As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] : The Colour Wheel - Day 9 - The Final Showdown - Cult Victory!

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    And that's a tie

edited August 2017
    The Final Showdown

The guardsmen have found the locked chamber.
    There is a terrible banging from the door as DiscRider corrals the remaining Party-Goers.

"Come now, we don't have much time. Who's it going to be? Or are we all going to have to die here?"

The village reforms around Romantic Undead, sending him to the front, but not before he drags premium along for the ride.
    "Ah, two volunteers? Very well then."
    With a slash, RU and premium have both been struck down. The latter, adding to the colourful stains on the carpet, but the former trying his best to bleach it.

The good doctor, MrBlarney approaches Virgil, bottle of coloured tonic in hand.
    But Virgil just smiles. "I rather think that's enough of that, don't you doctor?"
    MrBlarney's face pales as Virgil's menacing grin spreads but wider.

Soon Auralynx and Grunt's Ghosts too have been stricken with the curse.
    Face pale and nails blackened, they are subdued, and summarily tied together.

"And that just leaves..."
    Zombie Hero backs away, as DiscRider approaches.
    "Ah, ah... take me too! I'm the mayor of this city! I can be of use to you!"
    "Well you see, I have this problem with authority.
    You tell us what to do, you force us to live how you want, and then you claim all our work your own."

"But I never...."
    "Well now I'm telling you what to do: DIE"

At last, the wooding paneling gives way and the entrance to the inner sanctum flies open.
    There is a brief skirmish, the Colourless guards fall in quick order.
    But not before Zombie Hero has fallen too.
    DiscRider stands over the Colourless who killed him; sword dripping in black blood.

"Thank goodness you arrived officers. Here I was thinking I would have to deal with all of them myself"
    The former party-goers are freed. Masks removed, colours regained, they all confirm Discrider's story.
    Just before the breach, he had freed himself, but all too late to save the Mayor.
    The Colourless must have known about the party, and infiltrated the building beforehand, knowing that the Party-Goers would all be of Ciela's elite.
    All the eggs in one basket, they swooped, and so host and guests were entrapped in this prison, until finally they were freed.

The house was searched, up and down, until the city guard were convinced no Colourless still remained.
    And they saw the remaining terrified guests home, to ensure no further harm should happen to them.

The game now either results in a Host Victory or Cult win as MrBlarney, the healer of the Pale, has himself been converted.
    This means the Cult can just keep converting people, whilst the vote only keeps up with conversions, until they either outnumber or equal the village in size.
    Also it gets silly, as people who know they are Pale have to act against the Cult without any chance of being saved.

So I'm proclaiming a CULT VICTORY

The current Cult: @Virgil_Leads_You , @Preda (original Cult members), @Romantic Undead, @Sir Fabulous, @AustinP0027 , @corvidae (?) are victorious!

The surviving @MrBlarney , @Auralynx and @Grunt's Ghosts can pretend they were converted if they want, but I didn't want to play out another 1-2 days.
    MrBlarney was converted in narration above, and Auralynx was successfully Paled tonight, and so would have been converted tomorrow.

@Zombie Hero @Gizzy couldn't be converted, and so lose. (Not sure why people didn't trust them?)

@Baidol also wins
    , because I stuffed up the game generation and didn't see his sign up.
    So I gave him an awful role, and he got pounced on.
    :(

Host shoutouts go to AustinP, for managing to paint Sir Fab (the true seer who could see his own colour when seeing another) and thus prevent Sir Fab from seeing himself as Pale the day he was infected.
    Also to Romantic Undead, who confused the village and prevented them from healing the vig.
    I don't think the Cult could have won without either of those plays.

Even so, had Blarney managed to co-ordinate with Auralynx (who was busdriving Blarney to ZH) today and healed himself or had Aura busdriven the cult conversion target to ZH (instead of getting paled himself), then the game would likely still be going, and the village would likely have won.

discrider on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Well, holy shit! I had to take one for the team, but this is not the result I expected!

Good game team! Could've gone better for us but I will take it!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Master Spreadsheet

Cult proboards, although most discussion was in PM: http://cultofpersonality.freeforums.net/

Host Thoughts
    The central mechanic, a conversion that Pales before converting the target fully, affording the village time to either vote out, kill or heal the inflicted, seemed to work well enough.

However, it brings up a big issue with regards to how much colour information can be attached to the village's actions.
    Either, all active abilities must be coloured, or only some are.
    And in any case, there was a big risk that at the end of the game those players who could see a player's colour would remain, and this could really screw the cult over.
    And that's what happened in this game:
    - GG could see his own colour.
    - ZH/Gizzy knew their own 'colour' as they could not be Paled.
    - MrB could see his colour when he healed someone.
    - Auralynx could see his colour when he redirected someone else who could see their own colour.

