As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Omeganauts, are you ready?

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Omegathon calls are going out today! pay attention to your phones!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Will this be the year I finally get the call? Nah, probably not... but I'll continue to dream.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Will this be the year I finally get the call? Nah, probably not... but I'll continue to dream.

The calls finally going out are a double edge sword. Until the calls start we are all potential Omeganauts and can dream of the glorious combat, but once the calls have finished and our phones have not rang the crushing reality of the situation will set in and we will find ourselves on the outside watching the fun. Anyways, good luck to all!

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    Anybody receive a call yet? Geeking out over here

• Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    What's the most pandering things anyone has written for "anything you want to say" section? I usually make a failed attempt at being witty. Maybe a haiku.

• Options
    Every pax I keep thinking you've already been an omeganaut, and then you keep making this post. Maybe I'll eventually be right.

• Options
    shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Call received! So calls are indeed going out... good luck to those still waiting! :biggrin:

Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    shugarae wrote: »
    Call received! So calls are indeed going out... good luck to those still waiting! :biggrin:

Grrrr. Will be happy for you tomorrow or todayif iget a call

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Every pax I keep thinking you've already been an omeganaut, and then you keep making this post. Maybe I'll eventually be right.

I will post salty comments in these threads until it happens, don't you worry!

• Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    This year I got smart and put down my Google Voice number (so I'll actually answer the phone from an unknown number). Of course, they won't call, so...

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    some year it will be mine...some year..maybe after we stop having repeats LOL (no not bitter. I know its random)

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I look forward to the fresh crop of vic- *hem* Friends.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I know one of the new Omeganauts!! :biggrin: I'll let him post for himself, but I'm REALLY excited to watch him compete this year!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    One-time forum goer as newly minted Omeganaut reporting in!

Been going to PAX for a while and switched to the dark side (Enforcing) a while ago, so this will be a little different for me.

• Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    Been going to PAX Prime since I found it when I was vacationing in Seattle in '08. Yeah back then I just walked up and bought a ticket to get in on Sunday...
    Have signed up for Omeganaut every year since, still no calls :(

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    No call this year for me. Oh well, good luck Omeganauts!

• Options
    Durinthal wrote: »
    One-time forum goer as newly minted Omeganaut reporting in!

Been going to PAX for a while and switched to the dark side (Enforcing) a while ago, so this will be a little different for me.
    Nice! Good luck!

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    What's the most pandering things anyone has written for "anything you want to say" section? I usually make a failed attempt at being witty. Maybe a haiku.

The first time I ever filled it out, in 10 years of PAXes, was for South this year. I was just completely earnest about wanting to do it, and lo and behold...

• Options
    JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular

I went with some classic Ralph Wiggum this time... That being said they did not "Choo-Choo-Choose Me." Good luck to our 2017 West Omega's!

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • Options
    R0naId RayGunR0naId RayGun Seattle WARegistered User regular
    I got the call. Super stoked to meet everyone and play some games!

• Options
    DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    What's the most pandering things anyone has written for "anything you want to say" section?

I put the same thing I have for the past couple of years: "I was called once before and failed to answer then, but will not miss the next time."

Travis remarked on that when he called me, told me I indeed did not miss it this time.

• Options
    That is great. I put something along the lines of "I have never been a PC in D&D, I have DM'd from the beginning. Also, I once took a bath at a party."

• Options
    I swear, if they mario me for the final round again, I'll just resign there.

• Options
    Mighty wrote: »
    I swear, if they mario me for the final round again, I'll just resign there.

I struggle with Mario as well, we will go down together.

• Options
    DarkphibreDarkphibre Photographer / Programmer / Data Scientist / Gamer Registered User regular
    Got the call last week! I've spent all the prior PAX Primes running around taking photographs. Given Omeganaut status, I'm guessing that this year I'll be focusing a bit less on pictures and more on the social interaction.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a grand time. :)

Gamertag: Darkphibre, or Me for Halo! darkphibre.com, flickr

Dark Fibre: Fiberoptic cable placed in anticipation of future demand

7z9qpxgpj3ha.png
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    OH SHIT SON, things are getting REAL.

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    We got the list the other day. and It's kind of insane.

• Options
    ShivinShivin OregonRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    We got the list the other day. and It's kind of insane.

This is the year that Mighty wins it!

r3a9obz7nxdg.png