As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2017 BYOC Mega Thread

AsmerAsmer [E] East/West PC Sec ManagerSan Francisco, CARegistered User regular
edited July 2017 in PAX West
Hello all!

PAX is approaching quickly and it's fallen to me to finally relieve Dreggor of his role in running BYOC seating so he can focus on important things like perfecting Lucio wall riding in Overwatch.

I'm Asmer, I've been running BYOC Checkin/Security at West for the last few years, and I imagine most of you folks who are return BYOC attendees have met me in passing at least.

Anyway, BYOC GROUP SEATING!

We're running a week or so behind, but that can't be a shock to anyone and it's not going to phase you super awesome people now will it? The deal is pretty much the same as last year and every PAX before. Check out the details below and get those requests in! Last year we had a packed house and we unfortunately had to split up some (many) groups that did not pre-register (tisk tisk) so I highly advise that if you have a group to send in a request. If you don't my Enforcers and I will do our best, but there are only so many seats!

I also want to point out that we will again have the PC Mod showcase which sits right inside the main BYOC entrance, so if you have an awesome rig that you think will make people crowd around and snap pictures of, send me some pics (OF YOUR RIG) and if we fall in love (or just lust) we will grant you one of these epic spots.

Group Seating Details:
GROUP SEATING OPEN DATE: TODAY!
GROUP SEATING CLOSE DATE: 8/24/2017!

Group Seating Requirements:
  • Your party is considered a group if you have SIX or more people.
  • Groups must pre-register seating assignments prior to PAX, or else seats will be based on first come first serve availability.
  • Requests are taken on a first come, first serve basis.
  • Passes for ALL 4 days of PAX! (recommended to maximize fun, but not a hard requirement)
  • If you have multiple BYOC badges, those count as seats (group members) so if you have 6 BYOC passes in your "group" (regardless the number of physical bodies) you qualify for group seating.

To request group seating, use the seating chart below to choose your seats and email pax_pc at paxsite dot com

PLEASE NOTE: We swapped the numbering this year, so please double check those seat numbers before you just resend last year's request email without looking at the chart!

Please include the following information when requesting:
Group Name
Number of People (include handles too)
Desired Location

Seating Chart:

Live View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1FxyOIL0X3GlPvuzv6tQBO2Dq95MA5GhdFoRjiD3ItLs/pubhtml?gid=1181174693&single=true

Image (Updated as often as reasonable):
west_seating_chart.png

[E] Asmer, PC Security Manager (East/West)

SLjJ1Jb.png
Asmer on

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2017
    The one, the only, Bring Your Own Computer for PAX West 2017!

Want to be part of a rad PAX Lan Party? This is how you do that! BYOC is a dedicated LAN Party area in the PC section of PAX for you to bring your cool rig or your travel machine or just your gaming laptop and hang out and game with other attendees! The BYOC badge does not grant you entry to PAX itself, you need both BYOC and PAX general admission badges in order to participate!

Register here:
    https://www.showclix.com/event/pro39405

zerzhul on
  • hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Can't wait!

row1.pngrow2.png
  • AptosAptos Registered User new member
    Yay! Is info on group seating forthcoming in this thread? Or will it be a new thread?

Group seating will be managed by the Enforcers running BYOC. I will either merge this thread into whatever thread they start, or just have a new thread entirely. Either way, you can follow this thread to see when that happens, as if I keep them separate I will at least post the link to that thread when it exists.

Group seating probably won't happen until late July or early August, however.

• wykydtronikwykydtronik Registered User regular
    Bought my tickets for meh lady and I!!! <3 Can't wait to hang !

• DreggorDreggor [E] PAX East PC Room Deputy Registered User regular
    Group seating will be managed by Asmer this year and he should have it up this weekend.

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • unicornprincess17unicornprincess17 Registered User new member
    This is my family's first time come to Pax. Do we know when the app will be updated?

• anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    This is my family's first time come to Pax. Do we know when the app will be updated?

Best place to get information is to follow @Official_PAX on Twitter. Someone asked this same question and they said most likely next week, but it could be this week too. So in other words, soon. We typically just watch the site and the app and wait for it to happen.

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• AsmerAsmer [E] East/West PC Sec Manager San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Seating Thread is .... this one!

Asmer on

SLjJ1Jb.png
    I have merged the threads!

• AsmerAsmer [E] East/West PC Sec Manager San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Chart updated!

SLjJ1Jb.png
  • ThranxThranx Registered User regular
    Bah, we've lost the seats we've had for the past 3 years. I am annoyed. Should be an early reg for folks who have been going year after year.

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Thranx wrote: »
    Bah, we've lost the seats we've had for the past 3 years. I am annoyed. Should be an early reg for folks who have been going year after year.

I'm sorry that we took your seats but I don't think playing the seniority card would have helped you in this case.

hobbseltoff on
    row1.pngrow2.png
    Chart updated

SLjJ1Jb.png
  • Aramis_DeJinnAramis_DeJinn Registered User new member
    Have the BYOC badges been mailed out yet? If not, do we have a guesstimate as to when it might happen?

• celycely Registered User regular
    I got my BYOCs with my PAX Badgers that I bought during the first sale (not the reclaimed sale). I think I received them in the mail about a week ago?

rqUHgCM.png
  • Aramis_DeJinnAramis_DeJinn Registered User new member
    My brother bought the passes, and i got the badges. Since he's received the passes already, I didn't know when I'd be getting the badges.