The ones that missed out were:
    - Sir Fab (obscured by Austin)
    - kime (never used his narration power, and so didn't -know- his text colour in narration was darkorange)
    - corvidae (on her vig; reaaally should've been healed, but RU managed to sort that out)

Also, the healing mechanic was originally going to heal two days worth of Pale.
    That is, if the doctor healed the same time a person was Paled (such as in the case of both MrB and RU) then they would be healed immediately.
    Otherwise, the doctor could have healed the next day, before the Pale became Colourless. (The Paling was a two day group conversion power, targeted once, still assigned to one person so when Preda was voted out the group missed a conversion accidentally).
    This was too powerful; MrB could have oscillated between healing himself and another player and kept them unconverted forever.
    So instead, the doctor only healed the person who could be seen as Pale the day prior.
    So a reactionary guard if you will.
    It seemed to work, but the wording of the PM was ambiguous.

All in all, I think I actually stacked this too hard against the cult.
    With the colour seeing mechanics, I did not expect them to win, especially as they didn't have a kill, and the original cult members didn't have any other powers of their own.

JPants also had a bad deal.
    Too many seers and kills. Not that he got seen.
    But again, the SK was a measure against the cult being too powerful, but also there to hopefully kill off some of the colour mechanics arranged against the cult.

It was a very close game in the end though.
    Hope people had fun.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Holy crap! We won!

I honestly didn't expect that in the end. Things were going pretty well until corv was converted and then killed/inactive'ed, and I thought at that point that the village had turned and was working together leaving RU and Virgil out of the mix and just playing it quiet to keep them from catching on. Guess not.

discrider wrote: »
    Host shoutouts go to AustinP, for managing to paint Sir Fab (the true seer who could see his own colour when seeing another) and thus prevent Sir Fab from seeing himself as Pale the day he was infected.

I'm glad this actually worked. I wasn't getting any clear indication that painting anyone was doing anything, so I took a shot here to hope this was the outcome. Glad it worked out.

Super confused about the multiple color stuff though. Went in assuming sign up color mattered, then it seems like it didn't (right?) for the color that was the actual power color. Though, maybe I was just killed off too quickly. Speaking of which, @JPants was it a random shot or was there something I had done that made you think I needed to go?

Also, I believe I've unlocked the cult boards. Not much to read there though, only a few days of discussion, then it went all back to PMs.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Dangit, for the second time this game.

I knew I was gonna have to try to swing us to Romantic Undead near close if I wanted to see who the other remaining cultist was, but I guessed absolutely wrong about where they were at with converting Blarney.

I was sure RU was a cultist since Corvidae was converted, but couldn't ever get a firm idea who the others were from talking to you guys. I should probably just have thrown down the gauntlet Saturday and waited to see who was on board, but I was pretty busy that day and then spent a lot of Sunday away from the thread and peeking to see if we were getting any help here. :|

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited August 2017
    Ok, so the colour you were was randomly chosen out of the pool of all colours people signed up as.
    I did not want the cult identifying the vig day 1 based on the colour of the kill.

If you were Paled, your colour for the day was half the saturation of your original colour.
    Which apparently takes you halfway between your colour and white.
    The next day, you would become a Colourless, and your action's colour would revert to normal saturation. You would however be seen as Colourless, and die with a Colourless tag.

Premium could mess with colours, by swapping two players R, G or B component.
    Someone else could swap the full colour. Brody I think.
    Both these actions would not save a Paled; they would just modify what colour was Paled.
    And premium could make life difficult for everyone by potentially turning someone white or black through selective colour swaps.

Really though, premium's ability was just a play on 'swapping masks' (everyone's new colours were stored on the masks I handed out, Day 1).

Only other colour thing was the Tartan: Magic Prime and Vagrant Winds.
    They were masons who shared each others' colours.
    If one was paled, the second one would have paled the next day, and then both would have converted together. Similarly, a heal on one would've healed the other the next night I guess.
    But then MP died immediately.

discrider on
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Man I finally get to be a Villiage Special and my own vig kills me. It also did not help that my Day 1 target was inactive.

Oh well, better luck next time I suppose.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I have no idea what happened.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    edited August 2017
    Man I finally get to be a Villiage Special and my own vig kills me. It also did not help that my Day 1 target was inactive.

Oh well, better luck next time I suppose.

Gizzy had no power to see and no-one targeted her.
    Sorry action seer.

