As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Saturday, July 22, 2017 - Separation Anxiety

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Saturday, July 22, 2017 - Separation Anxiety

Separation Anxiety

Separation Anxiety

http://campcomic.com/comic/449

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Uh oh
    I'm sensing a father issues theme for this storyline.

briguy on
  • Options
    SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    I believe in you, Linus. :)

• Options
    WaxxyOneWaxxyOne Registered User regular
    Wait, since when do dream cats count? Shouldn't there be a cat in the last panel? Has my whole life been a lie?! NOOOO!!!!

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    WaxxyOne wrote: »
    Wait, since when do dream cats count? Shouldn't there be a cat in the last panel? Has my whole life been a lie?! NOOOO!!!!

Since Darkplace. http://campcomic.com/comic/darkplace

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    @Briguy Don't they all have parental issues? Isn't that the point? But yeah, sad backstories are the best part. At least until the Camp's secrets are revealed.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    ::gasp::

• Options
    CarnalStateCarnalState Registered User regular
    I have been dealing with weird dreams and insomnia lately so I feel ya' Linus.

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Poor Linus ;.;

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    One wonders if Linus had an abusive relationship with his father. I guess that's why he woke up so abruptly and seemed so disturbed by his nightmare. I don't think they'll ever explicitly show scenes of abuse taking place, but the implication is strong enough I think. Still tragic though.

• Options
    SharebearSharebear Registered User new member
    Newly registered longtime reader! Love this comic, and I wanted to say I really enjoy the relationship between Malachi and Linus. Sometimes Mal's jerkiness overshadows the rest of his personality, and seeing him look up to Linus really reminds the reader that he's just a kid- an abandoned kid, no less-who's trying to relate to others, and trying to be a good friend to Linus- even if he doesn't quite know how. (see: this party, the library incident)

That said, I love dream-Malachi's personality. He seems cocky and a little unaware of how unsettled Linus truly is, but at the end of the day he has 100% belief in him. I like to think that Linus, (on some level), due to his greater maturity and apparent penchant for quiet thought, understands Malachi and why he acts the way he does. Maybe more than Mal himself. Maybe Linus has enough self-awareness for both of them :P

I'm super excited for this arc! I'm really curious as to Linus's backstory- was he shunned for his shy and anxious nature? Is that what disappointed the presumed father means by not doing anything right? The wait for updates is excruciating (but worth it!)

Also... aww, the title and first 3 panels. Dream-Linus was scared but doing ok as long as he thought Malachi was with him.

Like I said I love this comic. It has the right amount of kids-being-kids humor and more serious holy-shit-these-children-are-abandoned-that's-dark reflection.

• Options
    Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Frighteningly I repeatedly have dreams very similar to his and wake the same way each time.

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Sadness incoming! Raise the shields!

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Hm...do I want dark-dream strips for every camper now? I think I might...

• Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    @truelink. And more power to the warpcore!

• Options
    RuntCakeRuntCake Swampsville, USARegistered User regular
    Ahhh! Poor Linus. The back stories are a great reminder how jacked up the whole concept is under the beautiful, "campy" facade you've wonderfully painted over the top.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed after him.
  • Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    A Chester cat if there ever was one

• Options
    pieslapperpieslapper Registered User new member
    So just random updates now, no longer Tuesday and Friday?

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    The Deep Dark Woods are Camp Weedonwantcha's Room 101. Only there, you betray yourself.

• Options
    pieslapper wrote: »

Katie recently started a full time drawing job at Nickelodeon and is trying to balance updating the comic with the job. Tuesday's update (per the blog) was heavy on detail and they didn't think it would be as effective split into two comics, so they delayed it go get it right.
    The other update was also slightly delayed, but I think they wanted to keep their two updates a week schedule and released it Saturday night.
    I'm sure they can give more detailed explanation if they want, but it's essentially they're trying to balance a new job that also has lots of drawing with updating the comic and making sure the comic updates are still of the quality, we fans have come to expect.

I imagine once this season concludes they'll reevaluate the update schedule and decide on one that works well with their new obligations.

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    pieslapper wrote: »

Pretty much what Brian said (thanks Brian). The goal is still to update every Tuesday and Friday. I have less hours in the day to devote to drawing comics now, so sometimes I end up finishing the comics on Tuesday/Friday (like today's update, which will be up tonight). And on rare occasions, like last week when I had more work than usual and two comics that needed to be full pages, they just went up as soon as I was able to finish them.

• Options
    VisionAriVisionAri Registered User regular
    What kind of evil devil parent would abandon a sweetheart like Linus?

• Options
    MIJackelMIJackel Registered User regular
    Panel one without the text bubble would make a great shirt.

I am wondering what Katie might be working on at Nick? maybe a NDAis in place though. Probz too much to hope that she is story boarding a Camp TV show or Skadi

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    MIJackel wrote: »
    Probz too much to hope that she is story boarding a Camp TV show

That's crazy talk

• Options
    I actually know what shows she's boarding. If you're a fan of hot dogs, you're in for a treat.

• Options
    Bluestorm83Bluestorm83 Registered User regular
    The weirdest thing is, that's not even Linus' dad. He's actually dreamed that, in the Deep Woods, he is suddenly berated by Victor "Sully" Sullivan from the Uncharted series of games.

• Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    I love the integration of the not-very-hidden cat with the tree. Our current cat usually adopts something more akin to B. Kliban's "meatloaf" style, but I can easily imagine a more athletic creature striking such a pose.

• Options
    Laika ClementineLaika Clementine Registered User regular
    Poor Linus. I think judged by the comment of the mysterious dude that he came from an abusive home that may have made him feel inadequate (mayhaps like Malachi's). Can't wait till learn more about Linus' past. Maybe he was left here on his birthday?