As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Thursday, July 20, 2017 - Data

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Thursday, July 20, 2017 - Data

data

Data

http://campcomic.com/comic/448

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• TibxeroTibxero Registered User regular
    I mean.....I found the cat......

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    This comic brought to you by Rick Springfield.
    Rick Springfield "please god, let me be relevant again."

This comic hits close to home, because once when I was a kid, in the middle of the night, my cat attacked my head. I woke up in a literal bloody confusion and cat scratches all over my face and head.

Cats are devious creatures.
    I love them.

• xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    the cat was difficult this time... you almost got me!

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Dangit, Malachi found the cat before me.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Time to wash the sheets and flip the mattress again.

• WolfosoWolfoso Registered User regular
    Guys, help, I can't for the life of me find the cat.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    That comic went from cute, to interesting, to funny, to sad, to hilarious in the space of ten panels. THAT is effcient storytelling!

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    In Camp Dreamdonwancha, cat finds you.

• summener99summener99 Registered User regular
    I found the cat in the last pannel

• FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    Very good. We are enjoying the regular antics of Malachi & co and, here and there, we learn a bit more about the Camp mithos. Well done

• fadinginterestfadinginterest Registered User regular
    I love that the detail of Malachi dream-walking to the main office nearly slips your mind by the time you get to the end of it.

• phillipPborphillipPbor Registered User regular
    what the hell cat! XD

• SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    So Malachai's dad is also his cat?
    And the Camp is run by the Widmore Corporation?

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Je suis Rick Springfield
    Ici dans le bar
    Je suis un chic type
    Qui joue la guitare
    Je suis celui qui suis aux États-unis: un superstar

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I suspect the author here is having fun at all of us coming up with ridiculous theories about what the REAL truth is behind the camp. I'm now willing to accept at face value what we've been told. Parents throw their kids away at a camp run by uncaring people just barely conscientious enough to ship in random drops of supplies.

Dark Jaguar on
  • Charon'sLittleHelperCharon'sLittleHelper Registered User regular
    Malachi's dad is a real pussy. (pun intended)

• Just Some GuyJust Some Guy Registered User new member
    Rick Springfield covers Carly Simon: You're so vain, I''ll bet you think this camp is about you.

• tabletable Registered User regular
    That was... very, very worth it (so many feelings haha). Also, I love how grown up Malachi Jr. is!

• RembladeRemblade Pobodies Nerfect. Shepherd RepublicRegistered User regular
    The only unbelievable part of this dream is that Rick Springfield is only an assistant at the lab. The man has a PhD......... In rocking out!

PSN: Remblade
    3DS FC: 4940-5450-0161
  • summener99summener99 Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Isint that cat Malachi junior?
    Maybe this whole strip is a profound way of showing that Malachi not only fear the displease of his father but also the fear of not becoming a good role model for his furry son. the science panel try to lower Malachi proudest moment with showing that it was not him, but the shoes, who made the jump. The house where he missed show something deeper. That Malachi do not fully understand what the camp is and that many facet of it still remain unexplored. The very last panel showing the fear and problem that Malachi face with his surrounding. why so many cats, what are they eating (all the leaf?) there something deeper in this comic strip. we need to go deeper!

summener99 on
  • The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    Can't find the cat in this one.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    So the lost office is in Malachi's subconscious, though he never actually saw it. Interesting. What else does he imagine is real, I wonder?

• Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    I love that they made a note of Malachi's jumping ability on the science board, haha.

• fadinginterestfadinginterest Registered User regular
    @peter_rogan Malachi saw the main office on Linus's map here http://campcomic.com/comic/432 in panel 2.

• UnwieldyUnwieldy Registered User regular
    I really wanted Seventeen's foot to twitch like she was chasing bunnies.

Malachi's right arm is bare in the first panel but he's wearing long sleeves in the final.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    Malachi's right arm is bare in the first panel but he's wearing long sleeves in the final.

So that means that Neiman put a shirt on Malachi while he slept. Either that or one (or both) of those panels was a dream.

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular

His sleeve just happens to be rolled up on that arm at that particular moment, of course!

Heh heh.

*gulp*

edited July 2017
    Sarge wrote: »

So that means that Neiman put a shirt on Malachi while he slept. Either that or one (or both) of those panels was a dream.

In my vision of a Neiman/Malachi picnic comic, it's Neiman having a picnic with Stick Malachi dressed in Malachi's clothes and using Malachi's pajamas as a blanket (Rock Neiman is holding them down).
    Meanwhile, Malachi returns from his bath in the lake to find his clothes stolen as Brian holds a leaf for him and covers Seventeen's eyes.

So, what I'm saying, is that I find it plausible for Neiman to have done it.

briguy on
  • davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    Trying to see if there are hidden cats in the photos on the board...

• Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Well worth the wait! Rick Springfield's appearances in the comic never cease to amuse me.