Also all the village was Special.

discrider on
    Ok, so the colour you were was randomly chosen out of the pool of all colours people signed up as.
    I did not want the cult identifying the vig day 1 based on the colour of the kill.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense in terms of preventing an easy path for the cult. We just didn't see very many colors revealed publicly to know how the color affecting powers were working.

Or maybe it's more appropriate to say everyone that could affect color died too quickly before it was thread reveal time.

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I wonder if publicly sharing my seering helped or hurt the village?

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    As always, apologizes for foolin'. Even in a game where it's called for, it's never fun to be fooled. (though whether I fooled anyone is another matter)
    Many thanks to each new cultist for revealing soft network info, roles, and such,
    and for giving the energy to keep going.
    Thanks to the host for a fresh cultist style mafia game, Discrider, who I'm pretty was the most annoyed by folk's inactivity, and ignoring the OP.
    Some of the best Narrations, I've read in a while.
    Thanks for Preda for securing the latter half of the vote close, and providing needed clarification on actions. It's good to be paired with good backup!
    I def understand how work can affect stuff, so no worries about that last day.
    Good on everyone who called me out as mafia/shady.

VayBJ4e.png
    I wonder if publicly sharing my seering helped or hurt the village?

Well your initial announcement helped.
    Sir Fab was able to not duplicate targets too.
    Although he got converted and revealed the vig to the cult.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    So @discrider , what were your feelings on us trying to convince a villager to play against their win condition before they got converted? What would that of been cool in your eyes?

I'm of the opinion that when you're the informed minority, deception is part of the game, but Virgil seem to think that was not sporting, thoughts?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Holy crap! We won!

I honestly didn't expect that in the end. Things were going pretty well until corv was converted and then killed/inactive'ed, and I thought at that point that the village had turned and was working together leaving RU and Virgil out of the mix and just playing it quiet to keep them from catching on. Guess not.

I'm glad this actually worked. I wasn't getting any clear indication that painting anyone was doing anything, so I took a shot here to hope this was the outcome. Glad it worked out.

Super confused about the multiple color stuff though. Went in assuming sign up color mattered, then it seems like it didn't (right?) for the color that was the actual power color. Though, maybe I was just killed off too quickly. Speaking of which, @JPants was it a random shot or was there something I had done that made you think I needed to go?

Also, I believe I've unlocked the cult boards. Not much to read there though, only a few days of discussion, then it went all back to PMs.

I couldn't tell why people were saying you were the vig and on the off chance you were.... Plus i thought you were a good target to be converted and I needed to kill converts. So you seemed a safe target.

Whoever the vig was, i'm assuming I got tagged due to the black kill missing day 1 when i was inactive?

Sorry for the inactivity disc! Totally forgot the game started... then when i was just getting into it.... BAM,dead!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Thanks @discrider for an amazing game. Watching the conversion mechanics play out was super interesting, and I thought made for a great game. Reaffirms my hopes to one day run a conversion game myself.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Thanks for the game, discrider! The puzzle of working things out was really interesting. No thanks to Sir Fabulous and Romantic Undead for giving me the runaround and ruining the village's chances of victory. :P So many wasted days of my healing ability after running into you two. I took too long to work things out and I might be too forgiving in games like this. I've got so much rust.
    I don't think this happened when I healed kime. Not that I think it would have changed how I would have played the game. (Man, failure to coordinate to heal corvidae really made a mess of things.) I did mention with my orders on the last day that I might be better off getting converted by switching off my self-heal to Virgil_Leads_You, which I guess turned out to be the correct decision? No credit for victory though, I see.

Good hustle on the cult to get all of that done, though. I can definitely see the balance made between the cult having a powerful, daily conversion, but lacking a group kill and the conversion being delayed, while the village had a whole mess of abilities. I'm not sure if I agree that the cult had things stacked against them in general, only high-variance. The village cannot just keep up with the cult to win, they have to get a good tempo ahead. That's really difficult especially when allegiances are changing constantly.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    JPants wrote: »
    Holy crap! We won!

I couldn't tell why people were saying you were the vig and on the off chance you were.... Plus i thought you were a good target to be converted and I needed to kill converts. So you seemed a safe target.

Whoever the vig was, i'm assuming I got tagged due to the black kill missing day 1 when i was inactive?

Sorry for the inactivity disc! Totally forgot the game started... then when i was just getting into it.... BAM,dead!

Ah, well dang. That's a really thoughtful choice then.

No grudge for you!

JPants wrote: »
    Holy crap! We won!

Ah, well dang. That's a really thoughtful choice then.

No grudge for you!

