As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West/Prime Challenge Coin 2017 (updated August 16th, 2017 with Coin Order Form)

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Traditionally, PAX West coins have had a Antique Bronze finish

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Voted!

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I really hope we keep the 1.75" antique bronze x.x

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I may have missed a year, but I'll not miss out on these coins from now on!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Voted! Can't wait to get this!

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • NyanNhanNyanNhan Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Voted!
    First time attendee and it's already looking to be an awesome trip! Thanks for organizing this.

NyanNhan on
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Any updates on this? PAX is quickly approaching!!!!

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    Without further delay, I proudly present the final voting form: https://goo.gl/forms/rEYmICTN2c9Oy8Pn1. This form will close on August 1st!

Just be patient another day or two. This phase is supposed to end tomorrow.

Edit (Aug 5): Okay, now I'm worried.

BLaZuRE on
    PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    Hmmm getting worried, any updates? Takes time to make the coins, and get them delivered in time.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • SpaceWhaleSpaceWhale Registered User new member
    Hoping coins go up for sale soon. I haven't missed one for Prime/West yet and I don't want to this year either.

• ImZelkovaImZelkova Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Yeah we're cutting it kind of short. By this point, I worry that we won't get them delivered before PAX starts.

ImZelkova on
    d2kwAWv.png
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    The results are in (and I've started making the design)! The winner of the gaming side of the coin is Oregon Trail and the winner of the Seattle side is the 1-2 blocks around the convention center with a pin in the middle labeled "home". We are also going for a ridged coin with an antique bronze finish in a regular size format. I shall update this later today with the coin design, and get it in to kiddercorp by the end of Monday. Sorry for cutting it short (I would've been done a bit sooner, but I've been busy and my computer had issues yesterday).

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    What's going on people? Nfan10039 with some good news, and maybe some bad news. We'll see.... Anyways, the coin design phase is done, which is the good news. The bad news is that I couldn't find the templates for last year's West coin, so I "borrowed" the South coin design, and made some new text for the outside. This is the bad news, as it isn't perfect, but in my opinion it looks pretty damn(I don't know if I can use that word on here....) fine. I'll post them here so that you can decide for yourself. If you don't like the wording, I might be able to change it (but every change will push the date that the coins are shipping out further back). The form for getting the coins should be up by Monday, as it's not a long weekend in the states (where the coins are produced). Anyways enjoy the pictures and if you have any feedback, please post it.yvprdjytazb9.jpg
    7lznwt6wur1g.png

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
  • Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Looking awesome, can't wait to get one!

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    It would be great if we could customize the Oregon trail text.
    Such as
    "AAA game comes during the night and steals 4 hours of queue time."
    "You have died of PAX Pox."

Or something along those lines.

IhtGIyi.png
  • ImZelkovaImZelkova Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Using a photo of the convention center might look a bit nicer than a screenshot of google maps.

For reference, here is the PAX South coin from this year. (I think it's actually the proof from Kiddercorp)

RuOVSoD.jpg

ImZelkova on
    d2kwAWv.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Such as

You have died of Pax pox sounds awesome ^^.

Can't wait to buy the coin, it looks great.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Such as

You have died of Pax pox sounds awesome ^^.

Can't wait to buy the coin, it looks great.

Agreed! "You have died of PAX Pox" is pretty much necessary at this point, good call SkeleVader.

Also, would personally I'm not a huge fan of forever owning a coin that says, "Hertz Rent A Car" and "FedEx Office". It's fine I guess, and I know removing these labels isn't something that can be done automatically.

However, what do people think of a satellite view? No worries if that's not what people are looking for, but that was the only way I could really see to get the labels off. And then we could add our own to the highlights.

wiboyrv1gs4w.png

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Doing the map in the same graphic style as the Pax maps would be cool I think:
    RE5A9nml.png

Take out all the street names and letter markers. Just put a home marker on WSCC and it would be a nice simple look.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    edited August 2017
    *snip*

Take out all the street names and letter markers. Just put a home marker on WSCC and it would be a nice simple look.

I approve of this message. The google map shot is a little... Busy.

Mighty on
  • davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    You have the location of the Sheraton in the wrong place. The Daily Grill is part of the Sheraton, it is on that corner.

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    davobah wrote: »
    You have the location of the Sheraton in the wrong place. The Daily Grill is part of the Sheraton, it is on that corner.

Oddly enough, it's Google Maps that's wrong--they have it in the wrong place and he just used a picture of the map.

