As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] : The Colour Wheel - Day 9 - The Final Showdown - Cult Victory!

discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
edited August 2017 in Critical Failures
The Colour Wheel
A MrBlarney Game A Story of Vengeance

Narrations:
Day 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Day 5 Start
Day 6 Start
Day 7 Start
Day 8 Start

Scenario

The city of Ciela. This Proud and Upstanding monument to the many bright and colourful inhabitants within the city has long been the envy of many.
Out of these walls, poets and artists of all types have been born and prospered. Great plays have been written, and grand operas have been sung.
And tonight, a new distraction emerges.
A competition.
Tonight, from all walks of life, a handful of lucky participants have been selected to participate in DiscRider's all-new Wheel of Colour!

The rules are simple.
All participants will have their identities masked from the other players.
In order to win, all they need to do is figure out who among them is an imposter.
Should they succeed, they win!
But if they do not, the imposter wins!

So who's ready to play?

Game Overview

Genre: Village vs. Cult

This is a Phalla game, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia. If this is your first game, it will be informative to visit the linked topic for some background information. Most players in the game will be one of the Saturated, the uninformed majority (villager) faction. The remaining players will be part of the Colorless, the informed minority (Cult) faction.

Voting

Vote for the player who you believe to be the imposter in bold red with "!vote for <player name>" or similar phrase. You may retract a vote by posting "!retract vote for <player name>" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or change your vote by making another one in bold red. Do not, under any circumstance, edit a post that has a vote. If an edit is necessary, make a new post instead. The player who receives the most votes will be detained, and thus will be eliminated from the game. Should there be a tie in the vote, all players at the tied value will be eliminated. The vote acts first in each day's resolution, before any player actions are resolved.

Voting will close each day at 9PM AEDT, 6AM EDT <or equivalent time>; any actions before the hour (x:59) will count, any actions on the hour and later (x:00) will not.

Signing Up

Sign up with the phrase "I !sign up" or similar phrase in any bright, non-gray color. (White is considered a 'gray' color for signup purposes.)
I would not advise signing up in a Rainbow format. Things may or may not go very bad for you if you do.
There is no maximum nor minimum cap for signups for this game.

Inactivity

It is expected that players make at least two posts and submit a vote in order to be considered sufficiently active. A warning will be sent on the first day that this requirement is not met, and a replacement will be made on the second consecutive day of inactivity or third day overall. If there are no replacements available, then the inactive player will be eliminated from the game.

Other Rules

Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game.

If any players create "proboards" for private communication or interesting conversations including more than two players, please send links for them to the host.
HEY! No wonder people aren't adding me to stuff!

Clarifications

Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold darkorange text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Questions and Answers

Q: Is color meaningful to the game mechanics?
A. Yes.

Q. Will we be explicitly informed of the alignments of eliminated players?
A. Nope. But you will see Colourless dying this game. No-one picked up on a Colourless dying (even the other Colourless) so I had to inform you guys.

Q. Conversions?
A. Yes.

Signups (22):
Virgil_Leads_You
Grunt's Ghosts
AustinP<numbers>
premium
Gizzy
Corvidae
Brody
chamberlain
JPants
Romantic Undead
Sir Fabulous
Cythraul
Preda
Auralynx
JusticeForPluto
kime
MagicPrime
Vagrant_Winds
MrTLicious
H3Knuckles
---
MrBlarney

Night 1:
MagicPrime was found hogtied in a bedroom
Cythraul, I took the tremendous pleasure of eliminating on your recommendation. Stuck-up rainbow royalty

Night 2:
? has been released for having a raw deal.
JFP has been detained.
H3knuckles is similarly indisposed

Night 3:
MrTLicious protested mightily at the injustice
AustinP0027; Lily skinned and slightly battered

Night 4:
kime: Not a cultist after all.
Vagrant_Winds !withdrew brokenhearted
Brody had an unfortunate accident
JPants:Blackheart found slain having been overpowered

Night 5:
Chamberlain attempted to resist
Sir Fabulous:Not so Fabulous any longer was removed by force

Night 6:
Preda:Killed my own man but I grew impatient.