As far as the SK role goes - I'm pretty sure my day 1 inactivity signed my death certificate once i started playing (very easy to see that pattern) but even without that I feel like the SK lacked a tool it would need to win. I could only win with the 2 original colorless (wasn't told how many originals there were), not the cultists. With only 1 power (daily kill) my only real hope was for the cult to try and covert me at which point they would learn that I am also colorless and hopefully they reach out. Some form of protection (even one time protection) or detection (for finding converts/colorless) would have helped quite a bit.

That said, hard to complain too much when i fucked myself up so bad with inactivity day 1.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I knew Romantic Undead was evil.

Feels good to have a grudge for next game. :)

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Actually, it looked like he got converted. When?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Auralynx wrote: »

Actually, it looked like he got converted. When?

Based on the pro-boards, after I was voted out. But he was vote problem!

Still grudging.

chamberlain on
    RU would have been converted on end of Day 5 (Paled on Day 4, full convert on Day 5).

I really like the +1 vote ability. I'd love to see that in more places, as it gives a villager an extra chance to help the village, while still allowing them to totally screw things up by making decisions that end up sending the wrong person home.

Just feels like it adds a little bit of chaos into the mix, at least in the early game.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    So @discrider , what were your feelings on us trying to convince a villager to play against their win condition before they got converted? What would that of been cool in your eyes?

I'm of the opinion that when you're the informed minority, deception is part of the game, but Virgil seem to think that was not sporting, thoughts?

Ah, sorry. I def think it's within the rules to tempt, or coerce villagers with a "you are going to be converted no matter what, so do this thing for us now" bluff.

I just think if I received that call as a villager, I would publicly display it, and reveal that request,
    even if I'd be converted the next turn, because I'm still a villager now, as far as I know?

You can also get into upsetting territory, for other players, if they found out any villagers with important powers just jumped ship pre-conversion.
    It would be setting someone up for meta drama, which isn't worth a win, in my opinion.

Well, I dunno.
    Sometimes I over-emphasize and I'm not realistic with other folk's feelings, and it could turn out that our players would be completely fine with it.
    A question worth pushing to the villagers, I suppose

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    - kime (never used his narration power, and so didn't -know- his text colour in narration was darkorange)

Ohhh, I didn't even think of using it like that. I figured I'd wait till I had something valuable to say, so it would be more believable (as opposed to diluting the believability if I was caught saying something weird/untrue in the narration, so people would realize it was a player ability). Confirming my own color though, clever!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I don't know any of the details of the event in question but in general I think everyone should play to their actual wincon (at the time) at all times. Having said that, I think it's totally within bounds to try and tempt/convince someone to do something that is against their wincon currently. It's up to that player if they want to A) believe you and B) go against their current wincon.

I mean, hell, anytime one villager soft networks with another one and asks for information to share/trade, they are asking someone to potentially play against their wincon, and it's up to them to decide if that risk is worth it. I think same applies here.

I would hope anyone faced with that proposition would choose to wait until they were actually converted to start playing against their original wincon.

premium wrote: »
    Why virgil?

One of two pretty-likely targets based on the information we have available.

The other's Preda, fwiw.

If the information imbalance gets corrected, well, maybe I'm up in time to switch gears?

Just wanted to go back to this post.

Aura correctly nailed the original two cultists.

When I read this, I thought it was game over then and there.

I don't know about anyone else but these last two games have really got me in the mood for more phalla!
    Hell, if I can think of a easy to narrate theme I might even try running a simple game to get my feet wet on the hosting side of things.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the game @discrider
    Sorry about my spotty activity

premium wrote: »
    Why virgil?

One of two pretty-likely targets based on the information we have available.

The other's Preda, fwiw.

If the information imbalance gets corrected, well, maybe I'm up in time to switch gears?

Just wanted to go back to this post.

Aura correctly nailed the original two cultists.

When I read this, I thought it was game over then and there.

Not to toot my own horn but the question bothering me all game long was "who did they convert now?"

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Quick mobile lunchtime post here, but I just realized that if I had kept turtling up on my ability one more day to prevent my conversion, Auralynx was the top of my list for healing on Day 9. Given the posts that have been dug up, it would have been a very likely village victory. Such a close game in the end.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Gotta say, being able to silence someone for a day, but not stop their voting or actions, kinda felt like a useless ability. I did it to Baidol over the first weekend, and didn't really get anything out of it (I mean, we were all gonna vote him off anyway), and felt bad for taking him out of the game on a "long day".

