As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] Ya'll need to sign up for this tournament, though

1939495969799»

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Has anyone guessed Fel Reaver yet?

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    I'd like to see Zeratul used a bit more in the tournament next week. I think the only time we've seen him is when I grabbed him in game one of the first Mutator Tournament. We see a ton of Valla, Falstad and Li-Ming, and Zeratul essentially hard-counters each one -- those characters all have low health and rely on mobility cooldowns to escape. Because Zeratul has such high burst damage (4.5k at level 20 with his Rewind combo, which is WW,Q,E, Vorpal Blade, Rewind, WW, Q, E to safety) and even greater mobility (he can chase them after they escape with Vorpal Blade and then E to safety after the pick-off), there's essentially nothing they can do to him. Even if the other team does get the upper hand on him, he can just drop a Void Prison to reset the encounter.

I'd also like to see Auriel banned more frequently, because several teams have leveraged her to tremendous success. People like to ban out @kime 's Abathur, but then he just hits you with Gul'dan / Auriel, and you're just as fucked as you were before. Maybe even more-so. Auriel also combos well with Valla. who we see frequently. I just honestly think she's one of the more impactful bans at this point in our tournaments. Partly because she sets up for powerful combos, and partly because dive-heavy / initiation comps aren't something we see much of in the PA drafts because a lot of folks are working with fairly limited hero pools.

I got one zera game in the last tournament and we won (coincidence?). Did take me most of the match to shake off the rust with him and land better voids

PSN SeGaTai
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Has anyone guessed Fel Reaver yet?

Make it an assassin with stealth. :P

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I still would like it to be either Vashj or Magtheridon but I sadly know it's going to be Akama

Hmm why would it autocorrect to that?

Brainleech on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    What if blizzard went high concept and this isn't a tease? That IS the new hero, the Dark Portal. Its release will coincide with Medivh's rework, whcih removes all portal-related content from his kit.

YL9WnCY.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Trait: Now You're Thinking With Portals - Your allies' hearthstone is now instant cast. You also cannot leave the altar, because you are a portal.

Q: Mobile Minions - move a group of minions from one lane to another.

W: Medivh's W - This is literally the same skill as Medivh's except it can be cast anywhere. There is still a max range on the distance between the two portals.

E: The Structure Shuffle - Move a structure to another lane. The destination lane must already have the corresponding structure destroyed.

R1: Malevolent Portal - Move an enemy hero to anywhere on the map.
    R2: Outland Vacation - Banish an enemy hero to Outland for 10s, which is super boring for them because the content is way outdated when compared to modern WoW design philsophy.

YL9WnCY.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Dibby wrote: »
    Have a twitter link, y'alls!

hashtag mysterious...................

It's about time they added an Arrakoa.

I bet it will be Medivh, or probably Gul'dan. I haven't played in a while, but they seem the most likely.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I'd like to see Zeratul used a bit more in the tournament next week. I think the only time we've seen him is when I grabbed him in game one of the first Mutator Tournament. We see a ton of Valla, Falstad and Li-Ming, and Zeratul essentially hard-counters each one -- those characters all have low health and rely on mobility cooldowns to escape. Because Zeratul has such high burst damage (4.5k at level 20 with his Rewind combo, which is WW,Q,E, Vorpal Blade, Rewind, WW, Q, E to safety) and even greater mobility (he can chase them after they escape with Vorpal Blade and then E to safety after the pick-off), there's essentially nothing they can do to him. Even if the other team does get the upper hand on him, he can just drop a Void Prison to reset the encounter.

I'd also like to see Auriel banned more frequently, because several teams have leveraged her to tremendous success. People like to ban out @kime 's Abathur, but then he just hits you with Gul'dan / Auriel, and you're just as fucked as you were before. Maybe even more-so. Auriel also combos well with Valla. who we see frequently. I just honestly think she's one of the more impactful bans at this point in our tournaments. Partly because she sets up for powerful combos, and partly because dive-heavy / initiation comps aren't something we see much of in the PA drafts because a lot of folks are working with fairly limited hero pools.

I'm probably not in this tourney, so you can plan on using the Abathur ban for Auriel instead :P
    kime wrote: »

I'm probably not in this tourney, so you can plan on using the Abathur ban for Auriel instead :P

Nooo! Leave Auriel alone! She is the most mechanically interesting support who is always fun to watch or play. You wouldn't want everyone to be bored, would you?

Seriously through, the meta support right now is uther who is OP right now and the only hero at 100% pick/ban rate in the pro scene right now. No other hero can just negate so much damage coming in and contribute hard CC. I've heard people claim that he's weak to poke but his healing output is actually not that bad. We really didn't have people play dedicated poke heroes aside from li-Ming last time. If you're going to blind ban a hero, uther or anub are probably still the best band.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

is SMOrc boyz

the always have fiery win axe on turn 2 boyz

the always go face even if the face plays taunt boyz
    those are hearthstone references for those not in the know

it's garrosh, maybe???

I WILL CRUSH YOU

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Can we just get someone that isn't 10k gold when come out? How about more 7k or 4k heroes?

