As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    normally it does start on a friday, i cant remember why but they had some reason for choosing a thursday this time around

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    they said it was to be able to hotfix any issues before the weekend on their twitter

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I should do a barbarian or monk or something

The problem is melee range is for suckers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty much a casual player who likes to kill monsters over and over mindlessly. With that in mind, what is this talk of doing the season on specific classes? Is there a reason to pick one over the other? Where do I find such information?

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    I'm surprised at how fun the starting pet set and spec is for the Necro. Was expecting to hate it after playing helltooth and zuni gargs for a bit last season. Being able to control skeleton's targets and resummoning the mages as needed makes for much a funner class.

Plus bone golem active looks amazing. I don't use the golem currently but did while levelling for a while just for the look of the animation. Some of the other spells and animations look great too. Blood rush seems to port over quite a few obstacles which makes clearing zones like the jails fast.

Necro seems really fun so far. Don't think I could go back to Witch Doctor pet specs after this.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty much a casual player who likes to kill monsters over and over mindlessly. With that in mind, what is this talk of doing the season on specific classes? Is there a reason to pick one over the other? Where do I find such information?

Because the season is a limited time thing, most people that I've seen tend to focus on playing a single seasonal character per season. That way they don't have to worry about gearing up multiple characters for optimal performance to push into the higher rifts and get bigger numbers.
    Not really any reason to pick one class over another beyond what you feel like playing.
    You can get more information on the seasonal rewards here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20845160/

• Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Because the season is a limited time thing, most people that I've seen tend to focus on playing a single seasonal character per season. That way they don't have to worry about gearing up multiple characters for optimal performance to push into the higher rifts and get bigger numbers.
    Not really any reason to pick one class over another beyond what you feel like playing.
    You can get more information on the seasonal rewards here: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20845160/

Is it just me that finds it really frustrating that they don't link the list of reward sets to their pages on the armory? I mean, to me, a filthy casual, I just want to compare all the set bonuses since that is what I'm aiming towards.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    exis wrote: »

Is it just me that finds it really frustrating that they don't link the list of reward sets to their pages on the armory? I mean, to me, a filthy casual, I just want to compare all the set bonuses since that is what I'm aiming towards.

On the in-game pop up when I just loaded for the first time this season, I was able to scroll through each set and see the stats and the cosmetic. I chose Monk because i thought it looked the best, although there were a couple close runners up.

• Options
    BladeXBladeX Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    I'm surprised at how fun the starting pet set and spec is for the Necro. Was expecting to hate it after playing helltooth and zuni gargs for a bit last season. Being able to control skeleton's targets and resummoning the mages as needed makes for much a funner class.

Plus bone golem active looks amazing. I don't use the golem currently but did while levelling for a while just for the look of the animation. Some of the other spells and animations look great too. Blood rush seems to port over quite a few obstacles which makes clearing zones like the jails fast.

Necro seems really fun so far. Don't think I could go back to Witch Doctor pet specs after this.

It's so much fun, I held off touching one until the season. Setting off an exploding corpse that just keeps chain reacting halfway across the damn map never gets old. I was giggling at one point.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Necromancer turns this game into a mix of Where's Waldo and Michael Bay's weirdest wet dream. Between my skellymans, skellyman archers, and flesh golem on the screen mixed with all the enemies, I can't barely tell where I am most of the time. Then I start exploding corpses, and elsewhere Mr. Bay's nipples get super hard and he doesn't know why.

I'm in explosiontown and I love it. It's like flavortown, only more explodey.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2017
    Got the skeleton mage ring from my first 150 blood shards. :rotate:

edit: on a lowbie necro, that is. Guess I'm wearing it until 70 and then cubing it.

Echo on
  • Options
    SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    I leveled a Necro to 52 last night before calling it quits. I normally detest the seasonal leveling process and always try to leech a powerlevel, but Necro is still new enough that I enjoyed trying out new skills as I progressed. It's nice to have a new class to play after 2500+ hours of the other 6.

My first 2 legendary drops last night were Leoric's Crown and Leoric's Signet and I thought "Awesome! Now I'll get to 70 way ahead of all y'all muthafuckas!" But honestly I never pulled a single level ahead of my pub group, who all started at level 1 with me. Pretty disappointing, but I'll be 70 soon enough.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Necro is pretty damn fun so far, at least until I start getting into high grifts and am forced into a pigeonhole spec to be viable.

I notice there's a crafting materials tab now, it's about damn time.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I feel like Leoric's Crown has a 100% drop rate or something. I've never had him not drop it for me. Not that I'm complaining, it's just kinda weird that I can count on always getting that one.

Also, what are the odds that we'll get a Diablo IV announcement sometime in the next year? I know HotS, Hearthstone, and Overwatch are all doing very well for Blizzard so I'm not sure how motivated they are on cranking out another Diablo, but I'm ready for more! Necro is a good addition, as is seasons on consoles, but I'm ready for a completely new game.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don;t think I have a single character that didn;t get Leoric's Crown as the first legendary.

• Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    100% drop rate from story mode after level....18? They've changed it a couple times. They seemed to be dropping like candy even in adventure mode yesterday so I'm sure it has some sort of boosted percentage in general.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    100% drop rate from story mode after level....18? They've changed it a couple times. They seemed to be dropping like candy even in adventure mode yesterday so I'm sure it has some sort of boosted percentage in general.

Yeah, I don't play story mode anymore and i still get the thing all the time.

• Options
    I once got a Leoric's crown that didn't have a socket in it because it dropped at such a low level.
    Pretty sure that remains my favorite legendary ever.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I feel like Leoric's Crown has a 100% drop rate or something. I've never had him not drop it for me. Not that I'm complaining, it's just kinda weird that I can count on always getting that one.