I know it sucks to be on the receiving end of an ability that prevents you from doing anything, but I'm unconvinced there's much point to this limited silence. At least, as village. If it were a mafia/cult ability you could probably accomplish a lot more with it by targeting people who seem to be soft networking or have claimed roles. But I feel like this and a few of the other abilities the host described don't really work as villager abilities since they mostly seem to create confusion. Understanding of the game state is the primary objective for the village because that's how they win, whereas the informed minority (be they mafia or cult) want to obscure things as much as possible because they already know enough to win if they can keep the village in the dark. These abilities are counter-productive for villagers because they help the minority's wincon indirectly, and if you get converted they can be targeted and deliberately used to help it to much greater effect.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Thanks for the game, discrider! The puzzle of working things out was really interesting. No thanks to Sir Fabulous and Romantic Undead for giving me the runaround and ruining the village's chances of victory. :P So many wasted days of my healing ability after running into you two. I took too long to work things out and I might be too forgiving in games like this. I've got so much rust.
    I don't think this happened when I healed kime. Not that I think it would have changed how I would have played the game. (Man, failure to coordinate to heal corvidae really made a mess of things.) I did mention with my orders on the last day that I might be better off getting converted by switching off my self-heal to Virgil_Leads_You, which I guess turned out to be the correct decision? No credit for victory though, I see.

Good hustle on the cult to get all of that done, though. I can definitely see the balance made between the cult having a powerful, daily conversion, but lacking a group kill and the conversion being delayed, while the village had a whole mess of abilities. I'm not sure if I agree that the cult had things stacked against them in general, only high-variance. The village cannot just keep up with the cult to win, they have to get a good tempo ahead. That's really difficult especially when allegiances are changing constantly.

Kime got your colour when you healed him.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Sorry I didn't communicate things clearly the day I revealed my ability. I should have announced my expectations in large font.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Gotta say, being able to silence someone for a day, but not stop their voting or actions, kinda felt like a useless ability. I did it to Baidol over the first weekend, and didn't really get anything out of it (I mean, we were all gonna vote him off anyway), and felt bad for taking him out of the game on a "long day".

For those who contacted me via PM wondering why shit was weird and were wondering why I didn't respond, this is why.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957

I know it sucks to be on the receiving end of an ability that prevents you from doing anything, but I'm unconvinced there's much point to this limited silence. At least, as village. If it were a mafia/cult ability you could probably accomplish a lot more with it by targeting people who seem to be soft networking or have claimed roles. But I feel like this and a few of the other abilities the host described don't really work as villager abilities since they mostly seem to create confusion. Understanding of the game state is the primary objective for the village because that's how they win, whereas the informed minority (be they mafia or cult) want to obscure things as much as possible because they already know enough to win if they can keep the village in the dark. These abilities are counter-productive for villagers because they help the minority's wincon indirectly, and if you get converted they can be targeted and deliberately used to help it to much greater effect.

So your ability, chamberlain's whitewash, premium's mask swap, etc, didn't have a huge village bent.
    However they were active abilities and could have been used to confirm your PM to the village.
    Given that the original cultists had no powers, that's not nothing!

That said, both JPants and the cult were informed of the lack of vanillagers, but they were only squeezed to reveal their powers day 7.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017

So your ability, chamberlain's whitewash, premium's mask swap, etc, didn't have a huge village bent.
    However they were active abilities and could have been used to confirm your PM to the village.

That said, both JPants and the cult were informed of the lack of vanillagers, but they were only squeezed to reveal their powers day 7.

Ah, I guess it could be used to make a role claim. Course, being a non-standard role there's no guarantee a random villager would accept that the ability meant you were village and not some type of opposition special. I could be misremembering, but I don't think the village was informed that the cult only had conversion to begin with.

Edit: I hope I'm not coming off as sour grapes, just offering up some opinion on design. Thanks for running a game on short notice, disc.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png

Ah, I guess it could be used to make a role claim. Course, being a non-standard role there's no guarantee a random villager would accept that the ability meant you were village and not some type of opposition special. I could be misremembering, but I don't think the village was informed that the cult only had conversion to begin with.

Nope!
    But if you read the later days, like 6-7, people were zeroing in on Virgil and Preda because they didn't have claimed powers.
    Admittedly people also didn't believe premium about his, which is half the puzzle after the cult claims false roles.

I think RU also claimed his vote manip role to people early, by saying he had a role that got better with time, and then came out with his fake vig outerer power instead after conversion.
    So trying to unpick that is a good puzzle too.

Sounds like it played better when people knew what their roles are, rather than having to figure out what their roles were like in my previous game.
    However, I think this spread of roles really only works in a conversion or high-lethality game, as in a normal mafia game confirming your role PM proves you're not a mafia. So the game needs to end before co-ordination is assured, or people must always not be trustworthy for some reason.
    Or perhaps the mafia need powers too. (At which point they need to be able to use them without drawing attention from the village)