As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, August 1, 2017 - Map’s Edge

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, August 1, 2017 - Map’s Edge

Map’s Edge

Map’s Edge

http://campcomic.com/comic/452

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Finally.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna like August - this is a good way to start it.

• SeabSeab Registered User regular
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHH IT'S HAPPENING

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    Greetings, Malachi. I'm your best friend in the whole world. Mr. Black.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I am so excited for this storyline.
    We finally get to find out more about the office, which even if it amounts to nothing (there's probably just a family of raccoons living there!), we still know, and we get to see more about Linus.

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Yess I remember this place! Finally we get to see more about it!

• SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    Hooray, a mystery unfolds.

• Bluestorm83Bluestorm83 Registered User regular
    And we're now two comics away from the episode where Malachi and Linus go inside that building, the sun sets, and for the rest of this comic's run nobody ever mentions them again, nor even remembers they ever existed.

• phillipPborphillipPbor Registered User regular
    then they opened the d-

DUDE! ITS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!! STOP BEING STUPID!

• xUsakoxUsako Registered User regular
    dunno if i'm excited or terrified about this...
    ...probably both.

• SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Main Office is NOT how you spell "Rick Springfield's House"

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Dun, dun, dun. . . I wonder what's waiting for our 'hero' inside?

• ApplemaskApplemask Registered User regular
    OH SHIT SON

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Be careful, the velociraptors know how to open doors! Samuel L. Jackson died because of this!

• JReynoldsJReynolds Registered User regular
    Yikes! That's at least a 12-foot drop. I hope Malachi is OK.

(Of course he is - I don't think that this is a cartoon where 'suddenly, reality ensues')

• Dark JaguarDark Jaguar Registered User regular
    Missed a step.

• lokardolokardo Registered User regular
    I love that I could hear the Whumpf of Malachi hitting the ground in my head. I'm very much liking this story arc. Keep them coming.

P.S King Bunny for life.

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    The plot whumpfens.

• marakethmaraketh Registered User new member
    Anyone else getting Lost, flashbacks?

• CafyWasHereCafyWasHere Registered User new member
    Whaaaaat? Nooooooo TTvTT I reached the end!!!!! Now I have to wait until the updates like the rest of the mortals :,C

• AbelhawkAbelhawk Registered User regular
    And he died. The end.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Abelhawk wrote: »
    And he died. The end.

Haha! I've been waiting for this comment.

It made sense to me in the planning stages, but after I saw it drawn up, I asked, "Wouldn't Malachi die from this fall?" Katie assured me that the ground is squishy.

AdamRW wrote: »
    And he died. The end.

Haha! I've been waiting for this comment.

It made sense to me in the planning stages, but after I saw it drawn up, I asked, "Wouldn't Malachi die from this fall?" Katie assured me that the ground is squishy.

I, mean, really, you should consult this NASA paper and determine if he could survive. https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19930020462.pdf

If you, uh, want to be accurate and not just playing willy-nilly with physics.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Just read the whole thing. We're good.

AdamRW wrote: »
    Just read the whole thing. We're good.

Good. My suspension of disbelief can only stretch so far.

• clegoguyclegoguy Registered User new member
    Finally!!

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Woooooooooooo! We're finally going to see inside the office and the grim reality of Camp will be revealed!

Or, ya know, just LOTSANDLOTSOFCATS.

• SharebearSharebear Registered User new member
    If Malachi gets up and keeps walking without looking behind him I'm gonna die

• te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    And them https://youtu.be/GUDcSeUvkOw It was the mountain lion all along!

te-kun on
  • KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    And he died. The end.

I watched a friend fall face first into dirt from a pretty high jungle gym, and I've fallen off more than one roof without injury, so this totally didn't seem weird to me when I drew it, haha!! :D

• mturner23462mturner23462 Registered User regular
    Here is a mind tickle, what if the maps are different because Linus map was created before the office was buried under a hill, decades ago? We don't exactly know how aging works are this camp.

KatieJRice wrote: »
    And he died. The end.

I watched a friend fall face first into dirt from a pretty high jungle gym, and I've fallen off more than one roof without injury, so this totally didn't seem weird to me when I drew it, haha!! :D

Wait, what?

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    That's some amazing orienteering skills there Malachi. You found the office with just a rough map; no compass, no GPS, no sextant, no clock. Just your feet and your eyeballs. And you did it in a forest where you can't even see the horizon! Good job :)

• requiemrequiem Registered User new member
    And he died. The end.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! My first thought when I saw those comments was "Why would he die? It's only a few meters, haven't any of these people jumped off roofs as kids?"

edited August 2017
    requiem wrote: »
    And he died. The end.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! My first thought when I saw those comments was "Why would he die? It's only a few meters, haven't any of these people jumped off roofs as kids?"

I feel like I've missed out on some crucial childhood development. The number of roofs I've been on could be counted on one hand and the number I fell or jumped off of is zero.
    Do you guys have a death wish? I got scared climbing the rope in gym class. Why are you jumping off roofs? Is there a pool involved? The ground is hard!

briguy on
  • KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Around 6th grade I got really into climbing the buildings at school, and using the roof to get to the balcony attached to the teachers lounge (where there were sometimes treats). I fell off that roof once. In high school I'd sneak out of the house by crawling out the bathroom window onto my roof, and then drop down into the yard. I don't think I actually fell off that one, but I did fall off a friend's roof while trying to help sneak her out. I've yet to break a bone!

edited August 2017
    Around 6th grade I got really into climbing the buildings at school, and using the roof to get to the balcony attached to the teachers lounge (where there were sometimes treats). I fell off that roof once. In high school I'd sneak out of the house by crawling out the bathroom window onto my roof, and then drop down into the yard. I don't think I actually fell off that one, but I did fall off a friend's roof while trying to help sneak her out. I've yet to break a bone!

Wild child!
    Best I've done is climbing on the roof of my friend's cousin's house to get in through her window when they were out of town. I forget what was so important that I thought that was a good idea. Maybe we were supposed to feed her cat? I just know we were lucky the neighbors didn't call the cops. They did call his mom and she showed up after we succeeded. Haha, that's so dangerous though? Like I'm picturing ninja-ing to a balcony being scary cool.
    No broken bones, unless teeth count. I'm very unlucky on that count.
    edit: I take that back. I'm like 90% sure I broke a finger a couple of years ago. Stupidly. I didn't go to a doctor, but pretty sure it broke and now it hurts whenever it's cold or raining.

briguy on
  • TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I've fallen out of trees from around that height as a child and been largely fine. It's possible I broke my hyoid bone. Mine is permanently broken for reasons unknown that may include falling out of a tree.

That being said, I doubt Malachi has been getting his calcium. :p

TrueLink on
    TrueLink wrote: »
    I've fallen out of trees from around that height as a child and been largely fine. It's possible I broke my hyoid bone. Mine is permanently broken for reasons unknown that may include falling out of a tree.

That being said, I doubt Malachi has been getting his calcium. :p

Oh man, I was a tree climbing machine. Had an awesome cherry tree with just the perfect split that I could sit on and eat the cherries from.
    I don't know why, but roofs just seem scarier!

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    We've set our daughter up to have so many boys or girls sneaking into her bedroom. Her windows are right above the low-pitched roof of the addition.

Probably leave a ladder out there so they don't try boosting off the A/C to reach it.

MichaelLC on