As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you should take metamorph OTG blue sun

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I'm looking to sell some of my World Championship top 8 and European Championship top 8 play mats in order to fund a friend getting to Worlds.

If anyone is interested in the following play mats let me know:
    Twins
    Hedge fund
    Terminal Directive

If anyone knows of folk that may be interested in this please pass it on. I'm keen to get Dien to Worlds.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    you should take metamorph OTG blue sun

Blue Sun and I have a... history. Let's just say it never ends well.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I'm looking to sell some of my World Championship top 8 and European Championship top 8 play mats in order to fund a friend getting to Worlds.

Twins
    Hedge fund
    Terminal Directive

If anyone knows of folk that may be interested in this please pass it on. I'm keen to get Dien to Worlds.

I know someone who'd be interested, is them DM'ing you on slack the best way to contact since they're not on here?

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    I think I'm going to play an updated Pitchfork Hayley at a regional this weekend, because I am an idiot.

No I'm not, it's been horrible in testing.

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »

Twins
    Hedge fund
    Terminal Directive

I know someone who'd be interested, is them DM'ing you on slack the best way to contact since they're not on here?

DM on slack or a Facebook message is absolutely fine. Thanks for doing a shout out for me.
    I think I'm going to play an updated Pitchfork Hayley at a regional this weekend, because I am an idiot.

So what are you taking? I'm really struggling to find a runner that I like at the moment.
    Don't get me wrong siphon whizz is damn strong and fun, but it's a deck I've been playing for too long and desperately need a change!

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2017

So what are you taking? I'm really struggling to find a runner that I like at the moment.
    Don't get me wrong siphon whizz is damn strong and fun, but it's a deck I've been playing for too long and desperately need a change!

In in ideal world I'd be taking Aenas Andy with Bloo Moose because I think it's good against the field, but I'm rubbish at playing Andy in a lot of matchups. I'm going to put the time in to learn it after this weekend because it would be a good deck to have in my toolbox.

I'm currently leaning towards DLR MaXx with Bloose and a couple of other tweaks (e.g. Vamp for CI, which is absolutely brutal after they've spent all their recovery tools from the rain of Siphons). I don't think it's the best deck out there, but it's reasonable and I find it interesting to play.

Epimer on
  • Options
    Just to clarify, which regional as some moose isn't legal at yet.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I've got nationals in a month and I have no idea yet what to play!!

I've been testing an au revoir andy which has been pretty fun and also fairly effective, just haven't been able to try it on jnet much since not all the cards were out yet. Bloo Moose Andy is another strong contender. I honestly think I'll probably stick with crim because it's my most played faction right now and I think it has a fairly decent game against most of the common corps right now.

As for what corp to play... I have no idea!

Part of me is hoping we get another MWL in the next few weeks but I'm not holding my breath really

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    So we're almost at the point of rotation, but we still have no clue what's coming after the next pack. It's got to be another core set, right? They must have something different to a normal six pack cycle in the pipe.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

I've been testing an au revoir andy which has been pretty fun and also fairly effective, just haven't been able to try it on jnet much since not all the cards were out yet. Bloo Moose Andy is another strong contender. I honestly think I'll probably stick with crim because it's my most played faction right now and I think it has a fairly decent game against most of the common corps right now.

Part of me is hoping we get another MWL in the next few weeks but I'm not holding my breath really

I have a number of corp decks if you want them.

• Options

Can't AR andy have mooses as well? You have a lot of redundant pieces in the late game.

• Options
    Just to clarify, which regional as some moose isn't legal at yet.

Hockley/Essex. Confirmed Moose legal.

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »

Can't AR andy have mooses as well? You have a lot of redundant pieces in the late game.

yeah maybe? but late game you have super mopus so it doesn't really feel worth the deck slots.

@cerberus sure I'd love to see the lists!

• Options
    Oh man, just started messing around with Titan Tennin, and it's kinda hilarious?

It's like, yeah, I just scored a Atlas or sometimes a Armored Servers out of hand. What of it?