• SirMarekSirMarek Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    My BYOC group this year is a group of 4 (previous years has had larger groups). Given that groups are six or more, will there be an opportunity for smaller groups to register for reserved seats? Or will we be stuck on the first come first serve basis to try and snag four seats together?

vfsifdjd0tec.png
    SirMarek wrote: »
    My BYOC group this year is a group of 4 (previous years has had larger groups). Given that groups are six or more, will there be an opportunity for smaller groups to register for reserved seats? Or will we be stuck on the first come first serve basis to try and snag four seats together?
    I would suggest trying to find other small groups to make up a group of 6+

• AptosAptos Registered User new member
    edited August 2017
    Yay!

Aptos on
    Chart Updated (Image version too).

SLjJ1Jb.png
    zerzhul wrote: »
    SirMarek wrote: »
    I would suggest trying to find other small groups to make up a group of 6+

This here, we have to cut the groups off at a minimum size limit, unfortunately. In the future this might change, but not for this year.

SLjJ1Jb.png
    edited August 2017
    idk if this is the appropriate thread to ask the question, but I ordered my BYOC tickets after I received my PAX West passes... The email said that they will ship with my PAX West badges... It's been a couple weeks and I still haven't received shipping information or any indication of it being shipped. Does anyone know if ReedPop will send them out or are they by default sent to WillCall? (at this point).

wykydtronik on
  • havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    idk if this is the appropriate thread to ask the question, but I ordered my BYOC tickets after I received my PAX West passes... The email said that they will ship with my PAX West badges... It's been a couple weeks and I still haven't received shipping information or any indication of it being shipped. Does anyone know if ReedPop will send them out or are they by default sent to WillCall? (at this point).

In my experience, as I've been in similar situations the past few years, they're picked up at will call. It never hurts to shoot them an email though.

XyqJPIp.png
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular

Yea, shoot an email out to pax_questions@paxsite.com. They should be able to track things down for you.

Thanks guys, they got back to me and said I should be able to get them at Will Call.

• anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm having a hard time finding the BYOC section on the maps. Where is this located?

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

anettie76 wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time finding the BYOC section on the maps. Where is this located?

It's in "The Annex", Level 3. This year it's called the "Lenovo Legion PC Room".

rqUHgCM.png
    Chart updated!

Also, if you registered a group you should have just got an email from me about preregistration. Please read it.

If you sent pax_pc an email registering a group, and have *not* received an email from me about preregistration, please send me a PM here.

SLjJ1Jb.png
  • strttrknstrttrkn Registered User regular
    Are we going to have a raffle and giveaways this year? I had a great time last year like always. However I know many in my group were saddened that there was no awesome BYOC raffle.

"So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy."05UDUCa.png
  • decon61decon61 Registered User new member
    Are Enforcers required to pick up a BYOC badge?

n49kxxdh88vn.png
    decon61 wrote: »
    Are Enforcers required to pick up a BYOC badge?
    If you plan on doing BYOC in your off-shift time, yes. The Enforcer badge is treated as any other general admission badge when you are off-shift.

• decon61decon61 Registered User new member
    Got it, just purchased my BYOC badge.

n49kxxdh88vn.png
  • CrazyRobCrazyRob Registered User new member
    Any word on what time we can begin checking in on Friday morning? Will there be an early check in as there has been in years past? I remember some confusion on this from last year (or the year before).

This is from the BYOC email that I received yesterday:
    You will be allowed to enter the building early, at 8:00am on Friday ONLY, to begin checking in and being seated. Entry on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday all begin at 10:00am. BE WARNED. There will probably be a line forming in front of the building of non-byoc people. If you have a BYOC badge, walk right past them, you'll be able to enter the building early. If you haven't received your badge yet for whatever reason, you'll need to pick it up from Will Call of the WSCC. You'll probably want to leave your computer in the car until you get the badge. If that's impossible for whatever reason, then just bring your rig to the Annex entrance and we'll try to prevent you from having to roam around Seattle while carrying 50lbs of steel.

rqUHgCM.png
  • japerryjaperry Registered User regular
    Haven't seen much talk of games in this thread yet... Curious if people are interested in...

Tricky Towers
    PUBG (Player Unknown's Battlegrounds)
    Northgard
    BeamNG.drive
    Duck Game
    Poly Bridge
    Stellaris
    Who's Your Daddy

7jIDTca.png
  • CrazyRobCrazyRob Registered User new member
    cely wrote: »
    This is from the BYOC email that I received yesterday:
    You will be allowed to enter the building early, at 8:00am on Friday ONLY, to begin checking in and being seated. Entry on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday all begin at 10:00am. BE WARNED. There will probably be a line forming in front of the building of non-byoc people. If you have a BYOC badge, walk right past them, you'll be able to enter the building early. If you haven't received your badge yet for whatever reason, you'll need to pick it up from Will Call of the WSCC. You'll probably want to leave your computer in the car until you get the badge. If that's impossible for whatever reason, then just bring your rig to the Annex entrance and we'll try to prevent you from having to roam around Seattle while carrying 50lbs of steel.

Whoops, missed the e-mail. Thanks!

• amaskedmanamaskedman Registered User regular
    What is the max monitor size? Ive seen old threads that say 24 inch, but damn if I can find one (dont want to have to buy one just for pax)

Last I knew they had upped it to 27". Is that information not in the info email? I'll try to find someone with whom to double-check.

• amaskedmanamaskedman Registered User regular
    I didn't see anything in my confirmation email.

This discussion has been closed.