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Ugh.... it'd be great if it WASN'T another Orc

Tauren, blood elf, ANYTHING horde other than another Orc...

I mean, a giant Taurent that swings a tree at you would be cool...
    300px-Cairne_totems.jpg?version=d9b1d2ea88798d9ae9b8b97aa14f12db

Or one of those war turtle guys... those were great!
    275px-War_Kodo.png?version=69bd83a0e6d3269ed63e6056cb67fee7

ed: kodo, not turtle...

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Dibby wrote: »

is SMOrc boyz

the always have fiery win axe on turn 2 boyz

the always go face even if the face plays taunt boyz
    those are hearthstone references for those not in the know

it's garrosh, maybe???

I WILL CRUSH YOU

Ah, so it's 100% Garrosh. I said to myself yesterday if it was him, next tease would be of Orgrimmar (I should have said it here :P). I was actually pretty much thinking that it was going to be him after looking at the shadowy figure since it fit him very well (it was clearly bald, but that could have also been just them not drawing a lot of detail on it, being a shadow and all).

Next tease will probably be that throne room underground in SoO with the heart hanging overhead, or something along those lines. (if there is another tease, I guess tomorrow is Friday)

Edit: One of his ults better be to summon an Iron Star :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Ugh.... it'd be great if it WASN'T another Orc

Tauren, blood elf, ANYTHING horde other than another Orc...

I mean, a giant Taurent that swings a tree at you would be cool...
    Or one of those war turtle guys... those were great!

Not just that, but why THAT orc? The douchiest orc that's ever orc'd in quite some time. I'd get over Grom though still wish it was someone else ... but the "True Horde, only orcs are cool, the rest of you suck and I'm going to drop a bomb on Theramore cause LUL WAR"

Just ... UGH. I still hated that they put HIM as the Warrior guy in Hearthstone as that is LITERALLY what keeps me from ever trying warrior for long. I could buy the Dwarf eventually to fix it but I KNOW he's there ... and now with the new Cards in that game soon, he always will be.

All of this is personal opinion, obviously, and more venting than anything else. For those that like the guy, if it is him over Grom, grats and all that. Guess I'll enjoy killing him at least ... again. Funny that after a year of his raid in WoW, that part never got old ...

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    There are a lot of orcs I'd prefer over garrosh, but he was an inevitable addition. At least we can get him out of the way I guess.

If you really want to stretch it any of the old guard could still fit. They came through the dark portal and reside in orgrimmar. Not going to really buy into that, but still.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Plus side: I can demand that we play an all-orc team in QM now, and it won't be imbalanced.

When's the price drop on Stukov? I haven't been motivated enough to get 15k even for him.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Faaaaaart. Garrosh is by far the least interesting option :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    god what a bunch of tilt infusing losses this morning

fuck healing, i'm never healing pubbies again, so goddam pointless

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    dav3yb wrote: »
    Can we just get someone that isn't 10k gold when come out? How about more 7k or 4k heroes?

New heroes are always 15k->10k after 2 weeks.

They haven't price dropped a hero since 2.0 though afaik.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Also hopefully it's Grom not Garrosh but I think it's gonna be Garrosh.

god what a bunch of tilt infusing losses this morning

fuck healing, i'm never healing pubbies again, so goddam pointless

@Dibby

QUICK, DIBBY!! PLAY A GAME NOW WHILE HIS POSITIVITY IS GONE!!!

Here's what I still don't get with it being Garrosh.

Garrosh doesn't seem to fit the first spoiler at ALL.

... unless, in truth, the spoiler isn't one character but the next two? Garrosh has jack all to do with the dark portal coming into Azeroth, ya know?

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

So, if it is one of them dirty orc warlords or w/e....

Would he be an assassin or tank?
    Or another "bruiser" a-la Sonya?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Nyht wrote: »
    Here's what I still don't get with it being Garrosh.

Garrosh doesn't seem to fit the first spoiler at ALL.

... unless, in truth, the spoiler isn't one character but the next two? Garrosh has jack all to do with the dark portal coming into Azeroth, ya know?

Garrosh lived in Outlands. He was introduced in TBC, then came back through the Dark Portal with Thrall to Orgrimmar.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I would hope tank. When's the last time we got one? Malthael fits as more of a bruiser. Ragnaros was a while ago but he's one too and I can't remember a primary ta k coming out between then and now.

butts
    edited July 2017
    He pretty much has to be a tank. Whether he is a bulky tank or a Sonya type tank, who knows.

I mean, his hearthstone skill is to put on armor :P

Warlock82 on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    He pretty much has to be a tank. Whether he is a bulky tank or a Sonya type tank, who knows.

Garrosh is most likely a full-on main tank, but he'd have made as much sense to multiclass-ify as Varian from what I know.

Though probably not Twin Blades-style damage but more Arms-inspired stuff.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Garrosh is most likely a full-on main tank, but he'd have made as much sense to multiclass-ify as Varian from what I know.

Though probably not Twin Blades-style damage but more Arms-inspired stuff.

And maybe a Heart of Ysarj style dark magic dps guy.

steam_sig.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular

^ I couldn't find it until that link was posted

This discussion has been closed.