As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - That Which Can Eternal Roast

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - That Which Can Eternal Roast

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• rcattrcatt Registered User regular
    I'm glad you decided to pull the trigger on this.
    Great stuff.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Everroast Chicken is effing delicious, though! If someone told me the chicken on my sandwich rose and defeated satan, I would believe it. Something that yummy has to be capable of defeating the dark lord.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Satanic cold cuts cannot be so easily vanquished

latest?cb=20081027012207

• TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    All three panels made me laugh!

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Between the comic text, the art and the title of this strip, they really knocked it out of the park.

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    I love it when abuse of the English language pushes Tycho over the edge.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Are you gonna put that chicken on a sandwich?
    Sure. Every Sunday with a tiny cup of grape juice.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Matthew 7:26-27

26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his sandwich on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that hoagie, and it fell with a wet thwack.”

• InvaderZimInvaderZim Registered User new member
    Gabe's earnest smile! The shards of glass in Tycho's hair! I'm giddy with laughter.

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Word play with Tycho is a fun time.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I mean, they named the company after a cloven hoof. Not exactly being subtle about their Founder.

• Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    This was not the comic I was expecting based on the front page preview. It was still terrific.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I think I must be missing some context. What does Tycho have against chicken, or this particular brand of it?

• RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I think I must be missing some context. What does Tycho have against chicken, or this particular brand of it?

Tycho has....problems with the way others use the English language
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/04

Rottonapple on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yea, word choice is very important to him.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/01/24/sagacity

H9f4bVe.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Ah, okay, word crimes. I get that.
    I thought maybe he had some special, particular hate for chicken.

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Ah, okay, word crimes. I get that.

Well, now you've made it obligatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/07/14/winston-smith

He did get broken at one point, I guess he got better.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    So, in the context of the commercial, does it imply that the chicken is in a state of perpetual roasting like Tycho is having a breakdown over? Or is it just saying that said chicken has been roasted and will remain so. I mean, thats technically true, even if it's not really something you vitally need to add to a marketing campaign.

Out of curiosity, I looked it up, and yeah, that is WAY too fancy a name for something that appears to just be some kind of reconstituted chicken loaf. Even regular, non-food crime chicken is too pedestrian for that name.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    First thing I thought of was Poyo- from the Chew comics.
    BtaiZc5CUAA2Dz5.jpg

• ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    Every time there's a strip where Tycho does a rant about word use, there's a tiny swell of joy in me that I do not have adequate words to describe. Ironic, isn't it?

• GundamZphyr7GundamZphyr7 Registered User regular
    Definitely one of the most well-written comics as of late.

Effin' hilarious.

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    So, after listening to them say "everroast" repeatedly on the podcast, I came to an understanding. The word is a pun on Everest. As in the the highest peak in roasted chicken. Mike and Jerry only seem to focus on the roasting forever meaning. Which is probably more funny.

• werepixiwerepixi Registered User new member
    If a roast chicken rose after 3 days and defeated Satan then of course you wouldn't put it in a sandwich, you'd at least want a Brioche bun for that. A nice mayo to go with it and maybe top it off with a little of Satan's blood as a sauce.

That's good eatin