Also, what are the odds that we'll get a Diablo IV announcement sometime in the next year? I know HotS, Hearthstone, and Overwatch are all doing very well for Blizzard so I'm not sure how motivated they are on cranking out another Diablo, but I'm ready for more! Necro is a good addition, as is seasons on consoles, but I'm ready for a completely new game.

They very obviously added more slots for games the other day in a patch..

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    At least two of those will be for Destiny 2 and the StarCraft remaster.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    woo new season, new class!

So what's like.. the fastest way these days to get a new season character from level 1 to 70?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »

So what's like.. the fastest way these days to get a new season character from level 1 to 70?

Join the PA chat.
    Put some pizza rolls in the oven.
    Ask to be power leveled.
    Marvel that you're level 70 before your pizza rolls are done cooking.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I should do a barbarian or monk or something

The problem is melee range is for suckers

solution: throw boulders

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

Join the PA chat.
    Ask to be power leveled.

so.. i'm lvl 70 now.

THANKS @HexDex

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

Join the PA chat.
    Ask to be power leveled.

This sounds relevant to my interests. I'm in my own clan with RL friends but I didn't realize there was a PA community. Awesome. Hopefully the toddler behaves at bed time and I'll get some time to hop in tonight.

• Options
    Well pretty sure my eyes are bleeding but hit level 70 after beating Diablo on a bounty, seemed really appropriate.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Ok, got my wizard up to 70, got Tal-Rasha's, got the energy twister sword so currently running a twister focused build and am ready to enter t6. All in all, a pretty good start to the season.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    OK, this is getting annoying. My game is still acting like it's disconnected, then realizing it's not, and everything catches up. This can last a few minutes or DC me for real. Here's the end of a freeze:

https://youtu.be/0kE_lXDGLYI

Any ideas? Just my network connection lately? Gremlins?

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    It's been so long since I've played one seasonally but how hard would it be to grind out conquests and such to reach the stash tab in the current season on a witch doctor compared to a demon hunter? I've got tabs maxed already so it doesn't matter much but I've got it in my head I at least need to hit that part of the journey again.

Figured if it's at least semi close I'd do witch doctor and necro rather than another season of demon hunter then switching to necro now that I'm back in town and can play again.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Man, I just... I can't believe I'm already feeling done with this season.

Necro is so fun to level, and a lot of it's skills are enjoyable, but it's set and item design is horrendous. It's even worse than I thought now that I don't have my nonseason paragon levels to make up for shortcomings.

Running around getting one shot with 20k toughness when you have enough damage to mow through gr75+ is just wrong.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Got the set with my necro. Do I keep dicking around with this dude or load up something else and do it all over again..

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    were there any meaningful changes to necro from the beta? debating if I want to play something else for the season or do a necro again.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    So would it be worth running seasons on a necro or should I just go with another class (probably either sader or DH)? I still need to get my last tab, but I'm not happy with the options for conquests. The gold one is a pain; especially, since gold piles will despawn after a certain point (don't know if it's time sensitive or based on how many are out) and it's pretty fucking stupid. After that it's finding one of the other ones, if I go DH which would make the gold one easy, that kind of puts the GR 75 out of reach and forces me to find a group to do the rift 10 2 minutes run (absolutely stupid that it isn't kill the RG in two minutes, nope, kill the RG and then talk to the NPC to close the portal, like fuck you blizz, what if there are legendary items I'd like to pick up?).

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    The gold one isn't terrible if you set an Avarice Band + Boon of the Hoarder and then just sail around Ruins of Corvus. (additional +gold% modifiers always help)

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    GR75 on dh should be no problem??

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    So would it be worth running seasons on a necro or should I just go with another class (probably either sader or DH)? I still need to get my last tab, but I'm not happy with the options for conquests. The gold one is a pain; especially, since gold piles will despawn after a certain point (don't know if it's time sensitive or based on how many are out) and it's pretty fucking stupid. After that it's finding one of the other ones, if I go DH which would make the gold one easy, that kind of puts the GR 75 out of reach and forces me to find a group to do the rift 10 2 minutes run (absolutely stupid that it isn't kill the RG in two minutes, nope, kill the RG and then talk to the NPC to close the portal, like fuck you blizz, what if there are legendary items I'd like to pick up?).
    Al_wat wrote: »
    GR75 on dh should be no problem??

Yep, DH can easily clear an 85 with Shadow. The Rift in 2 minutes is easy as well with the DHs. If you have 2 or more you can always run it and still have time to snag the DB and Legendaries that drop from Elites. Best way we found is have one of the two people TP back to town once the Rift Boss pops. Then they can talk to Orek right after the other kills the boss. Then go back and pick up the goodies on the ground. Zero and I have done that one with UE DHs and/or Shadow for the past few seasons.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »

Necro is so fun to level, and a lot of it's skills are enjoyable, but it's set and item design is horrendous. It's even worse than I thought now that I don't have my nonseason paragon levels to make up for shortcomings.

Running around getting one shot with 20k toughness when you have enough damage to mow through gr75+ is just wrong.

The bonestorm build was fun but it's 5 or more grifts south of current meta.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular

Join the PA chat.
    Ask to be power leveled.

so.. i'm lvl 70 now.

THANKS @HexDex

You're welcome! the leveling part of the season sucks rocks. I like helping as many people as I can skip that step.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I hope the rest of the bone armor set drops for my necro, skeleton mage spam is boring even with the ring

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »

This is where I'm at too. I can't get the gear to transition away from my current build but am quite sick of getting one shot. Even playing super careful something jumps on me and I'm dead. Take a tick of freezing orb crystal? Dead. I have over 40m toughness with bone armor at 10 stacks and I just die.

I really enjoy the class abilities but being instagibbed is not fun at all.