piece of gear (or ability tier or something like that) that, when equipped, occasionally procs a special attack or buff. Something "limit break" style, or like filling up a rage bar to unleash said special attack.

How far off base am I?

• Options
    ZovokaZovoka Registered User regular
    Destiny 2 Hype!

• Options
    AkamarAkamar Registered User regular
    Either the perspective is weird, or that doctor is really short

Bit of a, bit of b? Those stupid beds have a step up.

• Options
    FeefafoozleFeefafoozle Registered User regular
    This was pure gold. Well done.

• Options
    Hawk oneHawk one Registered User regular
    For people saying the doctor's really short...

I just made a bit of a cut-and-paste that basically starts at their seats (as in bottom of butt and thighs) and the top of basically hair and helmet, respectively.

And it looks like the rather oversized helmet is in fact accounting for the majority of the height difference. They're not really very different in height at all; and that's before considering that the doctor might be a bit further in the background.

But signatures don't really work, do they?
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Jakk Frost wrote: »
    I've been noticing this for quite a while now; You know you're getting older when you no longer get the gaming references...

If I had to hazard a complete guess, I'd say it has something to do with some piece of gear (or ability tier or something like that) that, when equipped, occasionally procs a special attack or buff. Something "limit break" style, or like filling up a rage bar to unleash said special attack.

How far off base am I?
    Your super is one of your abilities in Destiny. It charges slowly over time, and also gets filled up faster by killing enemies. You activate it yourself by pressing the left and right bumpers as opposed to it proccing, though. So not too far off base, I guess.
    And the stuff about not being able to use it anymore is due to the start of Destiny 2 having you cut off from the source of your powers.

• Options
    wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    This strip works for me on so many levels.

I get the Destiny reference, well done.

And I'm currently dealing with a kidney stone, and have had conversations with doctors recently that were rather close to this.

Not sure I'm the target audience they were going for, but still I appreciate it.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That doctor is awesome.

Hope they use that doctor again. Anytime they need a doctor.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It seems they're flirting with dreaded continuity by extending this particular super metaphor.
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2016/05/06/nuance

steam_sig.png