As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Word limit?

CarnalStateCarnalState Registered User regular
Hi! I want to share a story in Writers' Well but it's way too long. What would be the appropriate way to share other than breaking it up into many posts? Cheers. (I read the rules but am not sure what to follow in this case).

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Rewrite it to make it shorter.

• Options
    Yes, I feel that's quite obvious. I suppose I should ask, is it totally frowned upon to post a link to a full version? I only asked because I am new to the forums and don't want to screw up my account.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    How long are you looking at? It may be worth considering that for a novel, the right audience to workshop might not be a webforum. The investment of time required is considerable.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Post an excerpt. If you're able to identify and provide a section that you have specific questions about or concerns with, you'll get eager help. If not, a workshop is not for you - you're looking for an audience.

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you both, the word count is right under 10,000. I know that's huge and unable to post fully on the forum. I will try posting a beginning section as an excerpt. I definitely have questions and concerns about the work so I still think it'd be worth putting out there.

• Options
    I think this has been solved btw, not sure how to shut it down.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    A mod may come around and lock it, or it will just drop off the front page as new threads come up.