As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Citadel]: PVP Sandbox Flying simulator.

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
edited September 2017 in Games and Technology
https://youtu.be/gm_eiMVTFGo

But what is Citadel?

Citadel is an MMO-like RPG with PVP and sandbox elements.

Some screenshots (this game looks ridiculously good.)
51z17hunwa4o.jpg

Citadel_ForgedwithFire_09.jpg

Traverse giant landscapes filled with monsters and animals which you can slay to fill up your arsenal. Plunder ancient ruins and find special artifacts of power.

Cast spells, wield giant weapons, and special melee gauntlets. Craft potions of flight, and other awesome consumables.

Join factions and PVP against other players for territory. Build houses an giant castles, then destroy Waring factions' buildings with weapons or telekinetic powers.

Tame monsters and beasts to ride, fly, or fight for you. You can tame giant beasts and keep them in castles to fight for you when you are being attacked.

Early access is now Live on steam. Lots of stuff is still being tweaked, so please be patient: this game is far from release.

The game can be bought and played over Steam!

oHw5R0V.jpg
Roe on

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    If you are interested in seeing it in action Bikeman and Cohhcarnage playing now:

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So it's Ark with a medieval/fantasy feel and what looks to be competent devs?

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. This looks really good!

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Just played some and I have to say, the game is technically proficient. I was getting 30 fps at medium settings by myself in the forest using my gtx 970.

Only reached level 6, but the game has a good start to it. The game has a very strict loot system where it doesn't matter what kills you or when, but you will lose all of your stuff when you die.

I actually had a few flashbacks to the old MMOs I used to play like Dark Age of Camelot. The game also reminded me of Ark Fatalis/Oblivion.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    This does look fun and upon further research there are no hunger or thirst mechanics! Huzzah!!!

edit- also the fact that it appears you can run this with all the bells and whistles and have a stable and respectable framerate is another plus.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    Just played some and I have to say, the game is technically proficient. I was getting 30 fps at medium settings by myself in the forest using my gtx 970.

Only reached level 6, but the game has a good start to it. The game has a very strict loot system where it doesn't matter what kills you or when, but you will lose all of your stuff when you die.

I actually had a few flashbacks to the old MMOs I used to play, but it definitely doesn't have any relations to any MMO leveling wise. The game also reminded me of Ark Fatalis/Oblivion.

Only 30?

Im getting 50-60 on my 970 with everythign maxed.

• Options
    So it's Ark with a medieval/fantasy feel and what looks to be competent devs?

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. This looks really good!

Dark and Light which launched last week is literally Fantasy Ark even uses the same UI.

• Options
    Now that its the weekend and people have time to play Im going to give this a bit of a signal boost. I am playing on Brinkbreak (USOfficialEast) if anyone is looking for a server to play on.

Add me on Steam (bloodyroarxx) or in game I am Ahnikka

• Options
    I would be playing on BlackRock USEast, but my CPU has terrible single core performance. I'm stuck at 20 fps with it right now no matter what settings I change.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Just updated the OP.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    There have been a good amount of additions to the game. Anyone know how the game plays now?

oHw5R0V.jpg