As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Colorless - Finale: A Full Palette

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Hrm... Gizzy was faded out too.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Hard to tell from the narration if Gizzy was colorless or not though. "Despite Gizzy being taken in..." sounds like yes, but "...the pace of the Colorless advance was not affected" sounds like no.

How do people feel about the "Mafia can pale people leading the vote to create confusion" theory?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Whelp, I'm lost.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    join the crowd.

• Options
    Is the host a valid vote target?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    Is the host a valid vote target?
    No. If you're talking about this particular host, a vote will be valid when he (I) is a player in a different game.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    That'd be some "you can just petrify Tiamat to win the fight in one turn in Final Fantasy I"* type shit if a host ran a game where you could vote them out as a hidden wincon. Maybe if the game wanted to have a non-violence theme like Undertale.

*or cast Cure three times on Dark King in FF Mystic Quest to win the game

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Lucedes.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    wait, no no no, i can at least vote for LostNinja with a clear conscience.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Gizzy actually works for me today. If being pale isn't correlated with being mafia (which I don't believe is the case), then maybe HER colour will shed light on things.

Cythraul
    I don't think we learned anything.
    I believe it was as she had always said, ZH was mafia, she was villager, and we wasted a day's vote.
    And I think we were led to kill her.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Annd Cythraul didn't push the vote on Gizzy the day before.

I dunno.
    I don't know why we voted Gizzy out.

discrider on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    How many people are left? Would the game be over if we haven't killed mafia yet?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    So if ZH was mafia, and he died just like Gizzy did, do you wanna assume:

A) she was wrong
    B) they were both mafia
    C) ???

I'm going with C.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    How many people are left? Would the game be over if we haven't killed mafia yet?

Right?!

Steam
  • Options
    So how do you guys wanna proceed? I can see three possibilities (like, for real):

Gizzy was wrong, ZH was pulling her leg and she fed us incorrect info that she THOUGHT was correct the whole game and now we're screwed?

Gizzy was right, ZH was mafia and we can't trust any of the results we've seen so far?

Gizzy was lying and was also mafia, and that the pale are in fact mafia despite narration and seer results suggesting otherwise?

If it's the first, we're boned. Like, throw in the towel and let's have some cake.
    If it's the second, we're boned. I don't see how we're supposed to solve anything running THIS blind.
    If it's the third, then the last 1-2 mafia are our "seer" and possibly the other person that the seer is claiming came back pale.

Steam
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    We've already seen that the mafia can play with colors. I'm leaning towards Gizzy was right. I don't think we're screwed, but I think its going to be very hard to win.

I find your lack of faith disturbing, Cythraul.

I'd also be fine with kime. Since they were both leading the pack on the Gizzy thing.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    We've already seen that the mafia can play with colors. .

You mean the way they kill people?

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    We've already seen that the mafia can play with colors.

???

When was this proven? That's basically been what we've been arguing about ALL GAME!

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

11 left, starting with 24, so 5? mafia to start, so if we haven't gotten a mafia yet and miss today I would think it's over, still winable is perfect from here on out.

But between the whole zh/gizzy thing I would expect us to have had to have killed at least one mafia or there are so many crossed wires I don't know where to proceed

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    We've already seen that the mafia can play with colors.

???

When was this proven? That's basically been what we've been arguing about ALL GAME!

This is the assumption I've been running with since we first saw a Pale coloration show up.

• Options
    You had no issue voting for Gizzy yesterday.

Steam
  • Options
    I have to get back to work here, I'll check in later!

Steam
  • Options
    The fuck? ... Seriously? Every time I come back from my shiny new game, something bonkers is happening.

Fine, Gizzy to end this discussion one way or the other.

This is not "I'm fine with this." This is "we need to end this distraction or we're gonna lose."

• Options
    Corvidae, are you a standard seer or a death seer? I'm not sure how this was ever winnable for the village if it's not the latter if we can't trust colors on death.

I was sure that the faded were our mafia, but with Gizzy showing up that way, I'm not as sure about that now. It's really hard to believe she was mafia given how much work she put in last night with typing out individual vote histories (which I assume we all verified our own) while it was obvious she was going to get voted out and it wouldn't save her.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Going to be honest, totally missed there was a seer call

There was a seer call?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    OooooooooooooooooooO
    https://youtu.be/O4irXQhgMqg
    OooooooooooooooooooO

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Going to be honest, totally missed there was a seer call

There was a seer call?

The call specifically was something like "Seer says pale != mafia, but Gizzy said it did, therefore Gizzy is probably evil"

At this point I think we have to accept the fact that our dead list contains death millers*. It seems the most likely scenario, the mafia tag people as being death millers.

Tomorrow, we either kill a mafia "for sure" and we can update this theory, or we the game continues and the theory is supported, or we lose and :rotate:

Death millers make things a whole bunch harder. We can't necessarily look at each dead "mafia" and analyze their votes (since they could be village), but on the flipside we have to do it to some degree or we have barely any information :(

*Death millers are those who are village, but die looking like mafia. It's the most plausible explanation to explain Gizzy's actions imo.

Steam profile
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    So either the seer is unreliable or Gizzy was embellishing a bit.

• Options
    So either the seer is unreliable or Gizzy was embellishing a bit.

Or death millers....

Steam profile
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    The fuck? ... Seriously? Every time I come back from my shiny new game, something bonkers is happening.

Fine, Gizzy to end this discussion one way or the other.

This is not "I'm fine with this." This is "we need to end this distraction or we're gonna lose."

I mean, "This is a useful source of discussion where otherwise people would be saying nothing", that we can use to vet people
    is more how I feel about it.

The host's response has pretty much confirmed that they wont tell us if narration is useful for finding mafia,
    so we pretty much can't rely on narration unless someone knows what's the deal with color. (mafia or specials)

Gizzy's death cleared nothing up for me, other than we probably took out a villager, who took out a mafia publicly.

At a certain point we have to look at what people are saying and decide for ourselves if they are lying.
    That feels like the sole metric we got. So you can disagree with me on if Gizzy was truthful, but I'm leaning the other way.

Mikey CTS
    for now, for anti-gizzy / anti-discussion

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    OooooooooooooooooooO
    https://youtu.be/O4irXQhgMqg
    OooooooooooooooooooO

God damn it I was going to link that exact video if I got killed off. Get out of my head GG! :P

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Oh, also, sorry for being inactive yesterday.
    Fell asleep and woke up the next day.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    the cythraul vote is a bad one.

i'm okay with mikey cts

• Options
    Oh, also, sorry for being inactive yesterday.
    Fell asleep and woke up the next day.

Sleeping

Sounds like a mafia trait.

Steam profile
  • Options
    who needs sleep when you have mocha frappuccinos?

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I was thinking the Cythraul was mafia, but have been less suspicious of them the last couple of days due to activity.

I haven't formed a solid opinion of Mikey yet either, but have been leaning mafia and am okay with that vote.

Going to put a vote on Lucedes for now because they've been flying under the radar the past few days after trying too hard on day 2.

• Options
    Ugh, we have no good leads today.

Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    LostNinja was my hunch yesterday so I'll put that in, but yea no good leads and its quite possible the mafia are significant enough that I'm skeptical of the most casual of wagon since it's easy for them to float out names and wait for any of them to get some traction

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I think that gives us a three way tie with me, Cythraul, and Mikey all at 2 votes apiece.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    I think that gives us a three way tie with me, Cythraul, and Mikey all at 2 votes apiece.

:(

Mikey I guess

Steam profile