As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SOLVED! (Please close!) Help with a "delayed" USPS Package.

Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
edited August 2017 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello guys,

I don't wish this to anyone, but maybe someone else has had something like this happened to them and already know the best way to sort this out.

Turns out I ordered some stuff from amazon; a couple of spare cellphone cases and two PS4 games; they were sent in two different packages after the orders were charged to my credit card. I asked them to be delivered at a P.O. Box, if that matters, I haven't had any problems when ordering stuff from Amazon before, I just double check in case they have any problems shipping to P.O. Boxes.

Apparently, the PS4 games were going to arrive before the cases, but they were shipped before them, so the cases arrived at the P.O. Box (Or so Amazon claims, I am going tomorrow to find out.); turns out the games were going to arrive on Tuesday July 24, but apparently there was a "delay" after the last status update "Out for Delivery" according to the USPS site; on Amazon's case the tracking information page updated for an estimated time of arrival on July 27; it is currently the 28th and the status has not changed.

As I said, I will go tomorrow to the P.O. Box place and see if for some reason the package has already arrived and USPS did not update the status (Is that possible?); still, Amazon apparently is already offering me "more options", and that option is asking for a refund; has anyone had any experience getting a refund from Amazon?

If I ask for a refund, and the package finally arrives, do I have to send it back?

I tried reading the USPS site, and apparently I need to wait for 7 business days in order to file some kind of claim in order for them to search the package. Should I do that?

Like I said, hopefully no one has had this happened to them, but maybe someone has sadly had to deal with something like this.

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to read my post and thanks for any replies!

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
Joe Camacho MKII on

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. You package was not delivered exactly on the estimated shipping arrival date?

Yes, that does happen.

Did you need the object to arrive on a certain date? Do you want to send the item back and get a refund because it was late? You can do that.

Do you think you were scammed? Did you order it from amazon, or a third party? Are you worried about losing your money?> Amazon is pretty good about that, even from third party sellers.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    USPS tracking is horribly unreliable, in my experience. Check your PO box before doing anything else. If one of your packages isn't there and there are no tracking updates, contact Amazon customer service. You'll have a much easier time with them than with the post office.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Wait 24 hours, make triple sure it's not arrived, then *call* Amazon. They'll help you.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    VishNub wrote: »
    Wait 24 hours, make triple sure it's not arrived, then *call* Amazon. They'll help you.

This, I've had Amazon shipments not arrive when marked "delivered" before. Gave them a call and they replaced my order. When the original arrived a couple days after the replacement I gave them another call, they gave me a link to print a shipping label, and I sent it back at not charge to myself. Incredibly painless process.

I will note that this was either items purchased directly from, or at least fulfilled by Amazon. I try to avoid third parties from them when possible just to avoid paying for shipping. Not sure if customer service is handled any differently for third party purchases.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies!
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. You package was not delivered exactly on the estimated shipping arrival date?

Yes, that does happen.

Did you need the object to arrive on a certain date? Do you want to send the item back and get a refund because it was late? You can do that.

Do you think you were scammed? Did you order it from amazon, or a third party? Are you worried about losing your money?> Amazon is pretty good about that, even from third party sellers.

Well, it is not really a problem yet, I guess; because I still haven't been at the P.O. Box place to check if the package did arrive even if the USPS tracking site says it hasn't delivered it. But in case it hasn't arrived once I check it tomorrow I would like some input in case I need to do something at the P.O. Box place at that moment.

I would have loved that the items had arrived when they were supposed to, I live kind of far from it; but I have relatives that live close by (It is their P.O. Box actually.); so they can check it later in case it does arrive at a later date; I am only worried that the USPS tracking system hasn't updated since Tuesday.

I don't think I was scammed, I hope anyway; I was just curious if I should just wait a couple of days IN CASE the package hasn't really arrived at the P.O. Box; hopefully I will be able to go tomorrow and the package will be there and the USPS just made a mistake while recording the delivery.
    Ketar wrote: »
    USPS tracking is horribly unreliable, in my experience. Check your PO box before doing anything else. If one of your packages isn't there and there are no tracking updates, contact Amazon customer service. You'll have a much easier time with them than with the post office.

Thanks! I will check the P.O. Box first before doing anything; good to know I should just concentrate on Amazon though.

LostNinja wrote: »

This, I've had Amazon shipments not arrive when marked "delivered" before. Gave them a call and they replaced my order. When the original arrived a couple days after the replacement I gave them another call, they gave me a link to print a shipping label, and I sent it back at not charge to myself. Incredibly painless process.

I will note that this was either items purchased directly from, or at least fulfilled by Amazon. I try to avoid third parties from them when possible just to avoid paying for shipping. Not sure if customer service is handled any differently for third party purchases.

They were bought by third parties through Amazon. What confused me is that according USPS I should wait 7 business days before filing a request to search the package while Amazon is already offering me a refund; then again, before I actually go and check the P.O. Box I can't be certain what I will do; but based on your replies guess I will sort this with Amazon directly depending if the package has arrived or not.

I will update this as soon as I can; if someone has any other advice I will gladly accept it, thanks!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm constantly, constantly ordering from Amazon and I've occasionally had the odd issue with shipping, but it tends to be pretty rare and when it does happen Amazon will bend over backwards to correct it.

Definitely check the PO Box before you do anything. If there's nothing there by Saturday's delivery, then you'll want to start weighing options. I wouldn't start entertaining the idea that you were scammed just yet since there wouldn't be tangible tracking on it if they didn't send anything.

Returns and replacements highly depend on whether it was fulfilled by Amazon, or simply sold by a third party. If it was direct from third party seller, it gets tricky because how much trouble you're going to have is going to depend on the seller's reaction - similar to ebay purchases. If it was sold by a third party but fulfilled by Amazon, that's different. Amazon handles all storage, returns and support for the item and the seller generally won't even be involved in the equation unless you're asking for a replacement without a return.

If you paid non-zero for shipping and it was delayed excessively past the order's delivery window, call Amazon and they will refund your shipping costs. Shipping is handled by Amazon for fulfillment items and if it doesn't arrive on time, they typically side with not making the customer be the one that pays for that.

USPS makes you wait 7 days because it gives them a margin of error, but that doesn't necessarily restrict you from asking for a replacement from Amazon. As mentioned in other posts, if you have it replaced and then the original arrives, Amazon will provide you with a pre-paid label to ship it back.

• Options
    So I went to the P.O. Box today and both packages had arrived! Now I just need to figure out how to notify Amazon that the package did arrive, or do I just let it stand by and the order will close itself?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So I went to the P.O. Box today and both packages had arrived! Now I just need to figure out how to notify Amazon that the package did arrive, or do I just let it stand by and the order will close itself?

Let it stand by and it will be fine.

Ketar on
  • Options
    Well, waited a couple of days and on my amazon account the order still shows as "delayed"; but I guess that if I already have the package and I don't file any complaint with Amazon or the USPS it can stay that way.

Thanks for the help! This thread can be closed!

This discussion has been closed.