As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Batman by Telltale

1234568»

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Still no Mac versions of Batman or Walking Dead Season 3, dang. At this point can we just assume Telltale's abandoned macOS development?

(edit: the Walking Dead one is the one that really kills me because I assume there's no way to port my Walking Dead saves over to Windows.)

wandering on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    So I just completed a playthrough of all three TWD seasons + Michonne, 1 & 2 were re-plays while 3 and Michonne were new to me
    God damn do I love season one. The only thing I dislike is Ben, and that's clearly intentional on the writers' part. I still can't finish that last scene of Lee and Clem without tearing up. Clementine's "me, too" just fucking kills me. Auuugh.

Season two's ending, by contrast, just does not have that same level of emotional gut-punch. Yeah, it's sad to shoot Kenny, but the guy is just so clearly broken at that point that I can't see it as anything but a mercy killing. Oh, and that flashback scene is a tearjerker out of nowhere, especially on my first
    playthrough and I thought they might actually kill off Clementine.

Michonne was fine. Some of the hallucination visuals were cool. Norma seemed like she could have been an interesting antagonist because she actually does appear reasonable at times, but that's utterly spoiled by Randall and his "I sure do love murder!" shtick. And the big ending choice is between staying with your obviously hallucination children or escaping a burning house? Really?

Season three was...okay? I never got emotionally attached to any of the new characters, but in a way that was kind of liberating so I could play Javier as kind of an asshole and not feel bad about it. Some of the writing made fuck-all sense ("That baby is going to die, it's a drain on resources! You're banished! Also, we're taking the baby from you.") but I did enjoy it. I'm kind of glad the next installment is the last one, because I want to see how Clementine ends up.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Telltale revealed that Harley Quinn will appear in Episode 2 of Batman
    wbzxz7g8q58g.jpg

Which means this is a Harley who exists independent of The Joker since he isn't The Joker yet? That's actually pretty rad!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/frQO_k3906s

Clip of Harley's intro

I am tentatively down for the reversal of Harley and Joker's roles in the relationship (and also the fact that Bruce asking John if he is in love with him is treated as a serious beat with a "WILL REMEMBER THIS") but I hope they don't get too toxic and gross with it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Anyone else playing?

I played and completed season one last week

It ran like shit but was good enough that I didn't hesitate to buy season two, which runs completely smooth!

I have a real issue with the final choice in season two episode two though
    The choice is "Head off Bane" or "Head off Harley"

To head someone off means to get in their way, and I chose to do this to Bane so as not to anger Harley

But the final stats screen says "Because I fought with Bane instead of her, she feels slighted"

It's not like I fought alongside Bane

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I had the exact same issue.
    I figured cutting Bane off made the most sense since he could cause the most damage. Had pretty much the exact same reaction.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Anyone else playing?

I played and completed season one last week

It ran like shit but was good enough that I didn't hesitate to buy season two, which runs completely smooth!

I have a real issue with the final choice in season two episode two though
    The choice is "Head off Bane" or "Head off Harley"

To head someone off means to get in their way, and I chose to do this to Bane so as not to anger Harley

But the final stats screen says "Because I fought with Bane instead of her, she feels slighted"

It's not like I fought alongside Bane

Yeah, that choice is worded very...strangely
    Especially because the game also acknowledges that choosing Bane means you limit his rampage.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It seems like they're having a real problem getting a decent VO for Harley Quinn these days

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I thought she was great

Not that I don't love Tara Strong's impersonation of the TAS voice, but I loved this different take on it