And having two counters on Armored is a pretty good feel.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    So if anyone listens to the Theopilius Bagpiper podcast, check out the new episode talking about Euros and Cache Refresh.

Surprise reveal: I'm in it, doing the hosting because Seamus was too damn lazy to think up questions.

Dis' on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Also started messing around with Adjusted Matrix DDM Kate. Fairly hilarious, although hella click-intensive and requires you to draw things in the right order. Getting triple Aeneas Informants out and just clicking for three multiple times per turn is pretty great.

I have literally the worst luck when it comes to digs. Got a feeling whatever I end up playing, it's going to end up going 2-4 so what I play doesn't really matter.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Oh, this is fun. In the middle of playing against someone who got the whole CI Load Testing/Victoria Jenkins/Clone Suffrage Movement combo set up, and you can no longer take turns.

I should concede, but I kinda want to waste their time as much as they're wasting mine.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh, this is fun. In the middle of playing against someone who got the whole CI Load Testing/Victoria Jenkins/Clone Suffrage Movement combo set up, and you can no longer take turns.

I should concede, but I kinda want to waste their time as much as they're wasting mine.
    How do they actually win from there? Director haas and slowly advance agendas?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    PMAvers wrote: »

How do they actually win from there? Director haas and slowly advance agendas?

Yup, the Director and Jeeves. They also had a... Hades? scored so that they wouldn't run out of cards in HQ/recur Biotics. It's as exciting as it sounds.

So I think my gameplan may be PPvP Kate/BON Red Planet Couriers. Feels weird actually having a try-hard Runner deck and a silly Corp deck for once.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    So with nationals in a month it's clear that Free Mars is gonna be legal, and possibly Crimson Dust as well.

With God of War legal it's pretty clear that DLR decks or big siphon + counter surveliance decks are going to be everywhere and they frankly scare me and I have no idea how to deal with them as well as everything else out there D:

• Options
    So with nationals in a month it's clear that Free Mars is gonna be legal, and possibly Crimson Dust as well.

With God of War legal it's pretty clear that DLR decks or big siphon + counter surveliance decks are going to be everywhere and they frankly scare me and I have no idea how to deal with them as well as everything else out there D:

Are siphon counter surveillance decks really that good?
    DLR Andy just requires speed, its not like these arent decks to tech against but they are beatable.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Well, they're like any other anarch siphon deck- it can be hard to stop them landing siphons, but they also have a really strong win condition, and God of War/mars for Martians str going to accelerate them a good bit I think

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Are siphon counter surveillance decks really that good?
    DLR Andy just requires speed, its not like these arent decks to tech against but they are beatable.

I think it remains to be seen but they are different from old siphon anarchs in a few ways though:
    -Mars for Martians can give crazy burst.
    -Surveillance can mean they don't need to get in multiple times like keyhole decks did (when hitting for 10 you only need to do it one or two times)
    -Don't need to put resources on the board where they can be dealt with (and needs less pieces than the DLR)
    -Better synergy with Obelus than Eater based or DLR decks?

Plus with sucker support God of War is a surprisingly legit breaker (based on two games I've played ;).

Dis' on
  • Options
    Dean Lister for the CS run is also extremely potent

• Options
    Alright, I'm intrigued. Throw me a list and I'll test it out.

• Options
    I tried this out of null and whizz
    2x Account Siphon ●●●●● ●●●
    3x Day Job
    3x Déjà Vu
    2x Employee Strike ●●
    3x I've Had Worse
    3x Inject
    2x Making an Entrance
    3x Mars for Martians
    1x Planned Assault ●●
    3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
    3x Obelus
    1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (4)
    3x Counter Surveillance
    1x Dean Lister

Icebreaker (6)
    1x Black Orchestra
    3x God of War
    1x MKUltra
    1x Paperclip

Program (6)
    3x Datasucker
    3x Parasite ★★★

• Options
    I saw this one earlier, but it probably could use refining imho

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/44378/-tag-me-mother-3-1-at-gnk-

• Options
    In retrospect plascrete isn't needed - old habits die hard!

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Okay, decks sleeved up for tomorrow.