Night 7:
Corvidae:A shadow of her former self crumpled under the curse

discrider on

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Signup what a fun new distraction.
    I'll def participate!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I think I have done this before

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Signup

• premiumpremium Registered User regular

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    the night begins to shine.....

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    So if day close is 9pm AEDT, that means 6am Eastern Daylight Time?

also:
    discrider wrote: »
    I would not advise signing up in a Rainbow format. Things may or may not go very bad for you if you do.

@premium @Gizzy did you guys miss this, or are you intentionally testing boundaries?

I'm not sure if I'm up to another super-ambiguous game right now and I've barely put time into the Steam thread's backlog challenge for the first week. Need to think about it.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    So if day close is 9pm AEDT, that means 6am Eastern Daylight Time?

also:
    discrider wrote: »

@premium @Gizzy did you guys miss this, or are you intentionally testing boundaries?

I'm not sure if I'm up to another super-ambiguous game right now and I've barely put time into the Steam thread's backlog challenge for the first week. Need to think about it.

For reference, this game isn't going to be super-ambiguous as there will be a vote record.
    But there will also be conversions so networks and such may be infiltrated.

And yes. Someone had a handy international clock link somewhere, but I can't find it.

discrider on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    There is no way I could be evil two games is a row. None.

!Sign up

I didn't sign up in rainbow :p

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Sign Me Up!

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Well, I can't just come back to Phalla and not play, now can I?

!signup

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    A cult you say?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I should sign up!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Also discrider you're to blame for that rainbow, I just stole it from your post in the phalla signup thread :D

Steam
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx is signed up.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    !signup

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Thanks for the easy post to quote J4P!

!signup

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    !Signup

I am back from my vacation, so things should be easier to play now.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm deployed and on shitty internet in a weird timezone but what the heck.

!signup

Maybe I won't get day 1/2'd!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    !signup

Let's get this started so that I can be a huge distraction all game!

Gizzy

Might as well get started now!

Steam
    So, we have 19 players, which should be okay.
    I'll close sign-ups in 23 hours and kick off day 1, leading into a long day 2 over the traditional 'weekend'.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Ah, hell. Let's make it an even 20.

Although, I don't believe I've ever played a game with conversion before, so don't expect much from me.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    It's pretty simple.

Just assume everyone you're talking to is going to be converted the next day and be your enemy.

Good luck!

Will there be a traditional mafia as well?

Steam
    Or is it a converting mafia?

I sense a CD coming.

Steam
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    It's pretty simple.

Just assume everyone you're talking to is going to be converted the next day and be your enemy.

Good luck!

Also, play to win as a villager,
    but don't be too surprised or disheartened if by turn three you find yourself on team mafia.
    I like to think of this as a form of flattery, like day one votes, and kills.

VayBJ4e.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It's pretty simple.

Good luck!

but don't be too surprised or disheartened if by turn three you find yourself on team mafia.

And then, on day three when you find yourself mafia, play to win as mafia. Have no loyalty, even to your past/future self!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    It's pretty simple.

Good luck!

And then, on day three when you find yourself mafia, play to win as mafia. Have no loyalty, even to your past/future self!

Past and future selves are merely figments of imagination. Only the present truly exists.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Will there be a traditional mafia as well?

No.

Join my cat cult!

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    !Sign up

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Forgot the bold. You can tell I'm rusty.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957

Virgil_Leads_You
    Grunt's Ghosts
    AustinP<numbers>
    premium
    Gizzy
    Corvidae
    Brody
    chamberlain
    JPants
    Romantic Undead
    Sir Fabulous
    Cythraul
    Preda
    Auralynx
    JusticeForPluto
    kime
    MagicPrime
    Vagrant_Winds
    MrTLicious
    H3Knuckles
    Baidol

Ya'll left me so bright it hurts :pop:

VayBJ4e.png
    edited July 2017
    Your future's so bright, you've got to wear shades, Virgil.

Hrm, I kind of want other people to sign up in yellows, greens, or blues. It feels like we mostly have purple-red colors.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png