As far as which map to use, yes please use the one SkeleVader provided! It's the World Map from the PAX guide so it's perfect for this. And I would also add a "Home" marker to it as well.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Kaollasu78Kaollasu78 Portland, OrRegistered User regular
    I agree with either the satellite view or the Pax Map. Google maps too busy :(

919eoupaoo36.png
  • stumb1instumb1in Registered User new member
    edited August 2017
    I agree, i really like the pax map on there instead of google image view, with the addition of HOME of coarse.

Also agree with the pax pox for the oregon trail, that is clever and great!

stumb1in on
  • ThornkinThornkin Registered User regular
    If at all possible, I like Skelevader's map.
    Pax Pox ++

• BLaZuREBLaZuRE Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Such as

I agree with You have died of PAX Pox. It adds a PAX touch.
    Pavio wrote: »
    Also, would personally I'm not a huge fan of forever owning a coin that says, "Hertz Rent A Car" and "FedEx Office". It's fine I guess, and I know removing these labels isn't something that can be done automatically.
    This is the reason I didn't vote for the Google Maps Screenshot of block around Convention Center, which kindof surprised me when it won. I'd love to change it to just a generic map (and have Home be a little more predominant).
    I second this.

Let me quickly construct something using the Google Maps API and bounce it off you guys... It'd be the same Google Map style, but customized.

Edit: Here's my customized map. Thoughts?
    JqaE6Ub.png

Satellite view without labels
    ffFjBFZ.jpg
    Roadmap view without labels
    8NyhsQx.jpg
    Now I'm just messing around with different settings:
    o144fpP.jpg

BLaZuRE on
    PAX West 2017 Checklist:
    [X] Order Badges [X] Hotel [ X ] Flight [ X ] Time Off [ X ] Bobcat [ . ] Office Set [ . ] Challenge Coin [ . ] Sanity

yQb8WN6.png
    Hello all. I have submitted my initial design to Kiddercorp already. However, I like these suggestions that people are throwing out. If I mess around with the coin design, there is an increased chance that you folks won't get the coins until after PAX. Also of note is that I replaced my battery in my laptop. However, the laptop wasn't so easy to put back together. As such, making such changes will take longer than usual. Please be patient and don't get upset please.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Without further ado, my laptop has been fixed and thus I present the new designs for the Challenge Coin! If you have a problem with these new designs, you'll have to take it up with RILMS as I am off to Edmonton tomorrow and won't be coming back until August 14th. Thank you everyone for being patient, and I shall send this in to Kiddercorp as soon as I'm done posting it here. Have a good night ladies and gents.
    ba9gwikobokw.jpg
    e0ly4avoz0tm.jpg

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Looking good!

• IncarnadineIncarnadine Registered User regular
    I love it. Good work!

• RostaakRostaak Registered User regular
    Looks amazing!

• dragonmammadragonmamma OregonRegistered User regular
    this is great!!!

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Still waiting for the year we do TCG gaming side :p
    Looks good though!

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Looks good.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Sj3nksSj3nks Registered User regular
    Newb question, but how does a person order these?

• stumb1instumb1in Registered User new member
    @Sj3nks they will post an order form.

coin looks good!

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Proofs from Kiddercorp.

Please let me know your thoughts by 5pm (CDT)

9feil6x72ahx.jpg
    733r7ffl8qfc.jpg

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    RILMS wrote: »
    Proofs from Kiddercorp.

Please let me know your thoughts by 5pm (CDT)
    9feil6x72ahx.jpg
    733r7ffl8qfc.jpg

I would have thought the "You have died of PAX Pox" text would be in green.

YoungFrey on
  • hawkrighthawkright Registered User new member
    edited August 2017
    I've got a few recommendations I could pass along:

- Typos. The avenues are labeled "RUE" instead of "AVE". "2TH" and "3TH" on the coin should be changed to "2ND" and "3RD". Pine is "PIHE", Stewart is "STEWRRT", Olive is "OLIUE", Spring is labeled "TPRING", and Interstate 5 is missing a label. See if Kiddercorp can get em fixed!

- I would do away with the circles and letters, but that's just me. With the legend in the program they serve a purpose, but I think they make the coin look a bit cluttered. Removing them could make the colored coin a bit *less* colorful, however, so maybe not.

- Green pax pox text sounds like a good idea as well. And not so much another typo, but maybe tack on a period at the end there!

Overall the design looks absolutely amazing!

hawkright on
    N2eiLqp.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I like the circles and letters on the map. It more clearly signals this is from the program. It's not just a map, it's *the* map from the program.