As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bobcats incoming!

PavioPavio Registered User regular
Bobcats have started shipping! I'm among the first this year again, and this is the second West that I've lived at my current location. I wonder if it's related and not quite as random as I previously thought.

v6h3hfs2v597.png

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »
    Bobcats have started shipping! I'm among the first this year again, and this is the second West that I've lived at my current location. I wonder if it's related and not quite as random as I previously thought.

This is quite early, still 6 weeks out. I'm happy with that of course.

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Well this is early for tickets being sent out. Can't wait to get mine!

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I felt like it was early... But I thought maybe it's because I'm so used to being one of the later waves of badge shipments xD

But the important question... When do I get my blanket...?! I hope to be able to bring it with me :)

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    jdwjdw Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Are badges shipped alphabetically? I always seem to be one of the last to receive them.

jdw on
    TylKYeQ.png
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    jdw wrote: »
    Are badges shipped alphabetically? I always seem to be one of the last receive them.

My first and last name start with letters in the middle of the alphabet. I heard a theory that it was based on badge count? My group got enough that I only had to purchase for myself.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Fingers crossed I don't have issues with mine arriving this year!

• Options
    edited July 2017
    jdw wrote: »
    Are badges shipped alphabetically? I always seem to be one of the last to receive them.

I've heard they ship them based on distance from ReedPoP, which is in Connecticut I think.
    I also wonder if this is just "because they could" or if it's to reduce the scalping prices you see. Since more people with badges in hand means more people trying to get rid of extras. And that is easier when you have 5-6 leisurely weeks instead of 2.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    I'm in Canada and I'm normally one of the first to get a shipping notice. I got mine today. I always assumed it was distance related.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I believe international orders tend to be sent out before domestic orders, but other than that I haven't seen a reliable pattern for distance/names/etc.

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    I got my email yesterday at 3!!!! But tracking shows shipping on the 19th lol.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    No email yet but I have learned to be patient. (sort of)

• Options
    Yes, I know I will get them but the wait is killing me! Hopefully I get the email... SOON!

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    Hoping this napkin acts like a Bobcat call or something like that...
    ah1dcc5infuy.jpg
    No email yet :(

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    blindnoirblindnoir Registered User regular
    Ugh, mine is will call. How are the lines for will call Friday morning? Is there an option to get it Thursday night before PAX starts? I know some other cons do that.

• Options
    BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    blindnoir wrote: »
    Ugh, mine is will call. How are the lines for will call Friday morning? Is there an option to get it Thursday night before PAX starts? I know some other cons do that.

According to FAQs:
    Badge pickup will take place at the ticket window of the WSCC from 8:00am - 6:00pm on Thursday, 8:00am - 6:00pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and 8:00am - 6:00pm on Monday. The ticket window can be found in the tunnel on level 1 of the WSCC (behind the mighty fleet of escalators if you enter from the front).

But I can't tell you about lines. Good luck. Can't be as bad/stressful as buying them? :)

PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Lines are probably worse on Friday than on Thursday for Will Call. Make sure you have the confirmation page (with barcode) and photo ID of the purchaser. You'll be able to pick up all of the badges on the order no matter which day you show up.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Already seen some IRL badge pics on Twitter. They're here!!

• Options
    Dr.RocktipusDr.Rocktipus Registered User regular

If you're able to make it to will call on thursday, I highly recommend it. I had to do will-call last year and just went when I landed Thursday morning and just walked up to the window and got my passes.

• Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Got the email at about 10:00 PM yesterday, Bobcats are on their way.

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    Definitely Thursday if you can make it. Also, the line starts long but doesn't sustain. So if you go a bit later in the time it's open, you could wait less.

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    I got mine today.

Looks like they are doing PSX style scanning of badges with rewards. But with a QR code instead of NFC.

The site to register your badges isn't live yet though(PAXXP.com).

• Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    How do they look????

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular

I have been doing Will Call now foe a few years. Never really had a problem going on the Thursday, but I tend to go early so that I can do stuff around Seattle or go over to the Microsoft open house. In general the will call lines arent bad at all kn Thursday.

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular

I have been doing Will Call now foe a few years. Never really had a problem going on the Thursday, but I tend to go early so that I can do stuff around Seattle or go over to the Microsoft open house. In general the will call lines arent bad at all kn Thursday.

Same experience here. I do will call every year and i pick them up on thursday during lunch and lines are always super short

• Options
    edited July 2017
    <Wrong thread>

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Does the merch you bought on registration come with the badges? I bought the dice and scarf.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    krae_man wrote: »
    I got mine today.

Looks like they are doing PSX style scanning of badges with rewards. But with a QR code instead of NFC.

The site to register your badges isn't live yet though(PAXXP.com).

They did this at East. There are sponsored prize scanners scattered throughout the convention that you can go up to and scan once a day to see if you won what is in the display box.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Does the merch you bought on registration come with the badges? I bought the dice and scarf.

Nope. They ship separately. My badge arrived today.

I want my blanket xD

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Got off work early AND got my email that my Bobcats are coming. Yay!

CKing on
  • Options
    Just got the email! They are on the way!!

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    incoming, but my tracking # still says it isn't can't be found. I figure that will change today.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    FourT2FourT2 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Got shipping confirmation too! Excited! This will be my 8th PAX Prime (West) in a row.

pg1lub26cgqx.png
  • Options
    RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Bobcats have arrived!

tw787Xr.png

• Options
    Bobcats are here! And with 38 days left until hubby and I fly to Seattle. Calm feels.

• Options
    P.D.B. FishsticksP.D.B. Fishsticks Ohio, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I got mine today as well! (Southwest Ohio)

P.D.B. Fishsticks on
  • Options
    RedtailRedtail Registered User regular
    Oregon here, badges have arrived and I am excited

• Options
    kangaroobanditkangaroobandit Registered User regular
    Redtail wrote: »
    Oregon here, badges have arrived and I am excited

I live in Oregon as well, should receive mine Monday hopefully!!!

• Options
    blindnoirblindnoir Registered User regular
    ctiwolf wrote: »

Same experience here. I do will call every year and i pick them up on thursday during lunch and lines are always super short

I don't fly into Seattle until a bit after 5PM. Doubt I'll make it there in time. Guess I'll try to get there nice and early Friday Morning.

• Options
    nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Bobcats arrived in SW Washington!

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    helen0rzhelen0rz Registered User regular
    bobcat arrived on Saturday (22nd), North Texas!

48vla9t2j9ff.png