As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] Tails of Equestria: The Pet Predicament

13»

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    gGbv7vc.jpg
    Porter

Porter was still going over the list in his head. He would have to balance this with his own duties at home, but it did seem possible.
    "No...no questions from me Princess."
    He watched Missy with a smile as she approached Rainbow Dash, her actions insuring that everyone's focus was shifted off of him.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Mahou So-soMahou So-so Registered User regular
    "Totally!" Rainbow Dash does a little mid-air flip as she snatches the card from Missy's hoof and quickly scribbles out a signature.

Stay Fast. Stay Awesome. - Rainbow Dash.

"Here ya go!" she says, handing the card back.

"And with that," Twilight interjects, "I think we can be on our way. My last reminder, and possibly most important--have fun!"

And with that, after a short session of cuddles with their pets, the Princess's entourage heads out from the cottage and thing fall silent. Owlowicious makes his way to a perch on the back of a chair, simply looking at his sitters. Winona scratches herself, looking bored. Gummy stares straight at you all with unblinking eyes. Opal seems to look you all up and down, and then simply curls her lips in disgust and sniffs haughtily. Tank, meanwhile, seems to have fallen asleep, while Angel has a look that suggests an unpleasant future for Fragrance.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    314BI4u.png
    Fragrance

"Well!" Fragrance says with gusto. "A pamper party, huh? Wild. Let's get this pet show on the get-go," she continues, ambling forward and dumping her saddlebag in the corner. "I think I'll have a look-see around the place, make sure nothing's out of sorts. If something's on fire, might as well find it while the crew is still in shouting distance."

"Maybe starting with the kitchen. Any of you pets or ponies want a snack to start things off - my treat. Gonna need a full stomach and lots of energy to handle all the pampering and partying we're gonna get up to, I bet."

For now, she's ignoring Angel, or at least treating him with no more attention than she does any of the other pets. As for a look around, it's really more of a sniff around. Fragrance trusts her nose at least as much as her vision when it comes out to sussing out things that don't belong.

Geth roll 2d6 for Keen Scent + Mind: Sniff around for anything unusually good or bad smelling, or something that shouldn't be in a cottage.

Keen Scent + Mind: Sniff around for anything unusually good or bad smelling, or something that shouldn't be in a cottage:
    2d6 6 [2d6=3, 3]

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @Marshmallow

Fragrance gets a whiff of the dry, iron-y scent of bone, fresh essence of lettuce, earthy bouquet of carrots, fishy aroma of fish cakes, and the sweet trace of chocolate, along with a wealth of other scents, as Fluttershy seems to be stocked with food for roughly every animal known to pony.

Mahou So-so on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Violet

Looking at the bored Winona, Violet starts searching for a toy of some sort.
    "I don't suppose any pony has seen a tennis ball or something?
    I don't think Winona is much of a house dog, so I was thinking I could take her into the garden to play"

Geth roll 1d6 for searching for a ball

searching for a ball:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

discrider on
  • Options
    gGbv7vc.jpg
    Porter
    Porter glances around, unsure really what to do next. "At least Tank looks happy."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Missy

"All right, ponies! Time to get the pamper party started!" said Missy confidently, eying the pets. "Owlicious and Tank, I hope you're okay if we see to the other pets first... they seem a bit more high strung than you two."

Pausing, she thought for a moment. "Violet, you have dibs on Winona. Porter, why don't you take Gummy? Fragrance can look after Opal while I keep making friends with Angel. Everyone okay with starting there?" she said in an as encouraging a voice as she could manage...

• Options
    @discrider

Violet finds balls alright. Oodles of them, of various shapes and sizes. Winona still looks a bit skeptical, however, despite the potential promise of play. She did seem to perk up a bit when Fragrance disappeared into the kitchen, though.

@El Skid

Hearing his name, Angel's ears pop upright and he eyes Missy suspiciously. Gummy continues to stare blankly, while Owlowicious simply gives a relaxed 'Whooo."

• Options
    gGbv7vc.jpg
    Porter

Eyeing the alligator Porter looks skeptical. "Hey there little guy. Pinkie Pie says you like to play Snap." He pauses for a moment. "Yeah, I sure hope that isn't what it sounds like."

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Violet

Violet floats a couple of different balls past Winona.
    After receiving no more than a whimper, Violet shouts through to Fragrance.
    "Winona does look more hungry than playful; Have we found their treats yet?"

She then follows Fragrance to help prepare lunch for the pets.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    314BI4u.png
    Fragrance

"Yeah, I think I found the goods," she calls out, in response to Violet, while rummaging through the pantry. "I wanna see what a chocolate mouse looks like, honestly. Think it has an actual mouse in it? Or would that be weird considering there's mice living here?"

"Maybe they're artificially mouse-flavored. Though even that would still be in troubled ethical waters, I feel."

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Missy

Landing on the ground in front of the bunny, Missy opened up her bag.

"Hi! I think I introduced myself last time, but Fluttershy kind of came in and took over. I'm Missy, and I'd very much like to be your friend! I have a bag full of my own treats here, and you're welcome to anything you'd like. We can get you carrots or whatever other health stuff Fluttershy feeds you if you prefer though..."

With that she opens the bag to Angel as a peace offering smiling enthusiastically.
    Geth roll 1d6 for befriending Angel

befriending Angel:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

• Options
    I guess I roll a d8 now?

Geth roll 1d8 for dice explosion no doubt into a 1

dice explosion:
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

• Options
    Nailed it.

• Options
    Been a hectic few days. I'll get a post up in a few hours!

• Options
    @Ken O

Gummy stares at Porter, seeming to take an uncomfortably long time to blink, with his jaws hanging slightly agape.

@El Skid

Angel peeks into the bag, ignoring Missy mostly otherwise, except for a small snort of derision. He then begins to rifle through the bag, tossing everything out onto the floor.

@Marshmallow & @discrider

Fragrance finds the mice, which are small and apparently made of chocolate. They seem ever-so-slightly soft and squishy, though.

• Options
    314BI4u.png
    Fragrance

Fragrance tastes one, because of course she does.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    gGbv7vc.jpg
    Porter

There is a small sigh, "Of course it's exactly what it sounds like. Well I'm glad your name is Gummy and not Toothy. How about we start with those fish cakes?"

With that he gives Gummy a wide berth and heads for the kitchen to check on Fragrance and Violet.
    "Do you ponys need any help in here?"

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    RaihanWRaihanW Registered User new member
    Just wondering if someone else can join before I post.

• Options
    Violet

Violet quickly turns her head away as Fragrance raises the mouse to her lips.
    "Yech."
    She shudders, mouth agape, as she tries not to imagine how such a thing would taste.
    Then she hurriedly tries to find something for Winona to eat.
    Minion roll 1d6 for Searching for bones or something

Searching for bones or something:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

• Options
    Sorry, guys. My wife has been out of town, so I've been a single dad for the past few days. She's coming back tonight though, so I should be back to the way things started tomorrow!