...man, I keep on feeling like I should cram CVS in there somehow to deal with Clot, but if I do I won't actually need it. If I don't, I totally will.

EDIT: Eh, might as well. Better safe than sorry. ...and then I make some weirder edits as well to get Anson Rose and Shipment from Tennin in there for ultimate shipping power.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Well, this should be fun. There's a Pokémon event going on the same day here.

Round 1: Sync/Smoke

Ended up ending the game with nine tags (and like five more in the wings as power counters) due to just face-checking through a bunch of non-ETR ICE like Data Raven and News Hound and was able to pull the agendas via R&DI and Maker's. Figured I already ate a HHN versus Sync, so I was on borrowed time so LEEROY! Pulled off a Notoriety.

Vs Smoke, they maker's eye'd and stole Graft and GFI from R&D. I had Punative in hand and like 25 credits. Have six meat? Mass Commercialization MVP, got to run two of them for 10 credits each. Actually was ready to fire the combo but GT never showed.
    2-0 so far.

Almost would've had to have played these games on stream, but the camera seems to have broken.

Round 2: AgInfusion/Whizzard.

Couple of really good and tense games.

Ended up getting to five points in the runner game, which was a MASSIVE grind, and lost two Maker's runs due to Nisei. They ended up scoring out due to AgI's ability.

In the corp game, had a good set-up but never drew the Hasty or Open Forums to fire the combo, and then they eventually ran HQ and stole GT.

So both are 1-1.

Round 3: Whizzard/ETF

COLLOSUS IS THE BEST.

Didn't win, but that was because the GT didn't show up. Was a grind, and was low on cards in my deck. I should've just fired Hasty for the draw, but didn't think of it. The combo was ready to fire, was just waiting on the catalyst.

Versus ETF: Film Critic FTW. Was able to steal a couple of GFI's and pulled off a Notoriety point. And then Legwork's into a HQ and Film Critic got around the cannot steal clause of that one asset I can't remember the name of.

Turn 1 Beth might be MVP.

So Kate 2-1, BoN 1-2.

Round 4: MaXX/Core Weyland

DLR is a fair and balanced card.

GT was LITERALLY the last card of my deck. Should've fired the Open Forum to draw it, but didn't think of it. Wouldn't have won since I didn't have any other agendas scored, though.

Running, woof. A complete garbage start led me to eventually making a Maker's run, stealing two agendas off it, and then getting Midseasoned/Scorched.

Kate 2-2, BoN 1-3.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    So... today I won my 2nd regional of the year.
    Meaning I've won 4 out of the 5 regionals I've attended!
    I honestly believe the corp deck I have built is a monster!

• Options
    Cerbs OP, better nerf Cerbs.

Round 5: Alice/CI.

Alice stole the GT early when I didn't see any ICE and didn't have the Punative in hand.

And then I got CI-Penguins, where they scored both the agenda that pits your grip under your deck and then Show of Force in the same turn to kill you with two meat.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options

is it the one you sent me? goodness me

• Options

is it the one you sent me? goodness me

Yes the one I sent you. It went undefeated for both me and Mark. It won't make you popular, it got a lot of concedes and kills.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I played SYNC at my regionals! I don't fear being unpopular hahaha

how long are you planning to keep the list under wraps for?

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Lessons learned:

-For the love of god just play Titan already. Jank is wonderful, but it sometimes has too many moving parts that never align.
    -I actually enjoy playing PPvP Kate? Huh, go figure.
    -Na'Not'K is legit.
    -Dedicated Processor is handy, especially to make Na'Not'K not cost a arm and a leg to boost with.
    -Notoriety, just like all forms of fake points, is fuckin' rad.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Also a little disheartening to find out that multiple people who made the cut only actually played two rounds of Swiss, and used ID's and auto-byes from SC's for the other three.

It's like, why even try when someone is going to get more points than you by not playing the game?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I wish they'd just make IDing worth less than splitting a match you actually play. I can't blame anyone for doing it while it's there (I've done it myself), I'd rather it just wasn't there at all.